The 4 mudhabs..

muslima

Reaction score
I have heard lot of difference between sunni and shia muslims beliefs i have one question regarding shite belief...
"In there most authentic hadeeth saying that satan swore allegiance to abu bakr in the mosque when he became a calipha" can some one explain to me.

I want to know about the 4 mudhabs ie.Hanafee, Shafee, Malakee and hanbalee" what do they mean on what basis are they differentiated..and when did the discremination start?

damn i dont even belive in all these interpretations.. if Islam preaches equality, then they all dont need to exist, Shia/Sunni concept.. etc. my first and foremost belive is in Allah, Quran and then his Prophet(SAW)

muslima said:
I have heard lot of difference between sunni and shia muslims beliefs i have one question regarding shite belief...
"In there most authentic hadeeth saying that satan swore allegiance to abu bakr in the mosque when he became a calipha" can some one explain to me.

I want to know about the 4 mudhabs ie.Hanafee, Shafee, Malakee and hanbalee" what do they mean on what basis are they differentiated..and when did the discremination start?
I guess a shiite would answer that allegation about the hadith.
regarding the 4 madhabs.. its a long story but there is no discrimination. There are some followers of these schools of thought (not sects) who get too emotional and over-protective at times but they were all great scholars who gave rulings in jurisprudence in the light of the Quran and the Sunnah. As i explained in another thread:
Abu Haneefah said: “This is my opinion, but if there comes someone whose opinion is better than mine, then accept that.” Maalik said: “I am only human, I may be right or I may be wrong, so measure my words by the Qur’aan and Sunnah.” Al-Shaafa’i said: “If the hadeeth is saheeh, then ignore my words. If you see well established evidence, then this is my view.” Imam Ahmad said: “Do not follow me blindly, and do not follow Maalik or al-Shaafa’i or al-Thawri blindly. Learn as we have learned.” And he said, “Do not follow men blindly with regard to your religion, for they can never be safe from error.”
Some were even students of another at some time as well... so there is no discrimination but only difference of opinion. Sometimes they agreed and sometimes they didnt.
Will see what i can find more for you.
hope this helped.
And Allah knows best.

thanks for explaining thipps.
here is a hadith of RasoolAllah (Salallahu alayhi wasalam) fully...in which he told us which sect would be guided correctly! ...and that is :

The Prophet (peace be upon him) says: “My community will experience everything that the Children of Israel had experienced, following in their footsteps exactly, so much so that if one of their number had approached his mother publicly for sex, one of my community will do the same. The Children of Israel divided into 72 sects. My community will divide into 73 sects, and all of them will be in the Hellfire except one.”

The people asked him: “And which one will that be?”

He replied: “The one that follows what I and my Companions are upon right now.”

The most important aspects of Islam - "follow what I and my companions are upon right now" - The Sunnah of RasoolAllah (Salallahu alayhi wasalam).
If we as muslims went BACK to the sunnah of RasoolAllah (salallahu alayhi wasalam) we wouldnt have "different sects follow the book according to their own understanding."...Rather we would understand Islam according to how RASOOLALLAH (Salallahu alayhi wasalam) understood Islam....and we would understand Islam according to how The Companions of RasoolAllah.
I would like to be a true muslim and not divide into division when everything if from one basic source Allah and so is islam then why divide belief.

muslima said:
thanks for explaining thipps.
here is a hadith of RasoolAllah (Salallahu alayhi wasalam) fully...in which he told us which sect would be guided correctly! ...and that is :

The Prophet (peace be upon him) says: “My community will experience everything that the Children of Israel had experienced, following in their footsteps exactly, so much so that if one of their number had approached his mother publicly for sex, one of my community will do the same. The Children of Israel divided into 72 sects. My community will divide into 73 sects, and all of them will be in the Hellfire except one.”

The people asked him: “And which one will that be?”

He replied: “The one that follows what I and my Companions are upon right now.”

The most important aspects of Islam - "follow what I and my companions are upon right now" - The Sunnah of RasoolAllah (Salallahu alayhi wasalam).
If we as muslims went BACK to the sunnah of RasoolAllah (salallahu alayhi wasalam) we wouldnt have "different sects follow the book according to their own understanding."...Rather we would understand Islam according to how RASOOLALLAH (Salallahu alayhi wasalam) understood Islam....and we would understand Islam according to how The Companions of RasoolAllah.
I would like to be a true muslim and not divide into division when everything if from one basic source Allah and so is islam then why divide belief.
salaam,
yes you are right about the hadith.. that it explains what the correct manhaj [methodology] is regarding interpretation. If this is left, then anybody can say anything. I explained this in another thread... ill copy the text here as it is relevant.
When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) spoke of the ummah splitting into seventy-three groups, he said that they would all be in Hell apart from one; the one which follows the same path as him and his companions [Sahaabah]. This is the standard, so we have no choice but follow in the footsteps of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them). It is not sufficient for a person to quote a hadeeth and say that it is saheeh, then use that as evidence to support his madhhab or his point of view according to his own understanding of that hadeeth; rather what he should do is to research whether the Sahaabah understood this hadeeth in this manner or not.
This is the criterion which divides those who really follow the truth from others. This means referring the interpretation of Islam to our righteous forebears, the Sahaabah and those who followed them in truth, for they are the best and most knowledgeable of this ummah, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said.
Anyone who examines the groups that have deviated from the Straight Path will see that they have confused the people by quoting a verse or a hadeeth out of context, so that people think that they are following the Qur’aan and Sunnah, but they cannot prove that this is the way in which the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) understood these texts.
Those who distort the attributes of Allaah, those who worship graves and circumambulate them, those who dance in dhikr, those who deny the divine will and decree (al-qadar), those who say that the Qur’aan was created, and other deviant beliefs and ways, none of them claim that his belief is the same as the belief of the Companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Even if they claim that they have a verse or hadeeth to support them, they cannot prove that their interpretation is the same as that of those who witnessed the revelations and heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), namely the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them).
This is an important and precise standard by means of which a person can know whether what he hears and reads of beliefs and ways whose proponents say is true guidance, is in fact true or false.
Hope this helped.
And Allah knows best.

Thanks once again thipps for explaining it so well..Jazakallaah khair.

Back