First local House of worship rises in Columbia...

arthra

Baha'i
Reaction score
This will be the first House of Worship built for a village. Previous Houses of Worship were built for continents.

1222_00.jpg

Community galvanized as Temple’s construction proceeds
16 November 2017

AGUA AZUL, Colombia — "The local Baha’i House of Worship in Norte del Cauca is rising out of the land, clearly visible to the village that has been awaiting its arrival.

"Christina Mosquera’s daily bus route from Santander de Quilichao to Puerto Tejada passes through Agua Azul and by the Temple site. Often she hears the route’s travelers, many from neighboring villages, wondering about the edifice under construction. “They ask whether it is a hospital, a recreation center, or a school,” said Ms. Mosquera, a Baha’i from the region who has been involved with the work of the reforestation project on the Temple land.

See the article accompanied by a video:

Community galvanized as Temple’s construction proceeds | Bahá’í World News Service (BWNS)

Up dates o n the construction of the local House of Worship in Columbia!

1240_00.jpg

AGUA AZUL, Colombia — In Norte del Cauca, the local Baha’i House of Worship is rising from the land. As each day passes, its shape becomes more distinct, signaling the near completion of this highly-anticipated development for the region.

Significant progress has been made on the construction of the central edifice in recent weeks. The main structural components have been completed, work has begun on the flooring and wall finishes, and the placement of roof tiles has started.

Read more at
Colombia Temple rises | Bahá’í World News Service (BWNS)

I thought I would post an update on the local Baha'i House of Worship opening in Colombia:

1277_00.jpg

More than 300 people – the majority of whom live a short walk from the Temple – participated in a special gathering to visit the Temple for the first time. Sunday’s gathering, called “My First Visit to the Baha’i House of Worship,” was held in the afterglow of 22 July’s historic dedication ceremony and included many of its elements such as the reading of a letter of the Universal House of Justice about the dedication, talks by a local mayor and the Temple’s architect, as well as musical and dance performances. “My First Visit” programs are scheduled for the following three weeks, allowing more people from local communities to participate in the Norte del Cauca Temple’s historic opening.

Read more at

http://news.bahai.org/story/1277/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+bwns/rss+(Bahá’í+World+News+Service+(BWNS))

Sunday’s daybreak saw more than 1,000 people gather to celebrate a historic moment as Colombia’s first Baha’i House of Worship opened its doors to all.

Gathered in the shadow of the Temple, attendees awaited their visits to the interior of the central edifice as a spirit of joy and eager anticipation filled the air. The opening of the Temple marks a new stage in the unfoldment of the Baha’i Faith in Norte del Cauca, where the Faith has had roots for more than four decades.

“We can hardly bear the great joy we feel knowing that we now have a House of Worship here,” said Carmen Rodriguez, from the nearby town of Villa Rica, reflecting on the significance of the moment.

Participants sit inside the House of Worship for its first devotional program.

Buses arrived shortly after dawn with people filing to a large tent where the ceremony was held. Following opening presentations, the participants walked to the central edifice for prayers.

“I believe that the House of Worship is a very important spot for not only Norte del Cauca but also the whole region,” says Hender Martínez, from the nearby town of Santander de Quilichao. “The atmosphere inside the Temple is something totally unique. You feel tranquility and peace.”

Two girls from the Caribbean coast of Colombia smile during the dedication ceremony.

Read more at

http://bahaiteachings.org/colombia-...114009721&mc_cid=fb929b009b&mc_eid=9c8d69248e

Back