Memory of Harold Collis Featherstone....

arthra

Baha'i
Reaction score
Back in the early seventies my wife and I attended the Southern California Baha'i School in Idyllwild California and there was a special guest at the school named Harold Collis Featherstone an Australian...He was a Hand of the Cause of God appointed by Shoghi Effendi the Guardian of the Cause back in 1957..this was a special honor conferred upon him. Collis travelled around the countries of the Pacific Ocean teaching the Baha'i Cause. You can read more about him at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collis_Featherstone

Anyway back to my initial story... One of those present was a special Baha'i I knew who used to live in San Bernardino, Ca. Her name was Ruby Soto and she was totally blind. She could read and type Braille. Amazingly she had been elected Secretary of the Local Spiritual Assembly of San Bernardino...

Collis used to tell of some of his many travels teaching the Cause.. One evening Ruby who also played the violin picked up the instrument and played "Walzing Matilda" for Collis and his wife Madge... People were amazed and there was not a dry eye in that gathering.

Back