Do you know where you will spend eternity?

• Thread starter JacquelineDeane55
  • Start date
J

JacquelineDeane55

Where do you think you would spend eternity if you were to die later today?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I ended up seeing arch angel michael , glancing thru my permanent record.... Yo, its been a long time since my last confessional (never). But since this is belief and spirituality ams not.Christianity...that is cool.

Now if I were to stand judged before Allah, according the Quran I'd have issues there as well, the five pillars are quite awesome. And odds are I'd be better of.if I had (followed.them)

But heck, a great opportunity to discuss how each of.our.religions has a final accounting.at the end of.life (if.they.do)

As far as I can see this would be the beginning of.an acceptable discussion regarding the nuances within Christianity in the Christianity forum....

Or...

It could stay where it is and believers of all religions could express their views of the end of life conditions... Is there a toll booth, levels of afterlife, or rebirth, reincarnation, nothingness, etc.

As far as I can see this would be the beginning of.an acceptable discussion regarding the nuances within Christianity in the Christianity forum....

Or...

It could stay where it is and believers of all religions could express their views of the end of life conditions... Is there a toll booth, levels of afterlife, or rebirth, reincarnation, nothingness, etc.
Let's hope it turns into that, although I'm skeptical. I think this is much more soap boxy though.

Where to spend eternity if I were to die today! In Sheol which is called the grave according to the Tanach and Logic. If you want an evidence for what I am saying, take a look at Psalm 49:12,20.

In the mansion (cf John 14:2) prepared for me ... hopefully not too hot ... :rolleyes:

In Sheol aka the grave. Evidence for what I have said is to be found in Psalm 49:12,20. I not only believe but also I am sure of this as a fact because I trust the truth of the Tanakh aka the Word of HaShem which says that all those who pass away are taken to the eternal home of the dead. Hence, eternity in the grave. King David was so much of the same opinion that he said: We will eventually join the dead but the dead will never return to join the living.

Maran guape, Is there such a thing as "Now"? Is there "Now"?

Is "Now" an imaginary concept, of the mind? Is "Now" a subjective thing?

I think that "Now" is an absolute. I think that "my thinking" is a subjective event.

Does a 'Now' stand in contra-distinction to subjective POVs?

Is there "Now"?

IMO, below are all examples of sophism born of poetic fluster. Flowery words of subjective musings, imo.
[It took me a while to gather these together]

Google findings:

Eternalism (philosophy of time) - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternalism_(philosophy_of_time)
Eternalism is a philosophical approach to the ontological nature of time, which takes the view ... The past and future do not exist and are only concepts used to describe the .... But if the Eternalism is correct, there is no such property as being over or no longer happening now—it continues to exist timelessly, alongside eternal, ...

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
The fact that we see many things happening now is an illusion, a blurring of time perception. ... After all, if the present is a moment in time without duration, it can't exist. What does exist is the recent memory of the immediate past and the expectation of the near future.

A new theory claims that time does not move forward, but rather, ... times is not possible, as we are now in a different part of space-time.

I don't even know how I thought of this as all I'm doing is trying to listen to some music, but it just occurred to me that ' NOW ' does no...

Because we are not aware that time does not exist, we do not feel the need to focus on the now in which our life takes place. However, it would have been much ...

Does time exist, or is it a figment of our imagination? ... When the future comes about it doesso now and is directly related to how we focus our ...

In the sense you likely mean "exist," the present, now, has more reality than the past. The past can only be inferred from the state of things in the present...

What goes on when you see something, say, this book you are reading? Leaving aside the whole business of how the brain processes visual ...

Rocking it in the next form of existence whatever it may be, and since there are machines that can pick up energies from people who have already passed on I'm pretty sure there's another one waiting for me. I grew up within the Baha'i Faith, and we don't have a Hell, merely if one does malicious things in life after they pass on they are 'farther away from God'.

nothing dies everything is recycled,atoms are eternal apparently
You are not a body w/mind, intell, ego ---you are spirit-soul. Your soul is your own personal Point-of-view address. Your address may change many many time in the process known as samsara, but the individual self that you are cannot change into anything. The self's soul can only hide behind atoms or it can seek the supreme absolute personage of Godhead.

all we have is experience,the stories about experience, arn't true,eg:are YOU hearing,are YOU thinking,are YOU tasteing ect.The YOU (ego) is an illusion

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone ever experienced a body/mind soul,spirit,atoms awareness,consciousness,self,godhead.?

(some rhetorical thoughts reading this thread)

Hmm...are we not already spending time in eternity, our lifetime being but a small interval?
If there is such a thing as 'an absolute Truth'(Godhead) surely now is the time to seek/yearn it.
Why would being dead necessarily guarantee anything?

Has anyone ever experienced a body/mind soul,spirit,atoms awareness,consciousness,self,godhead.?
Yes. The following is instructions for you, so that you will find that one person:

Travel and meet everyone yourself and inquire from each person.

Before commencing, plan out your route.

Let us hope destiny shortens your trip.

Too bad if you neglect to make this simply check.

In my belief system the is no personal, or individual guarantee of Paradise, however the Believers are encouraged to be hopeful - not despairing - of Allah's Mercy-Compassion.

The Sufi Sister Rabi'a bint Basra taught that we should not worship Allah because of a desire for Heaven or because of a fear of Hell, but because of a yearning desire to please and be with The One we love.

I am of the opinion when one dies one stays dead, I hope that is the case. Heaven with the ghastly Biblical god in charge is not somewhere I would wish to inhabit, and hell doesn't sound great either.

Back