Is it True that Our Eastern Friends may Exist on 3 Curries/day?

Seer

Reaction score
http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks05/0500071h.html

AAA.jpg

And is it true that 'Green Ginger' is a common ingredient?

bbb.jpg

M.jpg

B.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemisia_(genus)#Medicinal :
art.jpg

And is it true that 'Green Ginger' is a common ingredient?
That is right. Ginger is an essential ingredient of many dishes, and some people (my son, for example) will put a whole lot of it in their tea (I cannot drink his tea, and I never use it in my tea). Singers commonly use that in concoctions, it is supposed to be good for voice and against cough. The current rate is Indian Rupees 60 for a kg (about 80 US cents). It can be made into a pickle.

images

Ginger is an essential ingredient of many dishes, and some people (my son, for example) will put a whole lot of it in their tea (I cannot drink his tea, and I never use it in my tea).
We go pretty heavy on ginger root in our chai. Took me a while to get use to it, that and brewing it in milk! :)

Wormwood and ginger are two different things?

Wormwood and ginger are two different things?

Yes .. In 18th century England, wormwood was sometimes used instead of hops in beer .. it's bitter!
It's used these days for indigestion & poor appetite.

Ginger is .. well, ginger .. it's hot :)

As far as I know, "green ginger" is young ginger roots and nothing to do with wormwood.

Reactions: RJM
Heh heh. We have here perhaps a serendipitous occurrence of the Mandela Effect:

Ok, most of you probably heard of this mass memory issues that people experience about many things, mostly in logos, movies, and spelling of words. At least, that is what a common explanation is of the phenomenon. Logically, it makes sense. However, there is a large portion of people around the globe who actually believe that something is happening to people's memories and that things are truly changed from what they remember...

...But it's intriguing. Which, and now I speculate, if some of these folks are correct and something supernatural is taking place, then I am reminded of the hadith prophecy of Noble Qur'an disappearing in the End Times. Also, if this is real, perhaps could explain the Qur'an and hadiths discrepancies where hadiths don't match Qur'an or teach completely opposite things?

Reactions: RJM
Heh heh. We have here perhaps a serendipitous occurrence of the Mandela Effect:
Lol. Wormwood is used in making absinthe; it gives absinthe its colour and the thujone chemical it contains is supposed to be responsible for the psychotropic effects which are said to come with absinthe, although the high alcoholic content, up to 74% may be the main factor.

Lol. Wormwood is used in making absinthe; it gives absinthe its colour and the thujone chemical it contains is supposed to be responsible for the psychotropic effects which are said to come with absinthe, although the high alcoholic content, up to 74% may be the main factor.
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

If in fact 'Green Ginger' is incorporated in the diet as described and does in fact counteract upon the formation of
MMM.jpg

One might glance at the records of morticians to see if the prevalence of cancer for example is absent from the group, or if in fact the benefits of Artemisinin can only be observed with the cold extrusion process...(I speculate)

Artemisia Absinthum is wormwood, whereas mugwort is a blanket term for several different varieties of Artemisia Vulgaris of which the Artemisia Annua -- or sweet wormwood variety -- is being tested as maybe having properties effective against covid-19 although not confirmed, I believe?

https://m.dw.com/en/germany-scientists-test-artemisia-plant-against-coronavirus/a-53944514

Green Ginger is fresh ginger root -- as opposed to dried. Wormwood and mugwort are Artemesia, not ginger, I believe, and are not ever called Green Ginger? I stand correction if I'm wrong ...

Yes, of course you and your cronies are right and the evidence in the opening post is mistaken.
Green Ginger is fresh ginger root -- as opposed to dried. Wormwood and mugwort are Artemesia, not ginger, I believe, and are not ever called Green Ginger? I stand correction if I'm wrong ...

Yes, of course you and your cronies are right and the evidence in the opening post is mistaken.
Don't be silly.

It's not about the beneficial properties of ginger. It's about whether wormwood has the same properties as green ginger -- and it does not -- because wormwood is not green ginger-- it's a different plant altogether. And it's not used in curries.

Never mind my cronies: if I'm wrong, show me where I'm wrong?

Give me a proper link to where wormwood is referred to as green ginger? I don't mean an ignorant eBay posting either. This really matters a lot, right?

Not denying wormwood may have its own beneficial properties, but using wormwood instead of ginger by mistake could actually be dangerous and poisonous, due to the thujone content.

Lol ;)
Ok. Not saying you are wrong. But it's the first time I've heard of wormwood berries used in green curry paste. It would not be common, and is extremely bitter tasting. Those are not links, by the way, so can't be checked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/greencurrypaste_67789

Ingredients
4-6 medium green chillies, de-seeded and roughly chopped
2 shallots, roughly chopped
5cm/2in piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
small bunch of fresh coriander, stalks and roots attached if possible
2 lemongrass stalks, chopped (if unavailable, use 2 tbsp dried)
1 lime, grated zest and juice
8 kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces (if unavailable, use the grated zest of 1 extra lime)
2.5cm/1in piece galangal, peeled and chopped (if available)
1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
2 tsp Thai fish sauce or light soy sauce
3 tbsp olive oil

https://norecipes.com/green-curry-paste-recipe/

1tablespooncoriander seeds1 teaspooncumin seeds1/2 teaspoonwhite peppercorn20 gramslemongrass 3 stalks, finely minced16 gramsgalangal finely minced2 gramsKaffir lime leaves 6 leaves or the zest of 1 kaffir lime, finely minced6 gramscilantro roots 3 thick roots, finely minced18 gramsgreen chili peppers seeds removed, finely minced2 teaspoonssalt50 gramsshallots finely minced24 gramsgarlic finely minced6 gramsThai basil

Lots more ...
Exception rather than the rule, imo
Whatever.
So what's the point of all this?

Last edited:
Back