Palm Sunday or Cloak Sunday??

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Palm Sunday or Cloak Sunday??

Take a look at these passages….

Matthew 21: 6 The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. 7 They brought the donkey and the colt and placed their cloaks on them for Jesus to sit on. 8 A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road.

Mark 11:7 When they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their cloaks over it, he sat on it. 8 Many people spread their cloaks on the road, while others spread branches they had cut in the fields.

Luke 19: 35 They brought it to Jesus, threw their cloaks on the colt and put Jesus on it. 36 As he went along, people spread their cloaks on the road.

John12: 12 The next day the great crowd that had come for the festival heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. 13 They took palm branches and went out to meet him

Hmmmm…… So we’ve got Three references for branches or palms and Six references of Cloaks.

Please assist in creating a new paradigm…..Cloak Sunday!!

So now let us think about this. If you were to honor someone, how would it really be known?

By cutting branches off of someone else’s trees?

Or by taking the cloak off your back and laying it down…an early version of a red carpet welcome.

Let us consider another passage.

Matthew 25:40 ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Now we have an opportunity to combine all this ‘New Thought’ with ‘Spring Cleaning’ and create a new movement of Cloak Sunday!

On Cloak Sunday (aka Palm Sunday) bring in bags your coats, your clothes, that are clean and worthy of passing onto those less fortunate.

In a separate bag bring ‘gently used’ shoes. We’ll be supporting Soles4Souls.org and the likes of Purple Heart, AmVets, and other centers to distribute the clothes.

If you’d like to join us on this venture by helping to distribute bags or handle the wealth of contributions we are to receive and give, or by passing this on to other churches….holler!

PalmSunday or Cloak Sunday??

Take a look at these passages….

Matthew 21: 6 The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. 7 They brought the donkey and the colt and placed their cloaks on them for Jesus to sit on. 8 A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road.

Mark 11:7 When they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their cloaks over it, he sat on it. 8 Many people spread their cloaks on the road, while others spread branches they had cut in the fields.

Luke 19: 35 They brought it to Jesus, threw their cloaks on the colt and put Jesus on it. 36 As he went along, people spread their cloaks on the road.

John12: 12 The next day the great crowd that had come for the festival heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. 13 They took palm branches and went out to meet him

Hmmmm…… So we’ve got Three references for branches or palms and Six references of Cloaks.

Please assist in creating a new paradigm…..Cloak Sunday!!

So now let us think about this. If you were to honor someone, how would it really be known?

By cutting branches off of someone else’s trees?

Or by taking the cloak off your back and laying it down…an early version of a red carpet welcome.

Let us consider another passage.

Matthew 25:40 ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Now we have an opportunity to combine all this ‘New Thought’ with ‘Spring Cleaning’ and create a new movement of Cloak Sunday!

On Cloak Sunday (aka Palm Sunday) bring in bags your coats, your clothes, that are clean and worthy of passing onto those less fortunate.

In a separate bag bring ‘gently used’ shoes. We’ll be supporting Soles4Souls.org and the likes of Purple Heart, AmVets, and other centers to distribute the clothes.

If you’d like to join us on this venture by helping to distribute bags or handle the wealth of contributions we are to receive and give, or by passing this on to other churches….holler!
What an outstanding Idea!

The Grey and I have stuff to give, but did not know where to give it (we don't believe in the local "charities"). Now we do know where to go...

Back