Innocence vs drag queens

Namaste Jesus

Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai
Reaction score
All this talk about drag queens reminded me of the time I managed a women's shoe store in the early 80's. My location was right across the street from a cabaret that had an all male revue on Thursday nights. Basically a bunch of guys singing and dancing in evening gowns and heels. So, it wasn't unusual to run across a guy in my store attempting to secretly try on women's shoes.

Well this one day, when I encountered such a fellow, he made the usual excuse, that he was buying shoes for his girlfriend. Mind you, all I said was good morning, but back then guys felt compelled to make up an excuse for why they were in a woman's shoe store alone. Now that particular store use to be a department store and had a large backroom, including a carpeted area separate from the main sales floor. So I told the guy, "Hey look, if you want some privacy, I've got a room in the back you can use." I showed it to him, told him to tell his friends and left him to it.

By the end of the following week, on any given day I had half dozen guys in the back, drinking coffee and walking around in heels! Great customers too. Women's shoes are designed for women's feet, so these guys required new shoes quite often.. Ca-ching! :D

RJM

God Feeds the Ravens
Admin
Reaction score
Don't kill the messanger
3.45 min

RJM

God Feeds the Ravens
Admin
Reaction score
I'm confused. How does this relate to drag queens? :confused: Drag queens are performers who can be of any gender.
It doesn't relate to drag queens. Unless they are trans women. The thread has also discussed trans rights

Last edited:

wil

UNeyeR1
Reaction score
NJ were you

Don't kill the messanger
3.45 min

Lol...Tucker Carlson? Not discussing and of the countries we live in. We ready to chastise Saudi for their laws and actions?
the extreme left is the big part of what is creating the extreme right and then the right creates the left -- and the division goes on getting wider; all rational discussion lost, and so the damage is done, imo these are troubling times
Me thinks it started the other way around. But have been watching this teeter totter of progress for millenia. From the days of abolishing slavery (those were troubling times.....10nfold anything going on now) to women voting, to civil rights movement, to black lives matter, to the abuse of ngltbq (and left handers) for centuries in "civilized" countries.

Yall are just afraid if any marginalized group gets power you will be treated as society treated them for ever.

Nobody likes their cummupance.

RJM

God Feeds the Ravens
Admin
Reaction score
Lol...Tucker Carlson?
Do you have problems with the content or accuracy of the clip? Don't hang the messenger. Can you address the content?

RJM

God Feeds the Ravens
Admin
Reaction score
Yall are just afraid if any marginalized group gets power you will be treated as society treated them for ever.

Nobody likes their cummupance.

And the women sit knitting at the foot of the guillotine. Good to be clear ...

wil

UNeyeR1
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

wil

UNeyeR1
Reaction score
I have zero issues with this.

The country has banned discrimination based on sexual orientation in employment since 1998. Norway also has a law prohibiting discrimination based on gender identity and expression since 2013, and is one of the few countries in the world to explicitly protect intersex people from discrimination.

RJM

God Feeds the Ravens
Admin
Reaction score
I have zero issues with this.

The country has banned discrimination based on sexual orientation in employment since 1998. Norway also has a law prohibiting discrimination based on gender identity and expression since 2013, and is one of the few countries in the world to explicitly protect intersex people from discrimination.
So no issue with 3 yrs jail for saying a man can't have babies? For speaking? And thousands of hate mail responses?

wil

UNeyeR1
Reaction score
So no issue with 3 yrs jail for saying a man can't have babies? For speaking? And thousands of hate mail responses?
I might have the same issues for those spending life in a Russian gulag for speech...or an Iranian woman who gets stored to death for being raped, or Tibeten folk oppressed by China or literally tens of thousands of legal (according to their laws) of judicial atrocities around the world.

My heart would break if I were to get upset about each and every one of these.

But on the scale of issues that should concern me and be fodder for a thread to take up time from a nap...an ignorant bigot in a land thousands of miles away is about 99% down on my list. To be clear, I am much more concerned as to whether I remembered to feed the dog (and I don't have a dog)

Last edited by a moderator:

RJM

God Feeds the Ravens
Admin
Reaction score
Which still ignores the morality of jailing a woman in an advanced western nation for the crime of offending the trans lobby by daring to say that IN HER OWN OPINION a man can’t have babies or be a lesbian. It is sweeping the western world. That is not offensive hate speech. It is freedom of adult opinion.

It is a language being forced on people, and on their primary school children — and the fact a person who speaks up about it labelled an ignorant bigot says it all, IMO

A lot of people think that freedom of speech and of thought in their own western democratic nations is an important issue at the moment in the age of ‘alternative facts’

badger

Reaction score
Wonder if any fans of drag queens parading semi-nude in front of small children, have or ever had any tiny tots of their own?
Do you think that the alter ego Dame Edna was such as you are promoting?

badger

Reaction score
No, he was a popular comic performer, even had a TV show? I think. His audience was adults & like many queen performers it was just one feature of gay clubs.
Comic performer and with tv show..... true, a world famous and very much loved drag-queen, and even world class actors have taken on drag-queen roles.
Now, please can you name a couple of drag-queens that involve themselves with children in any kind of irresponsible way?

Where I live, anybody who involves themselves with minors in any irresponsible way will be in a lot of trouble very quickly. Even some religious groups, schools, sports clubs and bodies have come under heated fire when any of their servants have mistreated children, you know. But since you've picked upon drag-queens I think we would need to see some examples from you.

Your OP offers a link to 'The Imaginative Conservative' which makes all the claims that you offer as some kind of foundation for any claims that you make, but unfortunately the authors couldn't actually show a single example of an incident.

Thomas

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
When I was a kid it was Boy Scout leaders who were assumed to 'irresponsibly involved' with children.

Seems to me all sorts have been focussed on – one of the priests who taught on my degree course was beaten up in Birmingham (where the institute is, he's from N London) – because he was a priest and, therefore, a predatory pedophile.

I wouldn't be surprised if its turns out the principle culprit in the abuse of children turns out to be a heterosexual male. I don't see these media outlets getting all righteous about that – but then it never does to antagonise your own audience.

badger

Reaction score
Simply search for news about drag-queens @ library story hours or drags parading before children etc.

From YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=drag+queens+&+kids
I clicked on your link to read about:-
The 11-year-old trailblazing drag kid 'Desmond is Amazing'

Yeah, I've got no problems with children being introduced to drag queens, Nicholas. Some children will choose not to want to see them again, others might have enjoyed such experiences.

Thing is, you've picked on an ages old tradition where I live, that infant shows often feature women dressed up as male heroes and villains, and men dress up as female heroines or victims. Our drag queens appear on television shows and other kinds of media presentations.

If you think about the street where you live, or the company where you work, or any places where you regularly go, there will be some bad people doing bad things, Nicholas. Pick a group of people, say, police officers, and then look for any bad ones that are known about........ and the police visit schools all the time. We just need to weed out bad folks in all and any kinds of places or situations.

It's best not to pick out a particular group for overall branding...... that could be perceived as bigotry, I think.

Nicholas Weeks

Bodhicitta
Reaction score
It's best not to pick out a particular group for overall branding...... that could be perceived as bigotry, I think.

You are verging toward cluelessness. What is the big clue in the heading of this thread? Innocence - of children. It does not say nor mean "all drags are bad."

badger

Reaction score
You are verging toward cluelessness.
............ insulting.....

What is the big clue in the heading of this thread?
I will show you presently, Nicholas.

Innocence - of children. It does not say nor mean "all drags are bad."
So in your OP you really didn't mean to write:_
Nicholas Weeks :- 'The innocent child ............................... recognizes the drag queen as ugly and sinister as a wicked witch in a fairy tale.'

Got it, Nicholas....... I'm clueless and you write truth, eh?
Got it.