What is your worldview?

KnowSelf

Reaction score
I believe all things were and still are created by God. I believe Jesus' death and resurrection make it possible through believers faith to be cleansed of sin and reconciled unto God. Prior to my salvation from sin, I was not worthy to live in God's presence. However, through faith I believed Jesus died and resurrected on my behalf so I may know and depend on God for everything.

I believe God is with me, because God is who I am.

I have no God or gods.

I feel that the current fashion in science, to ignore consciousness for being subjective, when it is by means of consciousness that we can do science at all, is terribly limited, and a cause of shame for science.

I don't like religious or spiritual organizations.

Reactions: RJM
It's forward and upward, or downward and backward. Stagnation is dying. No standstill in nature?

Last edited:
I know what you mean, but you MUST have an origin? ;)
My parents were not deities, if that's what you mean. Nor their parents.

I know some religions have creator gods. There are also religions where the roles of deity and creator are separate, or which don't posit any creator but an endless, beginningless existence.

I don't believe in a creator either, except in the sense that we create some of the parameters of our own existence, if you want to call that creation.

Dogmatic worldview: The 12 articles of the Christian Creed.
Metaphysical worldview: The Song of Colossians (Colossians 1:15-20)

So, @muhammad_isa and @Arif Ghamiq, what about your worldviews?

My worldview stems from my experiences in life, which is a main factor for all, of course.
I became a Muslim in my 20's and have tried to act on my faith. That means that my worldview
is shaped very much by my understanding of scripture .. predominantly Qur'an

It is also shaped by where I live .. another common main factor for all of us.

I, like @KnowSelf , believe that the universe belongs to God i.e. He is responsible for all that we comprehend (God has no body or gender)
I think that mankind is in a unique era in our history, and the change that is round the corner is going to be catastrophic.
eg. climate change / energy crisis / limits to growth etc.
Jesus, peace be with him, is the Messiah who will return and be a beacon for all who sincerely believe in God.

..well, that's a brief introduction to my "worldview" :)

I view the world as a created revelation from an un-created Source - Allah.

I believe the Kawn (Cosmos) and/or Kaynunah (Existence) is a manifestation of the Command of Allah - Kun (Be/Is) - all these words from the same root, in Quran expressed in the phrase Kun fayakun (Be and it Is).

I believe that Consciousness is the result of an Effusion from the Nur Allah (Light of Allah) upon creation and that the continually maintained and unfolding creation is a process of universal Sha'eerah (Initiation) which awakens/raises the Shu'uriah (Consciousness) - same root.

I theorize that if the Collective Unconsciousness of Humanity were raised to an absolute Conscious level, entropy would cease to exist in our perceivable universe.

I believe Science, which includes Psychology, is helpful to and evidence of our awakening Consciousness.

To me, understanding the mechanics of creation (science) does not negate Creator - as it seems to do with so many.

I believe the Beauty of our individual and collective realities are expressed through us and to us in the experiences of joy, pain, happiness, sadness, success, failure, gain, loss, love, hate, hope, hopelessness, life, death and so on - each with its own truth & beauty to be valued.

@Arif peace be with you :)

An enlightening post .. May God reward you with good.
Perhaps my website at http://worcs.hopto.org/ says something about me..

It's one of my hobbies .. IT .. particularly system software.
Let's hope my old machine doesn't break down ;)

I don't buy into the whole end of ends of ends because the future is non-existent until it arrives. The only prevalence inn my book is the present and in the present exist God's presence. There is nothing more important to outside the presence of God. Don't get me wrong I plan for days I work for special occasions etc. The difference is my planning consists of repetitions associated with responsibilities. Planning for the end of world is futile, if by planning you believe somehow the end can be avoided.

My personal preferences are lots of fireworks

Resist entropy. 'Rage against the dying of the light.'

I looked up Dylan Thomas, over my head hill & dale, life is good as in searching hill & dale for no particular reason. Don't fret it's only my sense of humor

Reactions: RJM
I looked up Dylan Thomas, over my head hill & dale, life is good as in searching hill & dale for no particular reason. Don't fret it's only my sense of humor
Lol. I don't know if that really is my philosophy anyway. It was when I wrote it. If just popped out ...

Creator is big in the Baptist tradition , perhaps because God as creator made "us" has first dibs on us his creation. Or maybe as His creation he knows everything about His creation that being us the human race. The story of creation lays the foundation for Christ and Christianity. Makes a good argument if you believe in miracles.

People don't own God. These fundamentalist groups are nothing but clubs. Membership is comforting. That's all. It means nothing. Having an equation describing how the markings on a giraffe happen naturally by morphogenesis is not the answer to anything. Nor does flipping open a scripture to this page or that: knowing it so well.

People choose to be so limited. Thinking and reasoning is HARD. Many people actually just like to get off at an early stop: Ok, so that sounds fine to me, so that is what I will think/believe. Ok, that's good. That's all she wrote. Now on to the important stuff -- what's on TV ...

Last edited:
Back