108 ft. long, 3.5 ft. think incense stick for Ayodhya

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru.
Reaction score
108 feet, 3.5 feet thick incense stick on way to Ayodhya. It is supposed to burn for one and a half month.

Incense-stick.jpg

😳 Big one thar ...

Last edited:
Carrying it from Gujarat to Ayodhya will be more costly than making it. The basic ingredient is cow-dung.

Carrying it from Gujarat to Ayodhya will be more costly than making it. The basic ingredient is cow-dung.
I guess it breaks quite easily if mishandled?

Yeah, it will need to be carried to Ayodhya very carefully. I do not know how will it be done, but Gujarat business people can do magic.
It could be carried in smaller lengths and the same mixture could be applied to join it. Then they can dry the joints. When it will burn, it will be in a horizontal position. The portions can be supported as in the image. I do not think it will be installed upright. That too will require support What is it which cannot be done with a little ingenuity?
In India, this kind of ingenuity is known as 'Jugaad'. That means completing the work by uncommon ways at low cost. It is part of life.

Reactions: RJM
One has to wonder why they didn't transport the materials to Ayodhya and build it there.

Also, I'm guessing it's not hand-rolled like my HEM Sandalwood. ;)

One has to wonder why they didn't transport the materials to Ayodhya and build it there.

Also, I'm guessing it's not hand-rolled like my HEM Sandalwood. ;)
You are right. They should have done this and might have made it even longer.
No it is not hand rolled. The inner seems solid, sort of made with a pipe which can open up at the middle.
But the outer surface is burning faster. I do not think it will last long. They have reduced their prediction to 21 days from one and a half month.
However, it does not matter. There faith and belief made them make it, spending some 6,000 USD on it and more for transportation.

Reactions: RJM
Back