May 14th marks sixth anniversary of Yaran

arthra

Baha'i
Reaction score
yaran_with_spouses.jpg

Above is a photo of the "Yaran" the seven Baha'is and their spouses who have been imprisoned in Iran for their beliefs .. For details read more at

Profiles of the Yaran - Iran Press Watch

Trial of Iran’s seven
Baha’i leaders

On 5 March 2008, Mahvash Sabet – a schoolteacher and mother of two – was arrested having been summoned to the Iranian city of Mashhad to discuss some matters regarding a Baha’i burial. She has been in prison since that time – including the first 175 days spent in solitary confinement.
Two months later, on 14 May, six other prominent members of Iran’s Baha’i community were incarcerated in Tehran’s notorious Evin prison, after they were arrested in early morning raids at their homes in a sweep that was ominously similar to episodes in the 1980s when scores of Iranian Baha’i leaders were summarily rounded up and killed.
The six were Fariba Kamalabadi, Jamaloddin Khanjani, Afif Naeimi, Saeid Rezaie, Behrouz Tavakkoli, and Vahid Tizfahm.
These five men and two women were all members of a national-level group known as the “Yaran-i-Iran” – or “Friends in Iran”.

Some 20 months after being imprisoned without charge, a trial began on 12 January 2010. Throughout their long wait for justice, the seven had received hardly one hour’s access to their legal counsel and suffered appalling treatment and deprivations, including psychological and physical hardship.
The seven were charged with, among other things, espionage, propaganda against the Islamic republic, the establishment of an illegal administration - charges that were all rejected completely and categorically by the defendants.

Their crime, though, is nothing more than being members of the Baha’i Faith, a religion which has been the focus of a systematic, government-sponsored persecution in Iran since the 1979 revolution.

Read more at

Trial of Iran?s seven Baha?i leaders - Bahá'í World News Service

There is a chronology of efforts to draw international attention to the plight of the seven Baha'is imprisoned ...

See:

Timeline of events - Bahá'í World News Service

Back