What does your belief

D

Deborah.S.Urbanski

2 questions

What does your belief do for you?

What does your belief ask of you?

I'm talking on a daily basis. Or weekly if your holyday requires more of you.

I'm talking tangible and intangible, hear and now.

Say, maybe your belief makes you more caring....you think more likely to help the next homeless person you see, or more likely to donate to the next cause, or pay it forward at the toll booth or Starbucks...

Or maybe you feel your belief causes you to donate time at the hospital, or help a friend in need.

What is it you think, say, do, differently because of your belief?

The flip side, what does it cost? Could be donations to the offering plate, minutes or hours in prayer, minutes or hours in scripture study, or classes...or things you gave up, drinking, fraternizing, dancing, etc.

Just a contemplation... The other answers could be "my lack of belief...

What does my belief give me? Surprises, amazement, humility.

What does it ask of me? Commitment to train or practice myself to do good by my fellow beings, to show an interest in what's going on around and within me, and to be relaxed about it all.

My belief is that when I was down and cried for help, God was there, so now when my belly is more full, I should never forget

My belief gives me faith and confidence that everything will turn out OK.
Yes. But it's for my soul? God does help me with the stuff in this world too. Very much. Every day. Where it doesn't conflict. But it's my soul progress that God cares most about? Imo

Last edited:
Yes. But it's for my soul? God does help me with the stuff in this world too. Very much. Every day. Where it doesn't conflict. But it's my soul progress that God cares most about? Imo
Seems you twice were making statements with question marks...

But makes me think.....G!d is an orthoughtic

Reactions: RJM
Seems you twice were making statements with question marks...

But makes me think.....G!d is an orthoughtic
Well I believe that only once one's PhD thesis has been accepted and the title of 'Doctor' awarded is one entitled to make statements as pronouncements.

Until then one is only permitted to suggest propositions, which must be backed up by references.

So ...

Glad you're ok, worry when you disappear off the boards for longer than a day or two.

Now to Google up 'orthoughtic'

EDIT: nought on Google ...

Interesting, never heard of such a thing.

So in this world I hope convention also says if the Doc didn't study it he has to use ? marks!

Frankly thou, the concept appalls me.

I phrased my reply as questions, rather than pronouncements. Inviting discussion. Instead of laying down the law.

Which is why my careful use of question marks and IMO's.

So: what did I actually say?

Would you respond to that?

(edited)

Last edited:
I'd agree sort of, I just am not used to a question being an opinion. The concept is foreign to me.

As for G!d being concerned with my soul.growth... I believe in G!d as principle...so soul.growth is part, but active concern is not?

Ok. I understand what you mean about the question marks. Thanks. I'll try to stop doing that, lol.

God is personal for me. God answers prayer.

Last edited:
Back