Original Sin doctrine

Manji2012

Reaction score
Does Islam accept this doctrine? Does Islam reject this doctrine? Please share your Islam's and your perspective of this doctrine. THank You.

Hi Manji

The simple is; no we dont have such a doctrine in our teachings, for we beleive that no-man shares in anothers sin, unless they have influenced it, instigated it, partook in it, etc, in any way.

All of mankind were just mere seeds? in Adam's body when Adam [as] made that mistake, so we had nothnig to do with it whatsoever!.

Also, Muslims beleive that Adam [as] did not commit a sin by eating that forbidden fruit, but a mere mistake.

Hope that helps

peace.

Slaam for all

We Muslims on the other hand, agree that GOD Almighty became very upset from Adam and his wife Eve, but He the Almighty then forgave them and gave Adam peace be upon him Divine Revelations, thus Adam became Allah Almighty's first Messenger and Prophet. We don't believe that who ever came before Jesus will end up in Hell. Islam didn't start with Muhammad peace be upon him. No, Islam started with Adam! So everyone who followed the Message of the Messenger of GOD Almighty that was sent to his people is considered a Muslim and will end up in Paradise.
To my Jewish and Christian readers, here is a Message that Allah Almighty wants you to read:
"Say: 'O People of the Book (i.e., Jews and Christians)! Come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah.' If then they turn back, say ye: 'Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).' (The Noble Quran, 3:64)"

:)

Slaam for all

We Muslims on the other hand, agree that GOD Almighty became very upset from Adam and his wife Eve, but He the Almighty then forgave them and gave Adam peace be upon him Divine Revelations, thus Adam became Allah Almighty's first Messenger and Prophet. We don't believe that who ever came before Jesus will end up in Hell. Islam didn't start with Muhammad peace be upon him. No, Islam started with Adam! So everyone who followed the Message of the Messenger of GOD Almighty that was sent to his people is considered a Muslim and will end up in Paradise.
To my Jewish and Christian readers, here is a Message that Allah Almighty wants you to read:
"Say: 'O People of the Book (i.e., Jews and Christians)! Come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah.' If then they turn back, say ye: 'Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).' (The Noble Quran, 3:64)"

:)

Assalamu'alaikum,

Anyone got any views on the following in regards to Original Sin?

SAHIH MUSLIM

Book 008, Number 3471:
Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Had it not been for Eve, woman would have never acted unfaithfully towards her husband.
Book 008, Number 3472:
Hammam b. Munabbih said: These are some of the ahadith which Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrated to us from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and one of these (this one): Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Had it not been for Bani Isra'il, food would not have become stale, and meal would not have gone bad; and had it not been for Eve, a woman would never have acted unfaithfully toward her husband.

it is us who corrupt our selves. Islam gives the Muslims time to grow up and be able to use our rationality .
Assalamu'alaikum,

What is the determining factor, is it age or maturity? And can you give some text in regards to this?
Anyone got any views on the following in regards to Original Sin?
Had it not been for Eve, woman would have never acted unfaithfully towards her husband.
Yes, is the same said for Adam? It appears man is much more the problem in this regard.

What is the determining factor, is it age or maturity? And can you give some text in regards to this? Yes, is the same said for Adam? It appears man is much more the problem in this regard.
[/INDENT]

Hi Wil. I remember reading (apart from Scripture, that is) that Eve blamed the serpent, Adam blamed Eve, and we've all been blaming each other for everything ever since ... do not our children cry "It wasn't my fault!"

In the words of Kurt Vonnegut ... "so it goes ... "

Surely the first message of Jesus is ... "I forgive you ... "

... and in the words of that famous English sage, Tommy Cooper:
Man: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." (raises arm).
Doctor: "Well, don't do it, then."

Ah me, the simple lessons are always the hardest.

Thomas

The simple is; no we dont have such a doctrine in our teachings, for we beleive that no-man shares in anothers sin, unless they have influenced it, instigated it, partook in it, etc, in any way.

All of mankind were just mere seeds? in Adam's body when Adam [as] made that mistake, so we had nothnig to do with it whatsoever!.

Also, Muslims beleive that Adam [as] did not commit a sin by eating that forbidden fruit, but a mere mistake.

Hope that helps

peace.

Wait... how are we going to find a way to punish people if we can't make them fell guilty then?

Back