Ridvan 2021

Tony Bristow-Stagg

One Planet One People Please
Reaction score
April the 20th 2021 is the 1st Day of Ridvan for the Baha'i of the world. It is a 12 day festival where the 1st, 9th and 12th days are designated holy days where work should be suspended.

This is the time when Baha'u'llah declared his God given mission to family and friends openly to the world.

This is also the time that Bahai Local elections are undertaken to elect the Local Spiritual Assemblies, in locations where 9 or more Baha'i reside.

I wish all on Interfaith Forums well and happy.

Regards Tony

Reactions: RJM
Care to describe exactly how the festival is celebrated.... other than the elections?

Care to describe exactly how the festival is celebrated.... other than the elections?

Good morning RabbiO I hope the day brings much happiness to you.

That is a difficult question, as every community will decide how they will celebrate Ridvan. There is no set service.

I see many communities organise community based activities. While I was in the Solomon Islands there were individual community events organised and at the National Level all the community was invited to participate in a prayer and devotional service, followed by a feast and then plays and activities organised by each community to present to all that attended.

It was also a time to invite or assist those that are not well off in the community.

All the best, regards Tony

Back