Design for House of Worship in Columbia revealed

arthra

Baha'i
Reaction score
1020_12.jpg

A recent article from the Baha'i World News Service begins:

NORTE DEL CAUCA — The design for the local Baha'i House of Worship in the Norte del Cauca region of Colombia was unveiled Sunday at a meeting held at the site designated for its construction.

A small team from the Colombian architectural firm, CUNA, presented the approved plans before an audience of 500 people from the region and further afield. Speaking on behalf of the firm, Eduard Lopez, one of the architects working on the project, expressed the team's gratitude for having been given the opportunity to participate in this initiative.

Describing the process by which the team developed the design for the Temple, Mr. Lopez explained that its members spent many hours, over the course of months, visiting different communities and groups in Norte del Cauca, listening to their ideas and thoughts about the House of Worship, coming to understand their aspirations, and participating in their community-building activities.

Source:

Design of Colombian House of Worship unveiled - Bahá'í World News Service

This is exciting news for Baha'is because there only about eight House of Worship around the world and so they are not that common...

There are some common characteristics of Baha'i Houses of Worship.. They have nine entrances..and ideally they can have institutions surrounding them that serve humanity ... such as a hospital .. a university... a hospice for people and other services. So it's exciting to learn how this House of Worship will serve people.

The following is a succinct summary of what a Baha'i House of Worship consists of... The Columbian House of Worship above is an example

"Baha'i Houses of Worship are open to all peoples. Although their architectural styles differ widely, the nine sides and central dome common to all of them symbolize at once the diversity of the human race and its essential oneness. Devotional programs are simple, consisting of prayers, meditations, and the reading of selections from the sacred scriptures of the Bahá'í Faith and other world religions. Music is provided by unaccompanied choirs.

"As conceived by Bahá'u'lláh, the House of Worship is intended as the spiritual center for various dependent institutions dedicated to scientific, humanitarian, educational and administrative service."

Bahá'í Houses of Worship

The House of Worship in Columbia will be among the first Houses of Worship erected by a local community to serve it's needs... In the past Baha'i Houses of Worship were erected for service to entire continents.. Last Sunday June 5th marked the groundbreaking for the beginning of construction:

NORTE DEL CAUCA, Colombia — Sunday marked the historic groundbreaking for the local Baha'i House of Worship for Norte del Cauca in Colombia.

Some 700 people gathered on the temple land in the small village of Agua Azul, in the municipality of Villa Rica, including the Mayor, Mrs. Jenny Nair Gomez.

Addressing the audience, Mrs. Nair Gomez explained how the House of Worship "resonates with the vision of spirituality that our forbears taught us".

"For us Nortecaucanos, to have a House of Worship is a source of pride," she said. "We want above all to establish a spirit of brotherhood. We share this land, and this is our House of Worship. As neighbors, we draw inspiration from it to work together for the advancement of our village and region."
read more at

http://news.bahai.org/story/1109?ut...wns/rss+(Bahá’í+World+News+Service+Headlines)

Back