The value of hugs.

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Excess hugs do not indicate bad intentions. But yes, I am aware some hug inappropriately and others judge hugs as inappropriate when intent is not there.

To be clear upon meeting someone I open my arms, if they simply stare they get a verbal greeting, if they offer a hand I shake it, if they enter my embrace I hug.

Hugs for close family and friends. Now where I struggle is the cheek kiss. That’s when I’ll give that person, man or woman, a bizarre looks since I don’t know the etiquette.

That's another whole thing. The double kiss, the cheek peck, the air kiss. And then there is the number of friends that kiss on the lips...not for 20 seconds though....again another whole thing.

It doesn't have to be a homo sapiens that hugs you to be therapeutic. Heck, :kitty: hugs are therapeutic, too (I should know because Tovarish loves to do that twice a day.) Canine hugs might work, too, but I wouldn't know firsthand.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

True for animal lovers there are bennies...heck folks now rent time with kitties and puppies. And dogs are taken to hospitals and nursing homes...

But in your house I believe. They've also shown them to be detrimental to sleep patterns

True for animal lovers there are bennies...heck folks now rent time with kitties and puppies. And dogs are taken to hospitals and nursing homes...

But in your house I believe. They've also shown them to be detrimental to sleep patterns

Only when they stick a rear paw betwixt my legs iykwim. :eek::D:cool:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

My friend fell asleep with his cat on his lap. After a minute of rapid-eye-movement sleep, the cat pounced with both front paws right on his eyes. Funniest thing I'd seen in a long time!

Love hugs! This whole situation with social distancing I believe has made us all miss that physical connection with people.

Love hugs! This whole situation with social distancing I believe has made us all miss that physical connection with people.
Viva la hug, we are back to connecting!

They say ya can't catch up on sleep...I hope we can catch up on hugs...my covid pod was not enough. But now that this stuff is endemic we are back.

None of those A frame hugs around here, body to body arms enveloped headed for oxytocin it is.

I said in another thread, hugging gay guys helped me separate sexuality from hugging. My current issue is hugging bare chested women especially when I am bare chested. My mission...spend more time at nudist colonies and get over it!

Viva la hug, we are back to connecting!

They say ya can't catch up on sleep...I hope we can catch up on hugs...my covid pod was not enough. But now that this stuff is endemic we are back.

None of those A frame hugs around here, body to body arms enveloped headed for oxytocin it is.

I said in another thread, hugging gay guys helped me separate sexuality from hugging. My current issue is hugging bare chested women especially when I am bare chested. My mission...spend more time at nudist colonies and get over it!
You get introverts and extroverts. Not everybody is the same. I'm quite happy to be left alone to get on with my own life, unless I step into someone else's life/space, or invite them to step into mine ...

Last edited:
You get introverts and extroverts. Not everybody is the same. I'm quite happy to be left alone to get on with my own life, unless I step into someone else's life/space, or invite them to step into mine ...
As I approach someone I open my arms and reach out my right hand.

If they open their arms and walk in hug it is...(to be continued)

If they reach for a handshake my hand turns into a fist for a fist bump or rotate the elbow for elbow bump...both spread less germs than a handshake and more than a hug. (And then shake the next hand and the next...ridiculous)

If they hug is it with stiff shoulders A frame? They get a softer hug, parting when they indicate.

If they go in close for an embrace, I reciprocate...and may ask if they want to go for oxytocin...luvs me a good hug.

The kisses are still muddy waters for me. I have friends where lips are normal, some euro types (my words) with double cheeks, others peck n run...air kisses are just weird.

But hugs and cuddles...all day.

It doesn't have to be a homo sapiens that hugs you to be therapeutic. Heck, :kitty: hugs are therapeutic, too (I should know because Tovarish loves to do that twice a day.) Canine hugs might work, too, but I wouldn't know firsthand.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
I'm always hugging my boy and kissing his furry head. Humans too, sometimes.

I'm there to hell and back you need me: but invite yourself socially kissing and hugging into my space ... I'm internal and unconcerned with social gestures

Back