Did Jesus rise from the death?

Yahweh kid

I am blessed!
Reaction score
I believe there are testimonies from witnesses that Jesus rose from the death....

Jesus’ tomb was empty on the first Easter Day and Jesus appeared alive to many people after his death. I guess you can deny these testimonies, but I don't believe a person will die for a false testimony , so it just make sense to me that these witnesses did not lie, for they were prepared to die for theirs.

So my friends, according to these witnesses there is life after death...and that is what I believe.

Be blessed

1 Corinthians 15:12-18
"12 Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. 14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. 15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise. 16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished."

I believe there are testimonies from witnesses that Jesus rose from the death....

Jesus’ tomb was empty on the first Easter Day and Jesus appeared alive to many people after his death. I guess you can deny these testimonies, but I don't believe a person will die for a false testimony , so it just make sense to me that these witnesses did not lie, for they were prepared to die for theirs.

So my friends, according to these witnesses there is life after death...and that is what I believe.

Be blessed

"12 Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. 14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. 15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise. 16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished."
Not to mention when He died the graves opened up and Saints were resurrected and appeared in Jerusalem. Imagine witnessing that! People tend to gloss over that one.

Did Jesus rise from the death?

Hmmm...abrahamic section... so @Yahweh kid are you welcoming opposing viewpoints from Muslims and Jews? Or would you like this (post deleted) and the thread moved to Christian section?

I believe:
Yes, this is all part of the delicate use of allusion and parables in Scripture.
"if...then...and we are found false witnesses of God,..."
"if... Christ is not risen, your faith is futile;
"if ...then Christ is not risen."
"if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!"

Paul seems to be emphasizing the hint that this resurrection teaching was forced by the use of Jesus as a substitute for the Jewish and polytheistic animal sacrifices. This was required for unified Roman religion.

Notice how he starts off with "...how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?" as a segue.

He also says that "if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen". He doesn't say the opposite. He doesn't say that if Christ is not risen, there is no resurrection of the dead.

We don't see an emphatic statement that Jesus rose from the dead. We see multiple non-committal wishy-washy "if...then..." statements. This is typical of hint-hint parables. The plethora of these statements can be a hint-hint for the church leaders.

Paul also said that he lies: Romans 3:7 "But if through my lie God 's truth abounds to his glory,..."
So "if...then...and we are found
false witnesses of God,..." hint-hint, wink-wink

So rather than seeing this a confirmation of the resurrection, one can see it as an admonition by Paul, to be moral, because there actually is no "free ticket". (hint-hint)

I have a Christian background and I always "believed" but still, the teachings and symbols had an emptiness to it, as if something missing. Now, I see much differently. Much of the new testament and Roman church practice is a form of pseudo-monotheism in a religion that attempted to unite Jews and polytheists. The Jewish people didn't cooperate. I once wondered how they can reject Jesus etc. I would try to "help" them, but now I agree more with basic monotheistic Jewish theology than Christian trinitarianism.

Last edited:
Back