Happy Naw-Ruz to all

Tony Bristow-Stagg

One Planet One People Please
Reaction score
I wish all a happy Naw-Ruz. It is the spring equinox and Naw-Ruz is celebrated by many people in many countries.

Naw-Ruz is after the Baha'i 19 day fast, so on the 20th March this year we break the fast with the Feast of Baha (Splendour) and celebrate the New Year.

Regards Tony

Happy Nowruz!

How do you celebrate? Any special foods, at the end of your fast?

Good morning Cino.

There are not set ways, each community will organise a celebration based on their diversity.

Personally I love to celebrate with Persian foods and sweets, when I was in a community many of the friends were Persian and their sense of service to Family and Community is strong.

Spreading the good cheer across the poor, lonely and dispossessed is high on the agenda.

Regards Tony

Personally I love to celebrate with Persian foods and sweets, when I was in a community many of the friends were Persian and their sense of service to Family and Community is strong.

persian-new-year-nowruz.jpg

Like this? Mmmmm...

I recall you are not currently close to any Baha'i community. How did you celebrate this year? Have a favorite dish?

persian-new-year-nowruz.jpg

Like this? Mmmmm...

I recall you are not currently close to any Baha'i community. How did you celebrate this year? Have a favorite dish?

Looks great :)

There was a funeral in town this weekend. So the invitation to Naw-Ruz was cancelled. My wife and I took the Dogs up to Karumba on the ocean in the Gulf of Carpentaia at the mouth of the Norman River, and we then had the best Fish and Chips that money can buy :D The dogs also had a piece of King Salmon!

All the best to all peoples, Regards Tony

Regards Tony

Back