What Do you know about Al Jehad in Islam?

Friend

In the Name of God
Reaction score
Islam is a religion which is based upon achieving peace through the submission to the will of Allah. Thus, by this very simple linguistic definition, one can ascertain as to what the nature of Islam is.

If Islam is based on the notion of peace, then how is it that so many acts done by its adherents are contrary to peace? The answer is simple. Such actions, if not sanctioned by the religion, have no place with it. They are not Islamic and should not be thought of as Islamic.

the meaning of jihad, as a 'holy war', is something which is totally foreign and not from Islam. It was terms like this which were used to justify the slaughter and pillage of towns and cities during the crusades by the Christians. By simply looking into the sources of Islam, one is able to know that the true meaning of jihad is to strive/make effort in the way of Allah. Thus striving in the way of Allah can be both peaceful and physical. The Prophet Muhammed (saws) said:

"The best jihad is (by) the one who strives against his own self for Allah, The Mighty and Majestic"

In the Qur'an, Allah also says:

"So obey not the disbelievers, but make a great jihad (effort) against them (by preaching) with it (the Qur'an)"
(Surah Al-Furqan 25:52)

By controlling and fighting against ones desires, the Muslims can then also physically exert themselves in the path of Allah. It is this physical jihad which receives so much criticism. Because of the sheer ignorance, of this type of jihad Islam is regarded as terror, and Muslims are regarded as terrorists.

There are another type of Jehad which came from the same idea that people must fight for peace which is combative jihad being both defensive and offensive, it is something which is commanded by Allah upon the Muslims. Through this command the oppressed and weak are rescued from the tyranny of the world:

"And what is the matter with you that you do not fight in the cause of Allah and for those weak, ill treated and oppressed among men, women and children whose only cry is; 'Our Lord, rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors and raise for us from you one who will protect and raise for us from you one who will help"
(Surah An-Nisa 4:75)

Anyone who knows the early history of Islam, will know that all those nations and empires which came under the fold of Islam were indeed previously oppressed. When the companions of the Prophet Muhammed (saws) went out for the offensive jihad against the Egyptians, the Persians and the Romans, we find that the people did not resist against them at all.

We should know that the first call for Jehad in Islam came when they were tortured and suffered by the autocracy of Macca people (Mushrekeen) many years ,they didn’t resist these conditions because they thought that Allah wouldn’t give them the permeation to fight. But Allah give them the permeation to defense themselves and to help other suffering people .

Hello Friend

Thanks for the clarification because it was a question of mine in regards to your faith. There are many who claim to be Christian who do evil in the name of God and its horrible because now Christians are looked to be closed minded judgemental greedy hypocritical hateful and unforgiving. Which is the opposite of what the word of God teaches.

My original question is if its true that the extremist muslim hate us (Christians and US) because we worship the Holy Spirit and its against their teachings? They feel we are blaspheming God?

Faithful Servant

Faithfulservant said:
Hello Friend
Faithfulservant said:

Thanks for the clarification because it was a question of mine in regards to your faith. There are many who claim to be Christian who do evil in the name of God and its horrible because now Christians are looked to be closed minded judgemental greedy hypocritical hateful and unforgiving. Which is the opposite of what the word of God teaches.

My original question is if its true that the extremist muslim hate us (Christians and US) because we worship the Holy Spirit and its against their teachings? They feel we are blaspheming God?

Faithful Servant

Faithfulservant ,to answer your question I must explain what Islam told us about this Issue ,Allah said in his noble book : "O you who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well- acquainted with all that you do" (4: 135).

So my dear brother, the Muslims cannot act unjustly against anybody according to the Qur'an, even when there is hatred and enmity. If wrong has been done by Muslims, they were violating Allah's commands in the Qur'an. So please understand that Muslims do not want to kill Christians or anybody. They are allowed to fight only for self defence as the last resort. Only when their existence as Muslims is threatened can they fight. Just as you have every right to defend your beliefs we too have our right to defend our beliefs. We don't want to impose our beliefs on you especially because the Qur'an says:
" There is no compulsion in religion; Truth stands out clear from Error" (2: 256).

And Allah said in the Qur'an "and the nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant." (5: 82).

This means that of all religious groups, it is Christians whom we as Muslims should take as nearest to you; because, among them we will find ascetics and very humble and pious people.
God says in the Qur'an that of all the women of the whole world, the most honored is Mary the Mother of Jesus. And what is more, there is a whole chapter in her name: Surah Maryam or Chapter Mary. The Qur'an mentions all the miracles of Christ mentioned in the Bible except the turning of water into wine. The Qur'an calls Jesus a Servant of God, a Messenger of God, a Word from God, and a Sign for Mankind.

"Let there be no violence in religion", and "Fight against the unbelievers until they cease persecuting you, but if they desist, then let there be no hostility." These Qur'anic words were taken to heart when the Arab-Muslims occupied the Iberian Peninsula and formed their state which they called Al-Andalus. The tolerance they showed their former enemies had little equal in the history of conquerors.

No more than 10,000 strong, the first Muslims who made Spain their home never felt that the other monotheistic religions were mortal enemies. They considered the Jews and Christians as 'People of the Book' and to have the same message as Muslims. Instead of unity based on one religion, they built a society where all religious faiths shared a common life.

The tolerance of the Muslims, nurtured by the spirit of Islam, turned Al-Andalus into the top cultural centre on European soil. In the ensuing centuries it became a bridge between the Islamic East and the Christian West, bringing all the accumulated knowledge of mankind up to that period into the emerging nations of Christendom, setting them off on the road to progress and advancement.

Through the centuries, many important positions, including the highest offices under Muslim rulers, were held by Christians and Jews. In spite of the fact that in the remainder of Europe non-Christian faiths were, in the main, not accepted, the Muslims of Al-Andalus remained faithful to a policy of scrupulous tolerance.

Discussing the unparalleled tolerance shown for Jews by the Spanish Arabs in the 10th century under the rule of Abd al-Rahaman III, Elmer Bendiner in his book The Rise and Fall of Paradise writes:

"There was thus no pressure on Jews in tenth-century Andalusia to retire into a ghetto. There were no laws and scarcely any customs that confined Jews to any place or occupation. When their gates were shut they were the ones who shut them."

The Answer
After that we should no that Islam call for the peace and reject the violence ,and those extremist muslims depend on the idea of self defence in Islam, they think that the west countries specially USA after the II Gulf War came to the land of Islam to change and intervene in Muslims Affairs ,also to take the wealth of their land ( the Oil )

Alsalaamu Alyckum​
It is important for all to know that Muslims cannot act unjustly against anybody according to the Qur'an, even when there is hatred and enmity. If wrong has been done by Muslims, they were violating Allah's commands in the Qur'an. So please understand that Muslims do not want to kill Christians or anybody. They are allowed to fight only for self defence as the last resort. Only when their existence as Muslims is threatened can they fight. Just as you have every right to defend your beliefs we too have our right to defend our beliefs. We don't want to impose our beliefs on you especially because the Qur'an says:​
" There is no compulsion in religion; Truth stands out clear from Error" (2: 256).​
Here, from the Qur'an itself, which we have faith was literally dictated by God, through the angel Gabriel, to Muhammad: "Those who believe in the Qur'an. Those who follow the Jewish Scriptures, and the Sabians and the Christians-- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." (5.69)
We accept Jews and Christians as believers and accept that there are hanifs: legitimate monotheists outside of a tradition. We consider Abraham to be hanif.
The opening of the Qur'an is considered to contain its essence:
In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful...

Glory to God! Lord of the worlds!​
The Compassionate, the Merciful.​
Master of the Day of Judgment!​
You alone we worship,​
You alone we turn to for help.​
Guide us to the straight path,​
the path of those whom You have favored,​
not that of those with whom You are angry,​
nor of those who have gone astray.​
Muslims2 pray this at least 17 times a day!
It is a common complaint among some non-Muslims that Islam would not have millions of adherents all over the world, if it had not been spread by the use of force. The following points will make it clear, that far from being spread by the sword, it was the inherent force of truth, reason and logic that was responsible for the rapid spread of Islam.

1. Islam means peace. Islam comes from the root word ‘salaam’, which means peace. It also means submitting one’s will to Allah (swt). Thus Islam is a religion of peace, which is acquired by submitting one’s will to the will of the Supreme Creator, Allah (swt).​
2. Sometimes force has to be used to maintain peace. Each and every human being in this world is not in favour of maintaining peace and harmony. There are many, who would disrupt it for their own vested interests. Sometimes force has to be used to maintain peace. It is precisely for this reason that we have the police who use force against criminals and anti-social elements to maintain peace in the country. Islam promotes peace. At the same time, Islam exhorts it followers to fight where there is oppression. The fight against oppression may, at times, require the use of force. In Islam force can only be used to promote peace and justice.​
3. Opinion of historian De Lacy O’Leary. The best reply to the misconception that Islam was spread by the sword is given by the noted historian De Lacy O’Leary in the book "Islam at the cross road" (Page 8):​
"History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myth that historians have ever repeated."​
4.Muslims ruled Spain for about 800 years. The Muslims in Spain never used the sword to force the people to convert. Later the Christian Crusaders came to Spain and wiped out the Muslims. There was not a single Muslim in Spain who could openly give the adhan, that is the call for prayers.​
5. 14 million Arabs are Coptic Christians. Muslims were the lords of Arabia for 1400 years. For a few years the British ruled, and for a few years the French ruled. Overall, the Muslims ruled Arabia for 1400 years. Yet today, there are 14 million Arabs who are Coptic Christians i.e. Christians since generations. If the Muslims had used the sword there would not have been a single Arab who would have remained a Christian.​
6. More than 80% non-Muslims in India. The Muslims ruled India for about a thousand years. If they wanted, they had the power of converting each and every non-Muslim of India to Islam. Today more than 80% of the population of India are non-Muslims. All these non-Muslim Indians are bearing witness today that Islam was not spread by the sword.​
7. Indonesia is a country that has the maximum number of Muslims in the world. The majority of people in Malaysia are Muslims. May one ask, "Which Muslim army went to Indonesia and Malaysia?"​
8. East Coast of Africa. Similarly, Islam has spread rapidly on the East Coast of Africa. One may again ask, if Islam was spread by the sword, "Which Muslim army went to the East Coast of Africa?"​
9. Thomas Carlyle. The famous historian, Thomas Carlyle, in his book "Heroes and Hero worship", refers to this misconception about the spread of Islam: "The sword indeed, but where will you get your sword? Every new opinion, at its starting is precisely in a minority of one. In one man’s head alone. There it dwells as yet. One man alone of the whole world believes it, there is one man against all men. That he takes a sword and try to propagate with that, will do little for him. You must get your sword! On the whole, a thing will propagate itself as it can."​
10. No compulsion in religion. With which sword was Islam spread? Even if Muslims had it they could not use it to spread Islam because the Qur’an says in the following verse: "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error" [Al-Qur’an 2:256]​
11. Sword of the Intellect. It is the sword of intellect. The sword that conquers the hearts and minds of people. The Qur’an says in Surah Nahl, chapter 16 verse 125: "Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious." [Al-Qur’an 16:125]​
12. Increase in the world religions from 1934 to 1984. An article in Reader’s Digest ‘Almanac’, year book 1986, gave the statistics of the increase of percentage of the major religions of the world in half a century from 1934 to 1984. This article also appeared in ‘The Plain Truth’ magazine. At the top was Islam, which increased by 235%, and Christianity had increased only by 47%. May one ask, which war took place in this century which converted millions of people to Islam?​
13. Islam is the fastest growing religion in America and Europe. Today the fastest growing religion in America is Islam. The fastest growing religion in Europe in Islam. Which sword is forcing people in the West to accept Islam in such large numbers?.​
Thanks to all​

Friend

I understand what you say and I accept it with all respect. I think the only difference is that Christ teaches ZERO violence.. if an enemy strikes your cheek give him the other. We are taught to love our enemies as God loves us. It is easy to love our friends and family.. how does that edify God? If we love our enemies as God loves us with 'agape' love we would never strike them no matter the offense.

This is interesting to me

"Islam is the fastest growing religion in America and Europe. Today the fastest growing religion in America is Islam. The fastest growing religion in Europe in Islam. Which sword is forcing people in the West to accept Islam in such large numbers?."

I would like to see the documentation on this for personal reasons if you could provide it.

Also, the extremist muslims have stated that they feel that the USA is threatening their existance as muslims. Does this justify the acts of terrorism being commited on innocent people in the eyes of the Islamic nation? Do they consider it an act of war that our christian missionaries are actively converting muslims to christianity?

I understand that its hard for you to answer these questions because you dont believe what they believe. I am seeking to learn more about them so I can forgive them in my heart.

If you were to ask me "why would your fellow christians bomb abortion clinics?" I would also simply tell you that they were not true followers of Christ and I would be angry at these people for showing the wrong example of a christian. No true Christian would do something like that. But these extemist muslims are actively converting ppl to Islam to further their terrorist acts on the people of my faith and the people of my country. This is hard for me. I would never harm a muslim. But they would harm me.

Faithful Servant

Faithfulservant said:
Friend

Also, the extremist muslims have stated that they feel that the USA is threatening their existance as muslims. Does this justify the acts of terrorism being commited on innocent people in the eyes of the Islamic nation? Do they consider it an act of war that our christian missionaries are actively converting muslims to christianity?

I understand that its hard for you to answer these questions because you dont believe what they believe. I am seeking to learn more about them so I can forgive them in my heart.

If you were to ask me "why would your fellow christians bomb abortion clinics?" I would also simply tell you that they were not true followers of Christ and I would be angry at these people for showing the wrong example of a christian. No true Christian would do something like that. But these extemist muslims are actively converting ppl to Islam to further their terrorist acts on the people of my faith and the people of my country. This is hard for me. I would never harm a muslim. But they would harm me.

Faithful Servant
Faithfulservant nothing justify the acts of terrorism at all, and you must know, who support the extremist Muslims movement? .when ?.where ?

at the time of the cold war between USA and United of Soviet ,American political system support extremist Muslims movement in many Muslims countries to fight Soviet in Afghanistan and they made training camp for them under the sponsorship of CIA ,after they finished their task American system had decided to get red of them ,but when the time is over .

Islamic countries caution about this issue early ,but USA didn't take any reaction before 11 September .

USA want to transmit it's life system and it's belief to other countries by force ,so this may rejected by many people. I think mostly, it is political reasons not religious that lead to extremism inside the Islamic countries and outside them .

Friend

As an American I can say that I do not agree with some of the decisions that my country makes in foreign matters. I would not want the job that they have. It seems to me that they make decisions on the moment and they dont think of consequences later on. I DO support my country and will stand by any decision they make and practice my right to vote for those who lead my government. I think that everybody in this world should have that right. Most Americans think that everybody should have that right. We feel the pain of people oppressed and repressed. That they cannot make choices for themselves. Many do not believe that this is done by force. But that is another discussion.

Faithful Servant

Dear Friend

With hand on my heart, GOD never commands anyone to hurt another no matter what the other has done.

If everyone puts down their guns there is no oppressor, if everyone one does not seek power to control, there is no oppressed.

When this is a reality, then the Kingdom of GOD will indeed be on earth and peace will reign.

Amen

Praise be to Allah the most gracious and compassionate,

may all that seek the Grace of GOD indeed find it.

Through love, in love, being love

Sacredstar

Sacredstar

Sacredstar said:
Dear Friend

With hand on my heart, GOD never commands anyone to hurt another no matter what the other has done.

If everyone puts down their guns there is no oppressor, if everyone one does not seek power to control, there is no oppressed.

When this is a reality, then the Kingdom of GOD will indeed be on earth and peace will reign.

Amen

Praise be to Allah the most gracious and compassionate,

may all that seek the Grace of GOD indeed find it.

Through love, in love, being love

Sacredstar
Yes in a perfect world where God is in everyones heart.. there would be no oppression or guns or violence. Unfortunately that is not the case. It saddens my heart. If God were the one in control this world would be a far different place and I pray that the day comes quickly when his promised Kingdom is established for us. Amen

Faithful Servant

Excuse my English if i mistake spellings ;) I'm Soooo Proudly A 21 Forgivness seeking Muslim, Thank you God for guiding me after Living in the darkness and after getting lost in how The West Thinks and how i was confused about my life after coming to canada by what people think is happyness and after never finding or founding Happyness in any Paths Without you.
Click this link to watch this movie about this issue you guys are talking about :
http://www.harunyahya.com/m_video_detail.php?api_id=1162

This film, produced by the Science Research Foundation, a Harun Yahya institution, presents the Muslim response to and denunciation of terrorism. Beginning with the event of September 11, the film explains that all kinds of violence against civilians are crimes against humanity and grave sins in religious terms. It is also stressed that terrorism is an inherent feature of secular ideologies like communism, fascism and racism. In contrast, all theistic religions - Islam, Christianity and Judaism - are opposed to terrorism and their ultimate goal is to bring peace and brotherhood to mankind.

Everyone Arguing about this issue and Wants to find an answer, i recommend you downloading this Movie,!!!!Sob7an Allah(How Strange-I recall God), God Gave Us Minds So We Can Search And Drill For the truth Even if it was hard to Achieve or find, and Whoever wants something must work for it, and what i'm working and will be working for (I.S.A) is Just to make Allah Proud & Well-Pleased of me that i was such the Material and the example of how the human can be neither the reason of Earth's destruction nor A blood-Shedding Creature, Unlike What Angels And Satan Thought About The Human when they first saw him created and when they're commanded to bow for him Except satan thought that he's better...etc(Human History)Begins....
Well Satan Isn't and wasn't Neither Better nor More Powerful Than Us !
And He's Not Gonna be the obsticle in our way Reaching Paradise Where all whom We loved i'll hope to see there.
There is no forcing in Peacing-Aka-Islam,
The Messanger Has To ONLY-Deliver the Message...Thank You for Raising My Good Deeds& 4 no other benifit except clearifing what my religon(Happy-life,LIFE-SYSTEM) really is(Allah knows better)...I Hope God Forgives Us All Except Criminals.

muslims dotn promote violence or ahte for anyone,christian or jews,as someone mentioned christians before...i do apologise if people think we do promote hatred,and also apologise for the people taht portray this image.if a true muslim is what you think you see on the tele or in the news spreading hatred, then my friend you are wrong.i personally as a new muslim domnt really know how to be a good muslim,we dont see any...not taht im disrespecting people,there are many good muslims out there,but the best muslims are the prophets, the prophet s.a.w and the sahabah,as they show us what islam is, dont view islam bt what you see evryday,by stereotypes,but look at the lives of our ummah,i do agree it is my responsibility as a muslim to try and show what islam is,if i can, and i hopefully wiwll become strong to show islam in life,but plz dont say we ahte you as we think you blaspheme God,this is rong and in my view feels as though you disrespect my beleifs

Friend

I understand what you say and I accept it with all respect. I think the only difference is that Christ teaches ZERO violence.. if an enemy strikes your cheek give him the other. We are taught to love our enemies as God loves us. It is easy to love our friends and family.. how does that edify God? If we love our enemies as God loves us with 'agape' love we would never strike them no matter the offense.

"Islam is the fastest growing religion in America and Europe. Today the fastest growing religion in America is Islam. The fastest growing religion in Europe in Islam. Which sword is forcing people in the West to accept Islam in such large numbers?."

I would like to see the documentation on this for personal reasons if you could provide it.

Faithful Servant

3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 3:5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 3:6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

(King James Bible, Ecclesiastes)

Back