Losing salvation

B

bibleman10

How can one lose their salvation if they are already saved? Could someone help me with this?

Just a note to say the original link is removed. I'm sure we're fine enough to discuss topics here - but discussing other communities is not something we do. :)

Safety: One-time or on-going?

bibleman10 said:
How can one lose their salvation if they are already saved? Could someone help me with this?

I believe that being saved is an on-going state of being, and not a one-time event. In the book of Ezekiel, God promises that all of your righteousness will be forgotten on the day of your transgression, which means you could go your whole life doing only good things, and then have one bad day and fall out of favour with God. On the brighter side, the same passage promises that all of one's transgressions will be forgotten on the day of my repentance.

Being saved requires a Christian to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I think he means continually.

Marsh said:
I believe that being saved is an on-going state of being, and not a one-time event. In the book of Ezekiel, God promises that all of your righteousness will be forgotten on the day of your transgression, which means you could go your whole life doing only good things, and then have one bad day and fall out of favour with God. On the brighter side, the same passage promises that all of one's transgressions will be forgotten on the day of my repentance.

Being saved requires a Christian to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I think he means continually.
I agree

Back