Compromising the BIBLE and the Lord Jesus

B

Bandit

I just did a search on defining Christianity. Out of 30 defintions not one of them fit me. A couple were close but no cigar. So maybe I do not belong in the general assembly of what is considered Christianity today.

So I made up my own.:)

1)I am a firm believer in all the teachings in the 66 books of the bible and hold them above all other books and on occasion, equal to other writings, but never below.

2)Jesus is Lord and Savior and that through his death burial and resurrection and the shedding of his blood there is remission of sins and eternal life. According to the Jn 17 and the book of Acts, all of what Jesus began to both do and teach was carried out in full force by the Apostles after Jesus ascended into heaven which began at Jerusalem on the Day of Pentecost.

3) I do not hold what Jesus said and taught above any other teaching in the bible. I consider the bible all ONE word and one scripture.

Now, if anyone should ask me to compromise this for another belief system that leaves the Bible (prophets and apostles) and Jesus as Lord and Savior out, I will not do it. Not now and not ever.

I do not ask others to compromise there beliefs or preach at them what they do not want to hear. I feel I am extremely and overly tolerant of listening to others...to the point that longsuffering with them becomes an obstacle. Often in answering someones question I am straight forward and blunt because I often see the possible direction of it becoming a compromise or debatable issue that I will not debate or compromise.

My point being, Christianity being defined from my point of view is not tolerated the same way other beliefs and religions are tolerated. Often, Bible believers are being asked to compromise or conform to what others believe, which I am never going to do.

Why should I have to give up my standard and understanding in the bible, just because someone else does not like the Bible or will not accept that Jesus is Lord and Savior?

Am I asking others to give up there beliefs? No I do not.
Do I accept others beliefs that right out deny the bible and Jesus as Lord and/or as being equal to that of the bible or Jesus as Lord? No I do not because this would be a compromise.
Do I tolerate others beliefs? Yes I try to because I feel at least in part what they may be trying to say has some truth in it.

Jesus was the most loving and forgiving man ever. At the same time he was not a whimpy man and he did not hesitate to call someone a devil and a liar when he was approached. He made it very clear not every way is the right way.

Jesus be the Lord of all. For if He is not Lord of everything then he is not Lord at all.

Sure would like to have a peek at those 30 questions:cool:

And as far as the post goes I think I could row in that boat and we arrive at the same port.

Basstian said:
Sure would like to have a peek at those 30 questions:cool:

And as far as the post goes I think I could row in that boat and we arrive at the same port.
I could bring in the Titanic...hey, it's possible! :D

Funnin' ya Bandit.

v/r

Q

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;

first i should say this verse has been on my mind for the last 3 days and when i saw it in your sig, i was truly blessed and want you to know that i am also not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:) . as for the other definitions that i came across, it was not even funny what people were saying. I am seeing a whole sect of new poppers *scary* out there claiming Christian but has nothing or little to do with the bible and Jesus as Lord.

they even have this one out called Atheist-Christian

this is the only one that really even came close.

One who fully trusts the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ as the only substitutionary sacrifice for their sin and sins. (An admittedly over-simplified definition.)
Hey Q bring that Titanic. I saw Navy ships in the Mayport Navy base up close several times and was always in wonder at how that is going to be when Jesus comes back for his people. No one is going to stop him from coming. Come to take his people home.

He that shall come WILL come.

"Hold the fort! for I am coming", Jesus answers still
Wave the answer back to heaven, by Gods grace you bet we will:)

Bandit, I'm quite sure that I'd be close to one of those 30 definitions that you rejected. I tend toward the liberal-universalist side of things, and find Buddhist teachings to be quite helpful in illuminating my spiritual journey.

But I do commend you on your statement of faith. You've simply and directly cut to the core of traditional Christian belief, abandoned the excess baggage, and I have nothing but respect for your position. Thank you for your offering!

BluejayWay said:
Bandit, I'm quite sure that I'd be close to one of those 30 definitions that you rejected. I tend toward the liberal-universalist side of things, and find Buddhist teachings to be quite helpful in illuminating my spiritual journey.

But I do commend you on your statement of faith. You've simply and directly cut to the core of traditional Christian belief, abandoned the excess baggage, and I have nothing but respect for your position. Thank you for your offering!
Hey Bluejay. Thank You. I respect you and love you also -i dont even know you-lol. I have been obeserving the trends around the world closely since the late 70s. I went to look for a definition and none of them were full of any power, love and grace of the Lord Jesus or the written Word so I had to make my own. Growing up it was called being Christ-like and that was all we needed back then...seemed it was enough and everyone understood the rest.
I think there are some good teachers out there from eastern thought that help keep people on track if you get a good one, you will know right away.

I want to stay close to Calvary and never let go of Gods unchanging hand building my hope on things eternal.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in his wonderful face
and the things of earth, will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.

I have been thinking about Christianity and what it means to me at the core of its essence.

Acceptance, allowing, ascension, alpha, apostles, angels
Beloved of GOD, Bride of Christ, Brotherhood of Man, Bliss, Blessings
Compassion, caring, charity, courage, christ consciousness, contemplation, creation, children
Devotion, dedication, disciples, divinity
Equality, equanimity, equilibrium, earth, energy
Forgiveness, faith, friendship
GOD's grace, generosity of spirit, giving, goodness
Hope, heart, Holy Spirit, healing, heaven
Integrity
Jesus Christ, joy
Kindness, Kin
Love, light, life, Lionhearts
Mother, miracles, melchizedek, mary
Nurturing
Omnipotence, Omega, Omnipresence, Omniscience, Omniscient
Peace, purity, patience, prosperity of spirit, prayer, path, planet, people
Quality
Righteousness, resurrection, road
Strength, soul, spirit, soldality, salvation, serenity, self-mastery, saints
Truth, tenacity, tenderness, transparency
Unification, unity
Victory
Wholeness, Will of GOD, Way
Yielding
Zealous, zero judgement

But most of all EQUALITY FOR ALL THROUGH LOVE.

And it seems from the BBC's website on the programme about the 'Soul of Britain' it is this promise of Equality for all that converted the British people to Christianity.

"When Christianity first came to Britain, the country was in turmoil with a superstitious population worshipping its own set of Gods, both Roman and Pagan. With Iron Age Britons at the mercy of the natural world, people felt beholden to their local Gods, making sacrifices in the hope of staving off famine and disease.

Into this world of conflict and fear came a mysterious new cult, brought by crafts people and traders arriving in London from the Roman Empire. Christianity started as a religion of the Roman urban working class and the new idea it offered, that all people were 'equals', was radical and shocking to a society comfortable with slavery.

Peter Owen-Jones by the statue of Constantine infront of York MinsterDespite intermittent periods of persecution by the Romans, Christianity survived and became the force that bound Britain together as it emerged from the Dark Ages. By the Middle Ages, the Christian faith was embedded in British life. It dominated life from cradle to grave; until Henry VIII's Reformation unleashed a fury that shook the country and ended in Civil War.

The Battle for Britain's Soul provides an extraordinary insight into this country's past. Pete Owen-Jones re-visits the sites where history was made and brings to life the stories of ordinary people who sacrificed themselves for the sake of their faith. It's a tale of confrontation and conversion, politics and power, and survival against all the odds."

Christs LOVE of Equality will WIN in the END

Love beyond measure

Kim xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Back