Art Jesus foot washing

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Quite effective series of prints...

Anyone of them is nice....but the collection in total is thought provoking and humbling

Quite effective series of prints...

Anyone of them is nice....but the collection in total is thought provoking and humbling

Can I get one where He is covering his nose from the stench? Asking for a friend.

We had a maundy Thursday event annually at church.

I recall it was interesting observing my thoughts and emotions at the time. There were three tubs and three chairs...during the service as an explanation of the process, scripture was read, and a sermon was in process there was a line to get your feet washed and a line to serve, and wash feet.

I served and received. These panels with the various folks in the process sparked that reminder?

As with many churches a good share of the congregation are elderly.
Can I get one where He is covering his nose from the stench? Asking for a friend.
There was that, as well as dead, cracked, twisted nails, significant arthritis, gout, hammer toe, bunions, blisters, cracked heals all manner of foot ailments of aging humans. Absolutely humbling and educational for me.

That first time hearing it announced that this wss a thing, deciding to go...the thoughts in my head, all of which disappeared as I helped the first lady into the chair and kneeled.

It became one of my favorite Unity traditions.

We had a maundy Thursday event annually at church.

I recall it was interesting observing my thoughts and emotions at the time. There were three tubs and three chairs...during the service as an explanation of the process, scripture was read, and a sermon was in process there was a line to get your feet washed and a line to serve, and wash feet.

I served and received. These panels with the various folks in the process sparked that reminder?

As with many churches a good share of the congregation are elderly.
There was that, as well as dead, cracked, twisted nails, significant arthritis, gout, hammer toe, bunions, blisters, cracked heals all manner of foot ailments of aging humans. Absolutely humbling and educational for me.

That first time hearing it announced that this wss a thing, deciding to go...the thoughts in my head, all of which disappeared as I helped the first lady into the chair and kneeled.

It became one of my favorite Unity traditions.
I remember that happening at my Unity a few times years ago -- the first time it was being done when I thought there was a bible study but it was foot washing going on the the sanctuary. I was very new to Unity at the time. I remember thinking it seemed like something I associated with a very different kind of church (I now know I was probably thinking of pentecostal and their ilk) and I ended up not going in to the sanctuary. I simply did not know how to contextualize it at the time.

Back