Hi, new here.

Spiritear

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just discovered this forum so I thought I would join.

I was raised as JW and went through shunning when I left. I was taught to hold the name Jehovah in high regard, only to discover they were not sure about the name (no offense to any JW, but for me it was a deal breaker). Anyway after that I tried to do my own thing away from organised religion for a couple of years but I ended up losing my faith and becoming basically atheist, with small returns to faith now and then when some strange coincidences whould happened.

Recently I have felt drawn back to religion, and to be honest, for the hope and comfort it provides, especially with all the bad in the world. I'm just not sure what that return would look like yet.

I am retired and these days I do a lot of writing, especially fantasy adventure. I guess, in a way its an attempt to recapture some of the magic I lost when I left religion. In such stories anything is possible and people have destinies and power or powerful forces watching over them, and these days without God I feel so vulnerable, even irrelevant.

Oh, and I tend to ramble on to no end.

See you around :)

Hi everyone, I just discovered this forum so I thought I would join..
Hi :)

I was raised as JW and went through shunning when I left..
Mmm .. same old .. I wouldn't take it to heart.

I was taught to hold the name Jehovah in high regard, only to discover they were not sure about the name (no offense to any JW, but for me it was a deal breaker).
G-d has many names. As you know, there are many different "tongues" (languages).

..these days without God I feel so vulnerable, even irrelevant..
I think it is the times we live in?

G-d willing, you will like it here. Welcome.

I was raised as JW and went through shunning when I left. I was taught to hold the name Jehovah in high regard, only to discover they were not sure about the name (no offense to any JW, but for me it was a deal breaker). Anyway after that I tried to do my own thing away from organised religion for a couple of years but I ended up losing my faith and becoming basically atheist, with small returns to faith now and then when some strange coincidences whould happened.

Recently I have felt drawn back to religion, and to be honest, for the hope and comfort it provides, especially with all the bad in the world. I'm just not sure what that return would look like yet.

I am retired and these days I do a lot of writing, especially fantasy adventure. I guess, in a way its an attempt to recapture some of the magic I lost when I left religion. In such stories anything is possible and people have destinies and power or powerful forces watching over them, and these days without God I feel so vulnerable, even irrelevant.

Welcome!

Great to meet you. I have a couple of JW friends I spent many an hour chatting to. I also had a work college that went through the pain of being shunned.

Do not worry, be happy. The world events are cementing the need for unity and the oneness of all humanity, rest assured God has the best in store for all of us.

I would offer there are many Names of God, but all Names can become One in God.

Look forward to a chat or two. Regards Tony

Welcome!

I had a lot of friends who were/are JWs. One of my sisters is a member. One of my friends was told to never speak to me again because I "introduced new ideas" that disagreed with their doctrines. Too bad. He was really opening his eyes.

Welcome :)

You may be interested in contributing to the Member Writing Forum?
I believe 'God' meets us where we are, regardless of time, place and religion or no religion.

I believe if I take the first one step towards God, that God takes nine steps towards me. I believe that prayer is giving God's angels permission to enter my life, because my free will means that although the angels may watch and weep, they may not interfere without my own invitation

Welcome to the forum! It makes me happy that you didn't give up on religion. God, the absolute, the word has many names and faces. I will pray for you that you will find your path. ❤️🙏🌷

Back