Beyond the crafts.

enlightenment

Reaction score
This is sort of a spin off from something I was discussing with Andrew X(?).

Let us assume, for the purpose of this thread, that out there in the universe, there are more than one intelligent species, and let us further assume that more than one of those species have visited this planet, and interacted with man.

It's a big leap of faith, but like I say, for the sake of the story, let us assume that position to be true.

I am not really looking to get into their crafts here, nor even speculating as to what motives they might have.

What I want to speak about is their physical make up, and if it can tell us anything.

A quick search will show you that there have been a variety of races reported, from the beautiful tall people of Adamski, to the commonly reported 'gray'.

However, they all appear united by one thing - they all loosely follow the homo sapien model of walking on two legs, having a generally human shape.

In evolutionary terms, the odds of another humanoid type being having evolved to the top of the food chain, on a remote planet, are so small as to be almost neglible. But since all alien visitors are built on the human shape, the odds get even more incredible.

With an almost infinite number of ways that they could have evolved, why would they not look like a giant amphibian or a large centipede?

Do the witnesses simply lack imagination in their stories, and feel that tying to tell people that their alien visitors looked like toads would be just a bit too much for even believers to accept?

The only way (imo), that it would be feasible that aliens would generally always be humanoid, would be if there were some genetic relationship between all the species, including ours.

There is an idea that goes that modern humans are a result of ancient alien visitors literally having sex with our ancestors.

Those who support this idea even use the Bible to back it up, claiming that the passage in which it says that 'they laid down with the daughters of man', tilts it's hat at an account of an alien (sic) species having sex with human females.

It's an interesting notion, but takes has at least one large flaw.

As we all know, hybrids are nothing new, they happen among animals, however, in order for it to work, the two creatures must be VERY close together, genetically.

We are close to chimps, however, not close enough to create a chimp/human hybrid (lest you count Dubya).

For ancient alien vistors to have successfully bred with our ancestors, their genetic make up would already need to be almost identical, and, again, the odds on this are small enough to suggest that there was no intergalactic breeding programme, with humans being the spin off.

Steve

Back