information on Taoist needed

windywillow

Reaction score
I am doing a final report for my World Religions class on Taoism and need to find someone that is willing to answer the following questions.

How do you practice the beliefs of Taoism?
Why do you believe what you believe with Taoism?
How often is prayer conducted?
What do you find most rewarding about your religion?
How has Taoism impacted your life?
Do you believe Taoism to be the only religion worth following?
How did you come to believe in this religion?
How did you learn about Taoism?
What have been some of the challenges and obstacles you have come up against since practicing Taoism?
How do you encourage people to learn about Taoism?

I deeply appreciate any help!

I'll suggest a couple things here...keep checking back in to see if you get any response but don't stop here....you'll need more responses than you'll get here if you get any.

I am doing a final report for my World Religions class on Taoism and need to find someone that is willing to answer the following questions.
<snip>

Greetings windywillow.
I hope this response does not make you weep.;)(pun intended)
Taoism is called a Mystic "Religion" as it is experiential in its nature. Truly one learns by doing and one "does" by being. ("The Way to do is to be" - Bynner)
The majority of "Taoists" that post here are of the philosophical bent rather than of the religious persuasion, so that Wil is quite correct in that one may not obtain a response concerning the practice of the "religious" aspects of Taoism within these forums. Of course one might obtain some seemingly cryptic replies such as:

The Question that one has posed is not the true Question,
"The Tao that one speaks of is not the true Tao" (Chapter 1 of the Tao Teh Ching),
etc, etc, ad nausium.

Might I suggest that one reads the postings found in
Eastern Religions and Philosophies - Tao - Tao te Ching - part 1 chapter 1
and others, for confirmation?

Thanks to both of you for responding :). And I will definitely take the advice that both of you gave.

I'm not sure if this is a tad bit late but i'll give you my answers. Bear in mind that i can only speak for myself and do not represent Taoists everywhere.

I practise Taoism through meditation and living in the moment.

Because it is what is in front of me. My everyday experiences; nothing more nothing less.

I do not pray in the sense that i worship a diety.

It provides contentment and serenity.

It gives me peace and a more objective view (at least as close to objectivity as possible).

I have never thought of Taoism as a religion but more as a philosophy.

It makes the most sense.

Through the practise of tai chi.

What have been some of the challenges and obstacles you have come up against since practicing Taoism?
I would think that the most difficult aspect of practices such as taoism is letting go of desires and many other things which one would normally think of as important.

I do not! Or at least, not directly.

I hope this helps!

I'd just like to say I appreciated it and it resonates with my views in many ways.

Do you read the Tao te Ching or any other books as contemplation?

I'd just like to say I appreciated it and it resonates with my views in many ways.

Do you read the Tao te Ching or any other books as contemplation?

Sorry for the late reply! But is your post referring to mine or someone else's?

Last edited:

1> Taoism is against any practice. Its whole approach is receptive. All methods are for how to avoide all practices.
2> Tao is a path and destiny both. It is truth of existance. Need not believe.
3> As i told that the whole approach is "Do not do to get". Do as not doer.
4> Dhamma is reward of taoism. Overflowing unconditioned love is the result. Independent source of joy is beauty.
5> Life can not be known untill knwing death, death can never be known without life.
6> Truth should be follower even if it given by enemy. False should be rejected even if it is given by friend. Taoism can be travelled but can not be follwed. Taoism is strongest, pure and core. No religion is religion without taoism.
7> Believing is a practice of fools. Experiencing is the methods of braves. I do not believe in believeing. I love experiencing truth,the great path.

8> Existance is best teacher. Be free from all foolish teachings and will start learning from existance. Your experience is best and only reliable evedience of truth and damma.
9> Only a deep down feeling and love can make you get connected with truth. Stop following and get connected with truth,the dhamma,the golden path.

www.royalmonk.in your personal tour guide in india

Back