What happens when a person dies?

KnowSelf

Reaction score
What happens when a person dies? I do not know for certain only what I have been told. Question, people think and perceive life differently, will this be a consideration for individual perception.

Well according to the interpretations of the Bible and Bhagavad Gita that I subscribe to, the body returns to the earth from which it was made and the soul continues on, ultimately returning to the father from which it came.
Pretty much how I read scripture and the native folks down here tell it.

It's kinda like suspended animation according to my understanding of the Quran.

Without a body the soul can't interact with reality, so it can't experience the passing of time.

Will the hereafter be a remnant of previous life? After death will we need a conscious to filter behavior

As all science and evidence seems to indicate and has been the understanding since time immemorial right until the pushback and extremism of the The Era of Enlightment which implicitly indoctrinates the idea that we are Biological Robots which only exist to be runned by our Robot brains and that once we die our screens go black just like a machine...: Extended consciousness state; Unified Field; Love; Light of God; Kingdom of Heaven. All these wonderful things which have always been experienced and reported by...the fortunate of this world.

As I experienced and as it always has been reported (about a million times on paper alone for all of recorded history) time seems to all fall on itself, spacetime is transcended, and one travels through a tunel in the cosmos (which is why pipes exist on earth. The idea of pipes actually comes from rivers, veins, plants--a plant or tree is basically a big pipe made up of thousands of pipes. So pipes, or tunnel systems, seem to be inherint in the structure of reality.) There is a great sense of relief, one sees what a burden it was to be in a body. Relief leads to joy, joy to bliss, bliss to love, love to god, god to the unknown. Long gone is stress. Craving is obscured by the light, yet for one who died with craving in one's life it but lurks around the corner. There seems to be a factor of not staying at one place, there is so much to see that it is an impossibility. Once arrived at a new abode, everything occurs at the same time (which is percieved as if everything is fast fowarded.) There is a universal humming sound. One is in hyper reality, consciousness heigthened and crystal clear and there is an understanding of all the knowledge of the entire universe as if one were co creator with God. One can review all one's life. One can see one's past lives. One can see the energy of eternal goodness, can commune with dead relatives and thousands of dead ancestors and past life loved one's and it is all bliss...

I dont know of course, I'm not claiming to know what will happen to me after I die just my 2 cents.

Well according to the interpretations of the Bible and Bhagavad Gita that I subscribe to, the body returns to the earth from which it was made and the soul continues on, ultimately returning to the father from which it came.
Fingers crossed! :D

..I dont know of course, I'm not claiming to know what will happen to me after I die..

No, I don't blame you..
Most of us hope for something good to happen, I would think..
In which case, we need to "wish for others what we wish for ourselves" right now.

Imagine .. all those souls with a grievance against us :(

"For the rich man to get to heaven is like the camel going through the eye of a needle"
-Jesus of Nazareth-

Was this your NDE, @Beautiful? Interesting!

In general, who is it that dies? Waking consciousness? The executive functions? Memories? Emotions? Bonding? Non-conscious parts of the psyche? (Another way of asking, "who am I", and death makes for a good frame for this question).

Was this your NDE, @Beautiful? Interesting!

In general, who is it that dies? Waking consciousness? The executive functions? Memories? Emotions? Bonding? Non-conscious parts of the psyche? (Another way of asking, "who am I", and death makes for a good frame for this question).

Thats about 10% of it, as much as language and my personal limitations permit.

I dont know. I´d say I am no one. I´d say there is no one home, so to speak. And herein is where the divine humor component comes in. Absolutely nothing and everything at the same time. And nothing feels better than that emptiness.

Thanks for the question. God bless you my sweet friend.
Long live the world in peace.

To my knowledge I am. not about to die, however. I hope to view death then as I do today, with no regard

Back