changing channels

pseudonymous

Obtuse Kineticist
Reaction score
Changing Channels

How to be more loving during each day? How to be the best person that you can be? There is a plethargy of negativity in the world. Are we as seekers the only potential obstacle to this darkness overtaking the human population? Is it our responsibility to be the light?

What would happen if everyone you visually see during the day, you simply blessed on their way? Not out loud of course, but in your mind. We are all holy people, albeit distracted and sometimes overwhelmed by the scripts we carry. What would be the effect, if any, of some of us taking on the responsibility of being a reflection of Grace in the world, and not a reflection of the vaccuum of narcissism?

This is such a simple practice that changes the channel from sensing people as 'others' to relating to them. Does it sound too simplistic? I have never found it to fail that when I go through my day blessing everyone, silently, I notice that my walls and masks dissolve, and that because I am focused on blessing, and not placing a value or judging (reacting) , that I don't create the negative emotional situations that trespassed on my peace.

Since it is so simple, I invite you to try it. Perhaps if enough people reinforce the idea that silently blessing others works not only for them, but for ourselves (making us more affective and loving), then perhaps we can start a mini revolution of selflessness. Would this not be a better way to use our perpetual creative energies that we either bless or pollute the world with? If you've never tried this, would you please? It would be nice to know you are out there kicking down the darkness.

DC Vision

Its not a matter of it not working. Its just getting yourself to do it. I have acute anxiety and it seems so simple to stand back and take life easy, but the minute I step out in the world I'm irritable, irrational, etc.

Everyone needs to try harder to do... that, what you just said.

Mus Zibii said:
Its not a matter of it not working. Its just getting yourself to do it. I have acute anxiety and it seems so simple to stand back and take life easy, but the minute I step out in the world I'm irritable, irrational, etc.

Everyone needs to try harder to do... that, what you just said.
i have acute anxieties too. it has gotten far worse over the past 3 years, but i do find that using this blessing technique does tend to lessen the "me & other" aspect of the anxiety. hope you find it helps you too to some degree. i am very adverse to being medicated, and always attempt to find a natural cure within.

thanks for responding.

dcv-

I was on meds for about five years, but I went off them several months ago. So yeah I have much need for incessant reminding of the illusions of life.

Back