I had a moment!

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Idk what came first the bliss or the thought. Did the bliss come from a thought unbirthed to a reality I can perceive...or was it as I perceived...a moment of bliss flowed...like a breeze blowing thru the wall.

As I felt, perceived, enjoyed it, the bliss came first out of nowhere (or was it knowhere?) There was no reason for me to feel so comfortable, so at peace, so happy inside in this moment...nothing had changed. I was just sitting here, the whrr/buzz of cooling system was coming from the vents...there was no thought just a bliss...of everything being right despite the chaos in our world, on our planet, in all our lives...suddenly I was light, at ease, enveloped in bliss. Weird. It isn't a common thing for me but it does happen.

The strangest of all was while walking across an asphalt parking lot in 90 degree heat and humidity sweating thru my dress.shirt.and suit as I headed to a government building for a meeting that I was thrown into to solve a problem that my company had warned me was insurmountable and not likely to have an outcome they wanted. I was being sent in to fail minimally, get something accomplished if I could. In that parking lot...without warning and beyond my understanding a breeze, a calm and cool enveloped me... I returned to reality in a packed elevator, in a sweaty suit headed.to the meeting. I was still confused and contemplating it all when I my name was called, long story short (yeah right) the problem went away, the sign off was done, and I picked up the permit.

Most often it occurs when I am on the road, hitchhiking, traveling or camping as I hang in my hammock feeling snug, smug, and happy. I feel a bliss, a a palpable comfort that whatever my current trials or tribulations all is right. Or when I lay down to sleep on a hard floor, in the back of a truck, or on the ground (with literally a rock as a pillow) and marvel at 'why am I comfortable?' as that bliss takes me to sleep.

Today I was just sitting here....and then the bliss.and then the thought.

As usual.when I have thoughts they don't seem to have the impact when I think about them as they do when I don't. (If that makes sense to anyone explain it to me!)

Anyway the revelation was that I have spent much of my life focusing on where I disagree with others instead of where I agree. And if I were to choose to focus on where we agree life would be easier. My problem is still that I often disagree on very sensitive topics/traits that I have such difficulty making a case to ignore!

But....with belief (not personal actions), with faith, or rather with interfaith I find it is easier for me to focus on what resonates, what I agree with and utilize that in my thought, actions and understandings.

But...with my own faith (Christianity) I focus more on where I disagree... I find that interesting...and it got rid of that pesky bliss.

It is interesting when we find ourcellves irritated.

I often think my thoughts are obvious and cant fathom.how folks could.take another side..

It is utterly obvious but I need to investigate that more.

Sidenote I listened.to a couple of sermons today...was able to focus on where I agree.and substitute my definitions where we didn't. I got a lot more out of it.that way.

I needed the sermons after watching the panel discussion on antimatter. I never grok what goes on in my mind...i can't imagine.what goes on in those theoretical and experimental physicists!

I needed the sermons after watching the panel discussion on antimatter. I never grok what goes on in my mind...i can't imagine.what goes on in those theoretical and experimental physicists!
I'm halfway through that video. I have been following that sort of stuff for years because I find it really interesting. Brian Greene us a string theory guy.

Last edited:
Neil Turok's father was professor Ben Turok. He was a founder member of the ANC government in South Africa. He was my next door neighbour in Muizenberg in Cape Town for a while. Neil Turok still operates an advanced mathematical institute in Muizenberg, He worked with Stephen Hawking at Cambridge. He is now director of the Perimeter Institute in Canada. He is the 'brane theory' guy.

Here is a Neil Turok video. It's excellent:

I don't know if this is the right place to list it?

Last edited:
As I felt, perceived, enjoyed it, the bliss came first out of nowhere (or was it knowhere?) There was no reason for me to feel so comfortable, so at peace, so happy inside in this moment...nothing had changed. I was just sitting here, the whrr/buzz of cooling system was coming from the vents...there was no thought just a bliss...of everything being right despite the chaos in our world, on our planet, in all our lives...suddenly I was light, at ease, enveloped in bliss. Weird. It isn't a common thing for me but it does happen.

The Buddhists number such bliss among the "fruits of the contemplative life".

Reactions: RJM
Idk what came first the bliss or the thought. Did the bliss come from a thought unbirthed to a reality I can perceive...or was it as I perceived...a moment of bliss flowed...like a breeze blowing thru the wall.

The strangest of all was while walking across an asphalt parking lot in 90 degree heat and humidity sweating thru my dress.shirt.and suit as I headed to a government building for a meeting that I was thrown into to solve a problem that my company had warned me was insurmountable and not likely to have an outcome they wanted. I was being sent in to fail minimally, get something accomplished if I could. In that parking lot...without warning and beyond my understanding a breeze, a calm and cool enveloped me... I returned to reality in a packed elevator, in a sweaty suit headed.to the meeting. I was still confused and contemplating it all when I my name was called, long story short (yeah right) the problem went away, the sign off was done, and I picked up the permit.

Back when our family used to exchange gifts for the holidays, the term re-gifting used to come up. ;) But in retrospect, it wasn't such a bad thing. The heart was in the right place.

Consciousness is bound by the linear, spirit races outside of time and space. Consciousness cannot follow but can occasionally experience what has happened "before" it happens.

Now, I'm not exactly sure what that meeting you guys had was about, but I think I am slowly finding out. The best I can do is to be more responsible with what I learn, even though it might just turn out to be rather horrifying. :)

Ever growing love plays a part here. Misunderstanding can be resolved there. Almost anything can be resolved there once the love has reached an all-consuming place. Everything can be forgiven, but the scars will remain to remind us of the cost of what we have done.

Most often it occurs when I am on the road, hitchhiking, traveling or camping as I hang in my hammock feeling snug, smug, and happy. I feel a bliss, a a palpable comfort that whatever my current trials or tribulations all is right. Or when I lay down to sleep on a hard floor, in the back of a truck, or on the ground (with literally a rock as a pillow) and marvel at 'why am I comfortable?' as that bliss takes me to sleep.

Today I was just sitting here....and then the bliss.and then the thought.

As usual.when I have thoughts they don't seem to have the impact when I think about them as they do when I don't. (If that makes sense to anyone explain it to me!)

Anyway the revelation was that I have spent much of my life focusing on where I disagree with others instead of where I agree. And if I were to choose to focus on where we agree life would be easier. My problem is still that I often disagree on very sensitive topics/traits that I have such difficulty making a case to ignore!

But....with belief (not personal actions), with faith, or rather with interfaith I find it is easier for me to focus on what resonates, what I agree with and utilize that in my thought, actions and understandings.

But...with my own faith (Christianity) I focus more on where I disagree... I find that interesting...and it got rid of that pesky bliss.

Love consumes disagreement, no need for trying and methods. If it is powerful enough... and from what I've seen, it is. But love is costly also, isn't it? Free yet costly... it's a paradox. However, if I would follow something to my death, it would be love. Not methods, techniques, systems. These things are the killers of love. It has always been so.

Reactions: wil
The Buddhists number such bliss among the "fruits of the contemplative life".
I mostly "live life" not being able to drive or work or get around as much has slowed me down.

Contemplative? At times. But not on the tough stuff. I only have so much patience. Or limited brain space to focus on complicated thought.

I come here and am awed by some of the discussion...i can cant keep up, so much detail sometimes I only catch the edges.
Ever growing love plays a part here. Misunderstanding can be resolved there. Almost anything can be resolved there once the love has reached an all-consuming place.
This speaks to where I occasionally exist. Ignoring conventional actions and just allowing my life to flow where guided. I still think it is mostly lazy...but somewhere along the way I feel the dice roll differently because of not caring about certain outcomes and focusing on others (which contain or require love/empathy)

I mostly "live life" not being able to drive or work or get around as much has slowed me down.

Contemplative? At times. But not on the tough stuff. I only have so much patience. Or limited brain space to focus on complicated thought.

I come here and am awed by some of the discussion...i can cant keep up, so much detail sometimes I only catch the edges.

Love contains everything... Catching the edges is enough. Just dig in deep enough to hang on to them and you have the whole thing.

This speaks to where I occasionally exist. Ignoring conventional actions and just allowing my life to flow where guided. I still think it is mostly lazy...but somewhere along the way I feel the dice roll differently because of not caring about certain outcomes and focusing on others (which contain or require love/empathy)

The annoying details guide (or force) one to the heart of the matter. It has been said that you can't "herd" cats. But you can love them a lot and hope for the best. I think I might have loved them yesterday... Today I know I love them. ...Uh-oh, watch out for the claws though. They're coming at some point, I just know it.

Thoughts and intentions are directed to the spirit dimension, and then stripped and redirected back into the natural dimension. Like bouncing off a satellite. No dishonesty gets by. Every thought and intention returns honestly upon its object. Then it depends on intention/will and receptivity

Last edited:
At church we sing...

Our thoughts are prayers, and we are always praying. Our thoughts and prayers, take charge of what you're saying. Seek a higher consciousness, a state of peacefulness and know that every thought Becomes of Prayer.

It was always interesting teaching Sunday school kids no matter what grade about the concept of every thought becoming a prayer. From their mind to God mind. They would complain about their parents or teachers and I would ask them what thoughts they had and which prayers were being answered

At church we sing...
Our thoughts are prayers, and we are always praying. Our thoughts and prayers, take charge of what you're saying. Seek a higher consciousness, a state of peacefulness and know that every thought Becomes of Prayer.

Agreed. We must have beautiful thoughts that will change the world. The source of everything is in the thought... elevate the thought and you will raise your life. The outer life is reflection of the inner state and caused by it... so often we try to make and external change when the true change that might be needed is internal and at the the level of the mind / thought.

I am thankful for nitroglycerin...

Melts under your tongue and in minutes the lain subsides...

What does.it do? It opens blood vessels, expands them, and allows more.blood flow.

I reread this thread...and thought...i aint felt that since then. Oh, I get some joy outta picking tomatoes...out of.being able to walk around the block, out of laying down on a hard floor...lol

And while my chuckle at how comfortable I am on tje hard floor I enter a place of happiness it is largely because my comfort and happiness seems so silly compared to the thousands of.matress adverts I've seen in my life...this memory foam and purple being.the latest...but from water beds to individual coils to pictures of perfectly aligned or disastrously supported spines....i have had.tons of back problems, but very few since I gave up mattresses for floor...sometimes it makes me giddy.
R
So thinking about how bliss takes away all concerns as the flow envelops me....

I think about the angina...how debilitating it is as I reach for the meds....and it is increasing thr flow that.answers my call...and I gotta admit....that contemplation gets me close!

I am thankful for nitroglycerin...

Melts under your tongue and in minutes the lain subsides...

What does.it do? It opens blood vessels, expands them, and allows more.blood flow.

I reread this thread...and thought...i aint felt that since then. Oh, I get some joy outta picking tomatoes...out of.being able to walk around the block, out of laying down on a hard floor...lol

And while my chuckle at how comfortable I am on tje hard floor I enter a place of happiness it is largely because my comfort and happiness seems so silly compared to the thousands of.matress adverts I've seen in my life...this memory foam and purple being.the latest...but from water beds to individual coils to pictures of perfectly aligned or disastrously supported spines....i have had.tons of back problems, but very few since I gave up mattresses for floor...sometimes it makes me giddy.
R
So thinking about how bliss takes away all concerns as the flow envelops me....

I think about the angina...how debilitating it is as I reach for the meds....and it is increasing thr flow that.answers my call...and I gotta admit....that contemplation gets me close!
Ah wil ... hang in there bro ... if only just for us

Thanks for sharing this, wil.

Lol...me.thimks.a.lot of my happiness.comes from acceptance....a.lot of my grief comes from.refusing to.accept.what is.

I.am Good all, my contemplations sometimes air my dirty laundry. I am comfortable here and maybe over share.

But not to worry...i already got.a reprieve, a new lease on life and the price for my.foibles, (not exactly the life I had before) is a more than just for the errors of my ways!

Yah got me till i am gone, or as long as you van stand me!

Back