Any Freemasons around?

My grandpa, couple uncles, my dad for a bit, grammar was NY grandpoobah eastern star as was a girlfriend decades ago...

Me? Been approached half a dozen times over the years (none family related, all business acquaintance).

But never pursued.

My grandpa, couple uncles, my dad for a bit, grammar was NY grandpoobah eastern star as was a girlfriend decades ago...

Me? Been approached half a dozen times over the years (none family related, all business acquaintance).

But never pursued.
Were you ever tempted or just never interested?

Reactions: wil
I've got my dad and grampa's apron, my dads bible. A bunch of cuff links and pins, and over the years used to look thru and contemplate it. I've performed at some old temples/lodges and we would pull down the stage fly's and imagine the ceremonies for the various backdrops.

But you guys know me and pomp and circumstance and bowing to authority.... I never fully considered it because I didn't want my actions to reflect badly on those that brought me aboard.

But you guys know me and pomp and circumstance and bowing to authority.... I never fully considered it because I didn't want my actions to reflect badly on those that brought me aboard.
Unfamiliar with the realities of masonic ceremonies and hierarchies, but still trying to imagine you in such a setting, I had to smile.

Lol, same reason I didn't join the service...almost did but the thought of not being able to say 'take this job and shove it!' Was just way to much for me.

Masonic Initiation Well, Illuminati, of the Quinta da Regaleira, Sintra, Portugal.

PS. not a mason, just FYI

Last edited:
Masonic Initiation Well, Illuminati, of the Quinta da Regaleira, Sintra, Portugal.

PS. not a mason, just FYI

The lodge is not a place but the people being made up of the Worshipful Master, Senior and Junior Wardens and the secretary. There are other stations but those are needed, I've seen native Masonic lodges in the trees, with no building. Its out in the open. In past times rooms were rented and the work drawn on the floor in chalk and washed away after.

Back