Triple Spaced Lines??

Nicholas Weeks

Bodhicitta
Reaction score
When I post a quote, oftentimes it appears with huge spaces between the lines? It does not happen on other sites I post to. Anyway to fix please!

When I post a quote, oftentimes it appears with huge spaces between the lines? It does not happen on other sites I post to. Anyway to fix please!
Can you not just edit and reduce the spacing yourself?

On a two or three line quote, I have. But longer ones - No.

If no one can (or will) fix this glitch, just say so.
Nicholas, I spend a lot of time spacing and adding paragraph spaces to other people's posts.. There are better ways to spend my voluntary time than nannying educated adult posters to reasonably format their own posts ... sorry

Last edited:
@Nicholas Weeks ~

There is set of parentheses on to the right of your reply box that toggles the BB code. If you click that, you will find that you are able to add and remove blank lines easily. Just click it again to get to the previous view that will show what it will look like after posting.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: RJM
removed

Last edited:
removed

Last edited:
@RJM

Regular members don't appear to have visibility to any of the images above. I'm getting this on every link:

1704033663465.png

@SalixIncendium

Thanks. I'm playing around. Slow internet this afternoon
I'm going to remove my post and try and do it again
Please give me a bit of time here

First go to 'Edit'

edit.png

This will give you:

Screenshot 2023-12-31 151202.png

You can then edit to close up the line spacing:

closed up.png

Then push save:

save.png

Result should be:

result.png

If the HTML format does not appear when you enter the edit function, press three dots for 'more options'

dots.png

And then parenthesis to get HTML format:

par.png

Press 'Preview' button to see how it will look on the final page:

preview.png

@Nicholas Weeks ~

There is set of parentheses on to the right of your reply box that toggles the BB code. If you click that, you will find that you are able to add and remove blank lines easily. Just click it again to get to the previous view that will show what it will look like after posting.

I found the BB function in upper right [ ]. Did not see how it works, but when I posted a poem it came out with no line gaps!! Many Tnx

Back