the tree of life symbol

That animated graphic was pretty cool for showing the kabbalistic Tree of Life and some related symbols. Did you find it provided any particular insights for you?

; )

Ben Gruagach

I've always thought geometry is somehow sacred in an intuitional sense, but due to a personal experience in math class:eek: l maintain a fascination with complete ignorance. so the less exact symbology/art/correspondences was absorbed more naturally in my interests of the continuum and necessity of the finite in the infinite in the finite and the kabbalah is a good avenue [if varied, obviously] of this divine/human exploration just like other religions or systems dealing with metaphysical concerns from an in sightful pov. It is therefore to me a worthy worldview to accompany a journey of life if succumbed to deeply.

I've always thought geometry is somehow sacred in an intuitional sense, but due to a personal experience in math class:eek: l maintain a fascination with complete ignorance. so the less exact symbology/art/correspondences was absorbed more naturally in my interests of the continuum and necessity of the finite in the infinite in the finite and the kabbalah is a good avenue [if varied, obviously] of this divine/human exploration just like other religions or systems dealing with metaphysical concerns from an in sightful pov. It is therefore to me a worthy worldview to accompany a journey of life if succumbed to deeply.

Have you been grazing on liberty caps? :D

I posted this on another thread but the link shows at least one of Jung's efforts of spirographic ecstasy...
Jung's Red Book: The art of psychology - opinion - 03 November 2009 - New Scientist

this? whats psychedelic about this?..he's obviously been influenced by the Chinese blue and white willow patterns [maybe his mother had some soup plates of this design!].

Attachments

• 100_0556.JPG
    100_0556.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 2,804
  • 100_0558.JPG
    100_0558.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,707
shawn, nice....r u being esoteric? being probably pictish l'm partial to blue [faces!]
As in practice a geometrician what do you think about the value/meaning of this symbol [tree of life geometrically depicted]?

shawn, nice....r u being esoteric? being probably pictish l'm partial to blue [faces!]
As in practice a geometrician what do you think about the value/meaning of this symbol [tree of life geometrically depicted]?
I think it is very profound and deep.
And we are still just scratching the surface.
Those 2 pics were done by me by the way about 15 yrs ago when I was quite fascinated by it.

Here ya go. Make your own silver & white bead tree.

[youtube]tbFkUmq8XsM[/youtube]

aw sweet; l have all the implements cos l did a jewellry course a while back and have kept all my old trinkets to solder together one day a crazy necklace or something. alas my days are filled with monotonous work:(

in hermetic qabbalah can both daat and keter be present at the same time?

BB,

for Jewish kabbalah, yes, but if someone weren't aware of that he might think, from reading this thread, that they can both be present for hermetic qabbalah. That is why I ask if in hermetic qabbalah that is ever possible. Nothing in this thread has explicitly stated that both can't be present at the same time.

Back