Spirituality and Dreams

Namaste Jesus

Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Do you believe that dreams are spiritual in nature? Can God or a divine influence of some sort communicate with us through our dreams?

Personally, I've had a number of dream related experiences that would prompt me to answer yes to both questions. One such dream I can remember quite vividly. I had broken ground for our new Temple and the stone had been delivered for the foundation, but mainly due to laziness on my part, had yet to be put into place. Then, one night Krishna, (as a child), came to me in my dream and said, "You need to start building, but don't forget to bless the sight first." I asked him how I was supposed to do that and he turned and said, "Like this." When he turned, Shiva appeared behind him with his head down and his hands together as Hindus do when saying, Namaste. Shiva opened his hands and there in his palms was the ground I had opened to begin construction of the Temple with the stone already in place. It was as if he had just scooped up the earth from beneath the Temple site and was holding it there in his hands. I mean, it was so real. Tree roots were dangling from his fingers, soil crumbling... I was speechless. Krishna proceeded to show me where to put the incense and other things to complete the blessing and then just faded away. I woke up abruptly at 6AM with my heart pounding. I quickly got dressed and began putting the nearly three tons of stone in place one wheel barrow at a time until the site looked exactly as it did in Shiva's hands. That night, I did as Krishna instructed and blessed the site. That was the first of many such dreams I've had since.:rolleyes:

You can certainly get more in touch with your subconscious mind through dreams.

That said, lucid dreaming (when you know you are dreaming and can consciously take control of the dream) totally rocks! :cool:

My dreams are usually connected with something that has occurred during the day.

The majority of my dreams are as well. Usually something to do with the last thing I saw on tv, but that's what makes the ones that deviate from the norm stand out.

Shortly after my husband's death I began having informative dreams from him & alot of paranormal activity ...
I tested each one first before immediately believing they were of a spiritual nature ...
Being a member of a widow/er forum I came to learn there were hundreds of us who had or were also experiencing signs, synchronicities, dreams ...
Many were afraid to talk about them since friends & friends dismissed them as craziness from grief ...

The peace, love & joy I was filled w/at the time of his death (unbeknownst to me being miles apart) was a miracle - a heavenly state I have no words to describe ...
It was a high price for the experience, but it gave me hope & comfort as well as something to look forward to ...
These are the things the make life exciting, wouldn't you agree? :D

Shortly after my husband's death I began having informative dreams from him & alot of paranormal activity ...
I tested each one first before immediately believing they were of a spiritual nature ...
Being a member of a widow/er forum I came to learn there were hundreds of us who had or were also experiencing signs, synchronicities, dreams ...
Many were afraid to talk about them since friends & friends dismissed them as craziness from grief ...

The peace, love & joy I was filled w/at the time of his death (unbeknownst to me being miles apart) was a miracle - a heavenly state I have no words to describe ...
It was a high price for the experience, but it gave me hope & comfort as well as something to look forward to ...
These are the things the make life exciting, wouldn't you agree? :D

Very nice. I tend not to discuss my experiences for the very reasons those you've encountered state, but I could tell you some stories.....:rolleyes:

I can't remember if I have mentioned this dream, which it is sure to be, anywhere else on the forum. If I have forgive me for repeating myself.

For as long as I can remember I have had this 'memory'. I was up in heaven with God and the angels, God was a bright white light. I was told it was my turn to go down to earth to do my bit as a human! I wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea of leaving my cosy billet and protested, to no avail. No wonder I apparently screamed for the first three months of my life, no doubt a temper tantrum at having had my wishes thwarted by the deity!
:D:D:D:D:D

I can't remember if I have mentioned this dream, which it is sure to be, anywhere else on the forum. If I have forgive me for repeating myself.

For as long as I can remember I have had this 'memory'. I was up in heaven with God and the angels, God was a bright white light. I was told it was my turn to go down to earth to do my bit as a human! I wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea of leaving my cosy billet and protested, to no avail. No wonder I apparently screamed for the first three months of my life, no doubt a temper tantrum at having had my wishes thwarted by the deity!
:D:D:D:D:D

No doubt about it, Deities got attitude!

You can certainly get more in touch with your subconscious mind through dreams.

That said, lucid dreaming (when you know you are dreaming and can consciously take control of the dream) totally rocks! :cool:

How do you control your dreams ?
I've never been able to do that (I won't even realize I'm in a dream 99% of the time...) Is there a way to train oneself to be able to do that ?

How do you control your dreams ?
I've never been able to do that (I won't even realize I'm in a dream 99% of the time...) Is there a way to train oneself to be able to do that ?

Hi Dikaios, welcome to the forum.

Controlling your dreams is something that happens when your conscious mind merges in the right proportions with your subconscious. Too much and you wake up. Not enough and you don't even realize you're dreaming. In the right proportions however and you're able to control or influence what happens next.

I don't know exactly how to make it happen, but for me, it starts when I realize that I'm dreaming. At this point I'm able to take control and play around with people and objects in the dream. Too much conscious influence however usually leads to me waking up. If I take it slow however, it's usually quite enjoyable.

I don't know of a way to train for this, but I do know that meditation greatly helps.

Hi Dikaios, welcome to the forum.

Controlling your dreams is something that happens when your conscious mind merges in the right proportions with your subconscious. Too much and you wake up. Not enough and you don't even realize you're dreaming. In the right proportions however and you're able to control or influence what happens next.

I don't know exactly how to make it happen, but for me, it starts when I realize that I'm dreaming. At this point I'm able to take control and play around with people and objects in the dream. Too much conscious influence however usually leads to me waking up. If I take it slow however, it's usually quite enjoyable.

I don't know of a way to train for this, but I do know that meditation greatly helps.

Thank you. I'll try meditating more. :)

Back