Angels

iBrian

Peace, Love and Unity
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I want to give this important subject its very own thread, rather than let it be hidden in another topic.

So to quote from Who is "The Adversary" and is it a real entity?

Skeptic44 said:
I've seen the term "angels" described as less correct than "Messengers" - is that what you're talking about? These restricted, limited beings that have no free will and can only carry out the job they were assigned???

I'll try to get back today with some specific information on the development of the whole topic of Angels, as described through European literature over the past few centuries.

I love the idea of angles. I don't know if its just fantasy though. If there's a God then is there really something inbetween? Is it just a Christian belief as well?

The concept of messengers of God in Judaism always confused me. The Hebrew Bible totally glosses over them, leading the extra-biblical books, etc.

Other than that I have no idea what to think of angels. Well, except that European artists were clearly all gay, what with the decidely nude preteen male revisioning of the cherubim.

I said:
I want to give this important subject its very own thread, rather than let it be hidden in another topic.

So to quote from Who is "The Adversary" and is it a real entity?

I'll try to get back today with some specific information on the development of the whole topic of Angels, as described through European literature over the past few centuries.
I, myself, do not believe The Adversary is in disagreement with God.

Even Chaos has a pattern and is necessary to achieve a Physical state.

I really wanted to explore this concept much deeper before.

skeptic44 said:
I've seen the term "angels" described as less correct than "Messengers" - is that what you're talking about? These restricted, limited beings that have no free will and can only carry out the job they were assigned???
I belive both terms 'angel' and 'messenger' are correct. As we usually speak about our Guardian Angel and not our Guardian Messenger. This means only they have differents assignements.

A restricted and limited being is the human being and not an angel/ a messenger. That's why they are on a superior level of existance.

I believe also they have a free will, but they have chosen to surrender their free will to God. Not all angels are still with God, some of them had chosen the other side, the dark one. Remember the fallen one ?

Could you describe Jesus as a restricted and limited being only because he had chosen to surrender his free will to God and he let himself killed to fulfill the job assigned long before his birthday ? I don't think so. He was born as Jesus, but he became the Christ as a consequence of his completly surrender in the hands of God.

I have no idea how angels look like, but I know one think. Sometime when I'm ready to do a stupid think, I can feel something touching my arm as a warning to stop. And I don't regret a bit every time I listen. :)

Back