Where's the Real Buddha Maitreya?

littlebuddha

Reaction score
Many people acclaimed their-selves as the future Buddha promised, as I seen on the web, but none of them had showed a real impact upon the living of the mankind so far, while the quality of the Buddha's existence should be at a context to be compare to Christ or other spiritual leaders...

Agreed.... We have had many who have made minor impacts.... none who have made as broad inroads as those of the past...

Of course during their time... they weren't so popular eh?

There is not the same flexibility for legends to take a hold.

Some crazed Prince of a occupied Empire with no answer to the increased irrigation needs except to try and starve himself to death, only to find out it was a bad idea?

Would he do?

Many people acclaimed their-selves as the future Buddha promised, as I seen on the web, but none of them had showed a real impact upon the living of the mankind so far, while the quality of the Buddha's existence should be at a context to be compare to Christ or other spiritual leaders...

The real impact on mankind comes from within every man himself. The total result depends on all of us together. I am only a catalyst. The more that consider what I say, and the more that do meditation in solitude, the quicker the process will be.

More questions have been asked here: http://www.interfaith.org/community/threads/15220/page-4#post-289709

Agreed.... We have had many who have made minor impacts.... none who have made as broad inroads as those of the past...

Of course during their time... they weren't so popular eh?

No prophet can be really popular in his lifetime. The magic is always created after the prophet's death by leaders who wish to lure the people into submission and into their own wars. The fact is that they were all ordinary men, just like me, ordinary men with an important message.

There is not the same flexibility for legends to take a hold.

Some crazed Prince of a occupied Empire with no answer to the increased irrigation needs except to try and starve himself to death, only to find out it was a bad idea?

Would he do?

He he he. The Prince might just have forgotten his math lessons about the consequence of growth when faced with finite resources or maybe he was mislead by a group of religious individuals to try starvation?

I do not think the Maitreya has revealed himself yet. Many fake ones for whatever reason are out there. It is said that he is out there in incognito.

I do not think the Maitreya has revealed himself yet. Many fake ones for whatever reason are out there. It is said that he is out there in incognito.

First we must investigate deeply what a "Maitreya" is in our times, not fleetingly, but deeply. Secondly we must find these traits in a "Maitreya". Just as the Jews did not accept Jesus as their Messiah, you might not accept Maitreya. Neither Jesus nor Maitreya will punish you for that.
/Maitreya

so you are the real or one of the fake ones? :)
First we must investigate deeply what a "Maitreya" is in our times, not fleetingly, but deeply. Secondly we must find these traits in a "Maitreya". Just as the Jews did not accept Jesus as their Messiah, you might not accept Maitreya. Neither Jesus nor Maitreya will punish you for that.
/Maitreya

The traditional Buddhist notion of Maitreya, the future Buddha, an embodiment of universal compassion, is the he/she would not arrive until the dharma was no longer taught and available here on this plane. It's still being taught and judging from some of the comments I've seen you make here Maitreya, you might have a ways to go to meet that idealized standard. Earl

Namaste all,

according to the only sutra which talks about Maitreya, Maitreya is currently residing in the Tustia Heaven and not manifest on earth. over the years there have been many claims by people to be Maitreya from L. Ron Hubbard to Muhammad (pbuh) and none of them are correct. still, since there is only one sutra related to this it's not nearly as important as, say, understanding Karma or Vipaka.

metta,

~v

I think I read that the documents about Maitreya is from an unknown source, I wonder if that is true?

The traditional Buddhist notion of Maitreya, the future Buddha, an embodiment of universal compassion, is the he/she would not arrive until the dharma was no longer taught and available here on this plane. It's still being taught and judging from some of the comments I've seen you make here Maitreya, you might have a ways to go to meet that idealized standard. Earl
If you believe that then I will not be Maitreya for you, then you will be a Buddhist who believes int the traditional Buddhist notion of Maitreya. Just knowing about Maitreya, meditating regurlarly is then a very very good thing.
Look deeply, not fleetingly and you might find the truth! ;-)
/Maitreya

Namaste all,

according to the only sutra which talks about Maitreya, Maitreya is currently residing in the Tustia Heaven and not manifest on earth. over the years there have been many claims by people to be Maitreya from L. Ron Hubbard to Muhammad (pbuh) and none of them are correct. still, since there is only one sutra related to this it's not nearly as important as, say, understanding Karma or Vipaka.

metta,

~v
I reside in Tuṣita through meditation. There you can meet me if you practice meditation. So far I have not really manifested much on earth. I disagree that L. Ron Hubbard or Muhammad were Maitreya. Spiritual knowledge should of course be free. that is how Buddha, Jesus and I spread it. How someone can believe that they were Maitreya I find ... hmm... "interesting" considering their actions.

Attention on the intention and your actions in every moment!

Back