All Earthly Creatures

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
A sperm whale found dead on a Scottish beach had 220# of literal garbage in its stomach, probably contributing to its death. On the other side of "the pond", PA Game Control is looking for at least two boys for torturing a buck (including ripping off his antlers while he was still alive.) :mad:

I won't attach the articles due to the content, but one can find both online, if desired. :kitty:s are available for "therapy".

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
Two animals died in two separate, but similar, incidents.

First, a coyote grabbed a young child and the child's father literally strangled the coyote with his bare hands.

Second, a mountain lion attacked a toddler, grabbing his backpack. The big cat ended up "humanely euthanized" after s/he was treed with the backpack.

I won't link the articles due to the nature of both attacks. :(

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
I can see both sides of this "discussion", but I agree about the banning of all pets in the airplane cabins. Only legitimate service animals and/or legitimate service animals-in-training should be allowed, with a permanent blacklisting of the passenger/s who pass their pets off as service animals as well as the removal of sites/"companies" that sell fake service animal vests online.

This was the article that sparked my diatribe: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/us-seeks-tighten-rules-covering-161059718.html

I can take an antihistamine: some people actually need to have a dog with them 24/7 due to legitimate medical reasons.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but two cats in New York were diagnosed with Covid-19 earlier this month (one caught it from their human companion, the other had a Covid-19 case of "unknown origin" [nobody in their household tested positive for the virus].)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Reaction score
This was originally posted last month (Pride Month):

oh-lord-he-supporting-cat-carrying-a-rainbow-pride-flag-in-its-mouth

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Miken

Reaction score
Just found out that Petco is removing "shock collars" from their stores, both brick-and-mortar and online! Here's more information: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/business/petco-shock-collars/index.html

I'm not sure if anyone here is interested in this, though... :oops:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
I am interested. I am too old and 'decrepit' to be able to walk a dog long distances anymore. :( But when I had them, I never used a shock collar or any physical punishment. I always thought that bark activated shock collars were ridiculous. Dogs bark for a reason. Find out what the reason is. Human activated ones are even worse. The dog has no idea why it is being shocked. If she is doing something unacceptable, a sharp NO to get her attention, and a explanation, with pointing and head patting, of what not to do works.