Quran Prophecy

bus909

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just have small thing that's been on my mind. A while back on the forums where I usually post on a Muslim member said somthing about a prophecy, I asume in the Quran, about ''someone rising out of the chaos'' It stuck in my mind so I was wondering if someone knows what he was refering too or could point me in the direction of the relevant text.

If you post on Muslim forums as I do, you must have noticed that Sunni Muslims do not have one holy book but about four: the Quran, the two Sahis of Bukhari and Muslim and Hadith Qudsi.
The "someone rising from the chaos" may come from any of those books.

mansio said:
If you post on Muslim forums as I do, you must have noticed that Sunni Muslims do not have one holy book but about four: the Quran, the two Sahis of Bukhari and Muslim and Hadith Qudsi.

ahh I was thinking there must be more books, I've never been on a Muslim forum before, The guy who posted that used to post on an Irish forum I was on.

You're right Bus I misunderstood you. At the moment on Muslim forums there is an interest in the coming Mahdi. It may have something to do with that.

mansio said:
You're right Bus I misunderstood you. At the moment on Muslim forums there is an interest in the coming Mahdi. It may have something to do with that.

Thanks mansio. This might be it.

mansio said:
No, there is only one per say. Only, the Quran is the Word of God. Bukhari and Muslim are hadith books (not the Word of God) and Hadith Qudsi are a type of hadith. Where did you get this classification anyway?

bus909 said:
Hello everyone. I just have small thing that's been on my mind. A while back on the forums where I usually post on a Muslim member said somthing about a prophecy, I asume in the Quran, about ''someone rising out of the chaos'' It stuck in my mind so I was wondering if someone knows what he was refering too or could point me in the direction of the relevant text.
yes, it was probably Imam Mahdi that he was referring to. There are a few threads in this forum on the issue.. better to simply go through them. I'll paste the link below. Hope this helps.
http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4148
http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3584

Thipps

Try to limit the Word of God on the Quran and you will see the reactions !
I'll take only one example, the veil. In the Quran God doesn't ask women to conceal their hair. He mentions one body part the breasts that must be covered, not the hair.
When you show that Word of God to Muslims, many will answer you that they don't follow that, but the Hadith which tell all the female body must be covered except the face and hands.

mansio said:
Thipps

Try to limit the Word of God on the Quran and you will see the reactions !
I'll take only one example, the veil. In the Quran God doesn't ask women to conceal their hair. He mentions one body part the breasts that must be covered, not the hair.
When you show that Word of God to Muslims, many will answer you that they don't follow that, but the Hadith which tell all the female body must be covered except the face and hands.
You didnt answer my question, so i have to assume that its your own.
btw, the example you sighted... the verse doesnt mention any specific body part. And they will never say that they dont follow it... you must have misunderstood. The ahaadith explain the Quran... thats simply it. Thats what the guy was trying to tell you... you just misunderstood him.
I strongly suggest you not go around telling people that Islam has 4 holy books. Im surprised that you still havent grasped the basics considering the time you spend on this forum.

Thipps

I was refering, from memory, to Quran 24:31 which mentions "3alaa juyuubihinna" "on/over/against their bosoms".
I've been on Muslim forums this year at least one hour every day, and I had arguings over the veil prescriptions.
All the Muslims from the forums, male or female, didn't follow the sensible Quranic prescription that women must only dress properly, without details being given (which allows God's prescription to apply to all countries and all times), but dismissed my point by saying they obeyed only to the Hadith prescription.
They consider God's words to be also in the Hadith even if it is relayed by the Prophet, which is exactly the same for them. Isn't the Quran itself also relayed by the Prophet by the way ?
I tell you again, try to reduce God's word to the sole Quran and you will see the reactions!

Greetings Mansio,

Following the hadith is to follow the Quran, as Allah says in the Quran to accept whatever the Prophet Muhammed [sm] says and to follow him, and the hadiths are the sayings of the Prophet Muhammed [sm].

Hadiths are also the 'interpretation' of the Quran.

PEACE.

Muslims follow God's word, whether in the Quran or in the Hadith. We all agree on that.

mansio said:
Muslims follow God's word, whether in the Quran or in the Hadith. We all agree on that.
The only further thing i'd say is that if you meant ignoring the Sunnah when you mentioned reducing God's Word to the Quran only, then yes... that'll get you a very strong reaction.

Back