Locked Gates

Spiritear

Reaction score
I am new here, and finding it hard to find a place in this interfaith wilderness to find rest and respite. I'm not sure where to post as going through the threads I do not see open doors but locked gates. To be honest it saddens me, because I have been enslaved behind such gates before, and my experiences almost broke my spirit and cost my soul. It is such locked gates that bar entry to paradise, they bar ascension to heaven, they stifle progress to enlightenment, limit achievement of selflessness, the locks render superior intellect worthless, and over spiritualization meaningless. But mostly, these locked doors deny any hope of unity.

These are the locks and our cages:

1. When faith becomes an intellectual pursuit. I see here that people are so intelligent that they write at length complicated theories and deductions in the pursuit of truth, quoting scholars and writing like professors; caught up in their own minds, so much so that they do not realize that if faith is an intellectual truth, it would bar heaven to people of even average intellect by such standards. In the same there is risk of feeling special, and standing as a teacher of lower ones, the roots of pride. I have no interest in what is behind those doors, and the spirit becomes troubled.

2. Defining and naming. Here are clever definitions of god, names and explanations, and many are unswayed because of those defined truths. The sadness here is that our names and definitions of god are blemished and ultimately corrupted by our inferiority and lowly position, thus limiting god, chaining him to our needs and desires, molding him or it for our purposes, actually confining him/her/it to the area of the earth. Once again those under such well defined gods run risk of feeling special, to stand as teachers, all also the roots of pride. I have no interest in what is behind such doors, and the spirit becomes troubled.

3. Over spiritualization (truth without foundation in reality). Like a boat without an anchor thrust about by the waves are those that overspiritualize god. It is a tumultuous ocean seen in prophetic words (pardon my biblical references, it is my base but the symbolism is part of many interfaith concepts) such as the creation account where the dry land was formed by gathering the water so there could be a firm foundation, Jonah, also the flood accounts and Revalation's 'sea'. It is an unstable place far from reality and practicality where anything goes, and anyone can be special, even a teacher, all roots of pride. I have no interest in what is behind such doors, and the spirit becomes troubled.

This was written as a statement, but is in essence a question: If the truth binds us in chains, is it truth? The truth should set us free.

Maybe the first step to such a place is silence; in an attempt to stop lying from my inferior and selfish position, so all I will say is I dont think I can contribute here, as I have only questions and no answers.

Interesting observation, thanks for your perspective.

I guess it is different being inside and looking out vs outside and looking in.

Imo if intellectual discussion, clarifying definitions to facilitate accurate communication gets in the way of spiritual pursuit....I would not pursue either...

I am new here, and finding it hard to find a place in this interfaith wilderness to find rest and respite. I'm not sure where to post as going through the threads I do not see open doors but locked gates. To be honest it saddens me, because I have been enslaved behind such gates before, and my experiences almost broke my spirit and cost my soul. It is such locked gates that bar entry to paradise, they bar ascension to heaven, they stifle progress to enlightenment, limit achievement of selflessness, the locks render superior intellect worthless, and over spiritualization meaningless. But mostly, these locked doors deny any hope of unity.

1. When faith becomes an intellectual pursuit. I see here that people are so intelligent that they write at length complicated theories and deductions in the pursuit of truth, quoting scholars and writing like professors; caught up in their own minds, so much so that they do not realize that if faith is an intellectual truth, it would bar heaven to people of even average intellect by such standards. In the same there is risk of feeling special, and standing as a teacher of lower ones, the roots of pride. I have no interest in what is behind those doors, and the spirit becomes troubled.

2. Defining and naming. Here are clever definitions of god, names and explanations, and many are unswayed because of those defined truths. The sadness here is that our names and definitions of god are blemished and ultimately corrupted by our inferiority and lowly position, thus limiting god, chaining him to our needs and desires, molding him or it for our purposes, actually confining him/her/it to the area of the earth. Once again those under such well defined gods run risk of feeling special, to stand as teachers, all also the roots of pride. I have no interest in what is behind such doors, and the spirit becomes troubled.

3. Over spiritualization (truth without foundation in reality). Like a boat without an anchor thrust about by the waves are those that overspiritualize god. It is a tumultuous ocean seen in prophetic words (pardon my biblical references, it is my base but the symbolism is part of many interfaith concepts) such as the creation account where the dry land was formed by gathering the water so there could be a firm foundation, Jonah, also the flood accounts and Revalation's 'sea'. It is an unstable place far from reality and practicality where anything goes, and anyone can be special, even a teacher, all roots of pride. I have no interest in what is behind such doors, and the spirit becomes troubled.

This was written as a statement, but is in essence a question: If the truth binds us in chains, is it truth? The truth should set us free.

Maybe the first step to such a place is silence; in an attempt to stop lying from my inferior and selfish position, so all I will say is I dont think I can contribute here, as I have only questions and no answers.
I think the first step is to Question your Beliefs. Why do you have them? Where did they originate inside of you? Where did they originate in history?

Welcome to interfaith dot org.

"I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith. I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit."

Ecclesiastes 1:12,13,14

Reactions: RJM
No two snowflakes are the same. God reaches to every seeking soul in their own individual way, imo

Enlightenment is simple

1 god can not see you until you see the god within, till you realize your self.

2 power is a illusion, all trying and effort will only bring more of that illusion.

3 you are already enlightened, so stop all the processes and practices their is nothing to seek.

4 you are simply awareness, nothing else

5 all you need to do is take a deep breath allow and just be aware. Fell into your own awareness, when you allow your awareness into experience. You are allow your divinity into the experience, and this light of creation just simply changes the experience, effortlessly with out even having to try. Because true creation is effortless.

Last edited:
Back