Did I read into

L

lover454

Did I read into my moms remarks and what do you think of my card that I am sent?

Actually the next day I put the card in our mailbox and she read it. She did reassure me although I had to ask her after she read the card - but today (a week later) I want her to reassure me again. Should I or how do I get closure on this.

I made a card for my mom and this is the body of the letter. Here is what happened. Two days ago she was contacting the coat closet floor. I walked out to say hello and she said hello back but out of the blue she says "This suede coat are you ever going to wear it?" I said "No" (I never really liked that coat). Any way she says "It is in bad shape". I did not say anything but two hours later it still bothered me because I felt that she would make remarks about my other clothes at any given time. We said things - she this coat is 38 years old, that she purchased it for me when I was 18. First she said that she wouldn't say anything about my clothes because I would go nuts. But at the same time she did reassure me that she would never say anything about my clothes, and I have known her to say anything about my clothes.

CARD TO MOM:

Be receptive, caring and kind

Dear Mom (8/27/11): First of all I want to state that I am not writing this for you to be become depressed, anxious, etc. I am writing this so we don't have a fight. I write to you so you can read what bothers me and then we can put it aside forever. Once more I want to state I do love you and I cannot see life without you. I really hope (and really want) that one day I can approach you and talk to you about something you said that day, or if you said something yesterday, or a month ago a year ago or two years ago if it still bothers me without you getting hostile. All the clothes I have are from that store I love and I absolutely love every single clothing item and plan on keeping them forever. As you may know I started to purchase all my clothes from the that store I love on Saturday, December 22, 2007. The styles that I purchased and now own which are all from the that store I love are the styles I always wanted to wear but could never afford and every single item I own (minus the coat) is in great shape and will always be in great shape. Now to tell you what bothered me. I really felt that you were managing my clothes. That you did not respect that I love all my blouses, sweaters, pants, jackets, etc. That yes even though you reassured me that the following (1) I was reading into your remarks; (2) that you would never ever tell me to get rid of my clothes that I purchased from the that store I love, (3) and that when I did buy from the other stores you would never tell me to get rid of my clothes, (4) but this coat you purchased not me and it was in bad shape. Yet even though you told me this your comment still bothers me.

So for that reason can you reassure me one more time the following:
(1) that you accept the fact that I love all my clothes that I purchased from the that store I love: (2) that you know even if I don't ever get a chance to wear them I still want to own them forever; (3) that you know all my clothes (minus the coat ) is in great shape; (4) that you never had any intentions of ever telling me what to do with the clothes I purchased from the that store I love

Again I love you and I really wish you would not carry on if I pester you, that you would be more receptive, patient and kind.

Back