Innocence vs drag queens

juantoo3

....whys guy.... ʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐ uoıʇsǝnb
Reaction score
I might have the same issues for those spending life in a Russian gulag for speech...or an Iranian woman who gets stored to death for being raped, or Tibeten folk oppressed by China or literally tens of thousands of legal (according to their laws) of judicial atrocities around the world.

My heart would break if I were to get upset about each and every one of these.

But on the scale of issues that should concern me and be fodder for a thread to take up time from a nap...an ignorant bigot in a land thousands of miles away is about 99% down on my list. To be clear, I am much more concerned as to whether I remembered to feed the dog (and I don't have a dog)
So in other words you cannot address the content...because you can't. Because you can't, you dodge and change the subject and try to put the focus anywhere but on the subject at hand.

Typical.

Interesting. Just last week you told me men could not get pregnant, I see you've changed your mind since then, although you were particularly cagey about it then. Hmmmm...

wil

UNeyeR1
Reaction score
So in other words you cannot address the content...because you can't. Because you can't, you dodge and change the subject and try to put the focus anywhere but on the subject at hand.

Typical.

Interesting. Just last week you told me men could not get pregnant, I see you've changed your mind since then, although you were particularly cagey about it then. Hmmmm...
I don't believe humans born without uterouses can get pregnant. I do know that transmen can...some of them...

Which particular part of the content would you like me to address?

It is a battle for every generation as society and understanding changes to educate the dinosaurs or ignore their bellowing as we wait for them to die off. I don't see this generation as any different. Of course those who thought "if G!d wanted us to fly he would have given us wings" and that mentality still exists in short and flat earthers.

Math is hard for some and science moves to fast for old ingrained thought and religious institutions...just ask Galileo and Darwin and Tyson...

Just as the mentality of all beings are binary and tomato is a vegetable still exists. Not everyone.accepts biology.

Nicholas Weeks

Bodhicitta
Reaction score
It is a battle for every generation as society and understanding changes to educate the dinosaurs or ignore their bellowing as we wait for them to die off. I don't see this generation as any different.

Sounds like you believe or are convinced that every generation, as bellowing ones die off, advances, nay progresses? Always onward & upward!

Not I, nor the Greek & Indian & Chinese Sages. Humanity is cyclic, there are eras of golden human society when most are sage-like, but also a devolution into silver, bronze and the present iron age or kali yuga. Yes the great cycle reverses and we evolve upward from Iron thru until another golden one. But causality or karma & its effects rules.

wil

UNeyeR1
Reaction score
No I do.not believe each generation exceeds the next....nor that all "progress" is beneficial to the whole.

I see a plethora of mistakes from gypsy moths to kudzu to global warming dark ages crusades etc.

But I also see steady growth in humanity along the way.

It is like many charts with peaks and valleys and hiccups...

But women's rights, civil rights, ngltbq+ia....human rights...are all progress in my book.

All were fought for with lives lost..all were opposed...often by status quo religious zealots,..but you all are.fully aware of that!

We humans are not without fault...make plenty of mistakes...inthink evidenced by many govt and religious organizations actions and decisions.

All that being said....we are treating humans and life on earth and the earth better than we ever have been.

(Surely I am not the only one who could not see the sky in LA.half the year in the 60s...or saw Detroit and.chicago burn as folks fought for freedom to be blacknwithout prejudice or rivers on fire, or women struggling for equality)

We ain't done....we come a long way baby but have a long way to go.

Nicholas Weeks

Bodhicitta
Reaction score
Humanity is cyclic, there are eras of golden human society when most are sage-like, but also a devolution into silver, bronze and the present iron age or kali yuga. Yes the great cycle reverses and we evolve upward from Iron thru until another golden one. But causality or karma & its effects rules.

Per karma/causality and periodicity of cycles: It not only applies to this planet but all realms & worlds known to Buddhas. This snip is from chapter five of the Avatamsaka Sutra - Cleary version:

In each of the systems of worlds
The worlds are inconceivably many;
Some forming, some decaying,
Some have already crumbled away.

Like leaves in a forest,
Some growing and some falling,
So too in these systems thus
Do worlds form and decay.

Like according to the forest
The various fruits are different,
In these world systems too
Do various beings live.