Why you believe that non-vegetarian

As I have said before ---Ahimsa breeds ahimsa
Here is the beginning of the statistical proof:

Remember the phrase "Follow the Money"?
Well I am saying, remember the phrase "Follow the Karma"!

Thus we have a complete historical encapsulated quarantined event that can be statistically charted as to the 'cause & effect' chain-of-reactions along with the originating locales on a world map:

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/god-and-god-know-ye-15025-9.html#post268923

Eskimos have a hundred words for snow-(flakes) ---we have a hundred for killing:

"Oh maybe in a Hundred years . . . there will be peace in all the world" --from the play "Three Sisters" cir 1880's by Anton Chekhov.

Those were the hopefull decades of enlightened intelligensia ---but alas, it was simply wishfull thinking by those that were exempt from being born amongst the lower classes of the era ---but there was those in the know, ie: Waldo Emerson, Upton Sinclair ("The Jungle") and how about Dickens:

Charles Dickens’ 19th Century English novel “Oliver Twist” [about the orphan boy named Oliver] starts with the Schoolmaster of the orphan-asylum arriving at the home of the new foster parents, inorder to the retrieve Oliver whose tantrums had made trouble for himself and his newest adopting parents. Upon arriving at the home, the Schoolmaster unlocked the closet whence the boy was arrested by the parent. As he drags the boy back to the orphanage the Schoolmaster scolded the parents thus, “I told you not to feed the boy meat, I told you to feed him porridge”.

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/the-war-on-vitamins-12816-4.html#post230104

<Note to self: I must write shorter posts>

So Etu, when someone preps a pigs corpse with flavoring ---
HOW DO YOU KNOW IT IS NOT HUMAN FLESH THAT YOU WERE SERVED?

How do they know they were not served Human Flesh?

You have faith Etu!

Correct?

You have faith Etu, that you are not served Human Flesh!
You have faith Etu, that you have NOT been eating Human Flesh!

Why? Because you have faith in strangers!

Correct?

BTW: Would the "Strangers" have faith in your flavored corpse serving?

CHALLENGE QUESTION: Is Raw/Un-cooked* red meat or pork is something you have eaten?

*remember: they are called "Cured Meats".
Well, just between you and me ;) pork doesn't taste anything like human flesh :eek:

Why you believe that non-vegetarian food should not be eaten?
What a misconception! I am a brahmin (kashmiri). I love non-vegetarian food. It is not against my tradition. Our tradition offers flesh to Shiva and Mother Goddess. The warriors and shudras had no injunction that they should only be vegetarians. The kings used to go on hunts (Akheta). In Vedas, Indra loves bull's meat. Sages used to eat non-vegetarian food (Durvasa).

Of course, all that was subject to personal decisions. Some people would like to be vegetarian. My grandson does not relish non-vegetarian food. We hope that he would pick up as he grows. Sometimes people will turn vegetarian as their age advances.

That eating non-vegetarian food or engaging in its business is not against 'dharma' was decided thousands of years ago in the story of 'Dharma Vyadha' (the pious butcher) in SrimadBhgawat Purana. A pious and learned brahmin was sent to the butcher to learn 'dharma' (Will provide more details if requested).

What a misconception! I am a brahmin

That eating non-vegetarian food or engaging in its business is not against 'dharma'

This tamasic propaganda is what will [and what has] cause the further destruction of India's Sovereignty.

Your statements represent avidya.

You are slandering the Brahminical Order in the midst of Kali-yuga.

Here's some good advice: "Repent, repent the end is near"

You are causing atma-ha left right and in all the other 8 directions.

If you a brahmin posting at seventy from India.
Stop. Start prayascitta immediately.

Run to the ashrama and Chant Hare Krishna and control your tongue.

your Well-wisher,
Bhaktajan

What can I do? It is the tradition in my family and community. Should I abandon my tradition? 'Dharma Vyadha' did not know of any God or 'dharma'. He provided people with good quality meat at reasonable prices. He took care of his employees. He served his parents well. He took care of his wife and children. Selling meat was his family tradition. When asked by brahmin Kapila, he said he does not know anything other than this. That is 'dharma'. Hare-Krishna.

Kapila asked 'Dharma Vyadha' if selling meat was not 'himsa'. 'Dharma Vyadha' asked Kapila if he did not use vegetables and if vegetables were not living? He also asked if Kapila knew how many life forms he inadvertently ingested by mouth in normal living? 'Dharma Vyadha' said that it was impossible to escape 'himsa'. Our scriptures say 'Jeevo jeevasya bhojanam' (one life form is food for another).Remember, these questions were put some 2,000 years ago. If somebody avoids 'himsa', it is certainly appreciated.

Doesn't it make more sense to be concerned only about 'conscious/cognitive/self-aware' life forms? We all need certain bacteria in our bodies in order to exist, we cannot even move without destroying a life form.

If one wants 'ahimsa', then 'conscious/cognitive/self-aware' life forms or those not, do not matter. The rule should be the same for both. But it is true that we cannot exist without destroying other life-forms.

Vegitarian and nonvegitarian has nothinng to do with dhamma. My question can answer you best...

Why do you believe human meat shoul not be eaten???
Have you ever tested?? Plz test and make habbit, hope you will start liking.

We should stop all kind of nonsence justifications, not perticullar. All kind of violence should be stopped.

www.royalmonk.in your personal tour guide in india

Who said non-vegetarian food should not be eaten? The more important thing is tradition of the family. As Indogenes said, even some of the Rajputs are vegetarians as they are vaishnavas (worshipers of Lord Vishnu). How about hambergers? :)

The more important thing is tradition of the family.

Important for what? To maintain to path to moksha?

For what 'Higher' purpose should a soul accumulate endless BAD KARMA by continuing in illicit acts of ruination?

Do you not see how you declared some ACTIONS GOOD --and-- some others Bad ... but you forsake referencing the scriptural injuction.

Again I quote this fellow I found on the web that said the following ---that I agree 100% [btw, it is NOT me posting under a different name].
He says things more eloquently than I ever do, so it is:

Yes, you should be vegetarian. Unless you are participating in a grand animal-sacrifice in any of the ages prior to the Kali-Yuga, one that is administered by qualified brahmins whose spiritual potency is such that their mantras can cause the soul of the animal to be elevated to the status of a human being or deva, then you should be on a 100% lacto-vegetarian or vegan diet. One cannot expect liberation when one ignores the rules and regulations of scripture (see gItA 16.23-24).

More to the point, one is supposed to eat only food offered in sacrifice (see gItA 3.13). Any other foodstuff, even vegetarian food stuff, will cause one to accrue sin.

We have lots of dharma-shAstras and other smRtis which spell out rules and regulations on things like marriage, eating, sex, sleeping, cleanliness, etc. This is Reality. Most orthodox Hindus will follow one set of rules or another, and each set of rules will differ slightly from one source to another. There are also differences of rules with regards to different varnas (castes) and different genders. However, the point is, the rules are clearly there, and they aren't put in place just so we can ignore them.

Following of rules is not an end in and of itself. It is how we follow the path of sense control and good living so that we can qualify ourselves for liberation. One has to understand that the self is the soul and not the body. As long as one identifies with the body, one cannot understand this. Without controlling the senses, there is no question of attaining self-realization. And as long as one has a body and material desires, one has got to follow rules to avoid behaviors which increase the tendency towards bodily identification.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of Hindus who advocate the neo-Hindu revisionist idea of "we have no rules and regulations." Mostly, I think this is a reaction to Christianity and Islam rather than an objective statement based on fact. It's similar to the claim that Hinduism supposedly accepts all other religions, also an idea
based on inter-religious interaction and also not supported by fact.

<DIV><STRONG>I don't know why we have so much difficulty saying that "yes you should be vegetarian" and "meat-eating is generally considered sinful." These points have come up again and again in my readings of shAstra.

Let's have a show of hands. How many people participating in this thread are 100% true, lacto-vegetarians or vegans?

I am.
<FONT color=#000000>

Aupmanyav said:
The more important thing is tradition of the family.
Important for what? To maintain to path to moksha? .. For what 'Higher' purpose should a soul accumulate ..
Tradition leads to 'moksha', 'liberation'. I do not believe in existence of soul. There is no accumulation. The account is closed at death. :)

I don't know why we have so much difficulty saying that "yes you should be vegetarian" and "meat-eating is generally considered sinful."
Because meat is nutritious and tasty. Let vegetarians be vegetarians. Why should it be forced on non-vegetarians? The scriptures say 'jeevo jeevasya bhojanam' (living being is food for living being). Nothing against a person who chooses to be a vegetarian, it is appreciated.

Because meat is nutritious and tasty. Let vegetarians be vegetarians. Why should it be forced on non-vegetarians? The scriptures say 'jeevo jeevasya bhojanam' (living being is food for living being). Nothing against a person who chooses to be a vegetarian, it is appreciated.

Please imagine this:

You stand next to me

I hit you over the head with SANATANA-DHARMA . . . You don't know it ---even after I hit you with it.

living being is food for living being

That's a code amongst BEASTS ESPECIALLY.

OTOH, "PRASADAM" (traditional Hindu consecrated foods which MUST NOT be non-veggy) is meant for HUMANS!

We are Humans with higher dharma & facilities to be sublime [vs gross/mundane].

One cannot expect liberation when one ignores the rules and regulations of scripture (see gItA 16.23-24).

More to the point, one is supposed to eat only food offered in sacrifice (see gItA 3.13).

Any other foodstuff, even vegetarian food stuff, will cause one to accrue sin.

Don't you know the basics of preparing PRASHADAM?

---"even vegetarian food stuff, will cause one to accrue sin"---You do recognise where this maxim comes from don't you?

It's from the Gita! Krishna explains how prasadam is offered first as tapasya (via yajna).

WHY DO YOU contend with me?

I am an old man inre my postings.
I have a motive ---evident in the postings themselves.

I KNOW OF WHAT I SPEAK OF ---it is supported by Guru, Sadhu & Sastra.

Well, just between you and me ;) pork doesn't taste anything like human flesh :eek:
How funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jerry Seinfeld made a joke precisely about this:
Jerry says He hates duck because "the skin seems sort of human"
Seinfeld (1993) - S08E06 The Fatigues

Abby: My mentor says the duck is outstanding here.
Jerry: I'm not really a duck fan, the skin seems sort of human.

<It's important to know your Seinfeld>

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ba758cc0-0947-4537-aa44-f37e45bb45d3

a plant does not have a brain, nor does it have a mind, therefore, it may have life but it does not have a consciousness...

What is a Brain, What is a Mind?

Does a sunflower Have a Conscious understanding in how to Follow the Sun? Is this then Life; or is it mere Plantation? A Plant has Cells R those Thinking; is it Sentient in that It gives Life? Does this Mean it has Legs if it Moves by the Groceries Consent? Do we Carry our infant babies? I recon that because it has no limbs as discrimitively As human Thoughts; their roots Move on the Ground Just As We Do Differently; Like Ants Who Never Make it beyond A Miles Journey in their Lifetime; Or Bacteria Which Never Leaves the Host's Surface; Do they then Have Lesser Meaning in Life?

Is Consciousness theirfore the Mindfulness We Give it, if A Lonely Person Who Cries for Help; Never Seem to be Acknowledged For their Cries. Does This Then Make us Conscious? What Will it take that Creation Judges Another of their Importance; That We All Dismiss And Dismiss to Kill What is of OverLoad to the Necessity of Men; Wonder How Much Food is Being Waisted And How Many People Go Hungry? Is that then the Consciousness that Mankind Possesses Over Plant's? And Yet Animals Are Mindful too of their Environment Like Insects And Plant's; But We Raise them up to Make them Companions or for the Feeding of Our Needs. But What of it? Is it Cruel or Wrong? Wrong is if We Are Cruel to them in their Lifetime's And Past it; When We Use them And Abuse them For viciousness Sake. But What of Consuming Animal for Food. Is it Wrong. To the Dilemma of the Food Chain. Animals Are Not only Made for Companionship of Work or Association Relation's; But Also For Digestions of Which Plant's Play A Thuslike Role in unanimousity; Because Animals Eat the Plants We Feed Them, And Man Eaten the Animals We Raise. It is the Cycle of Life; Each being reintegrated into Each Other As An Ever Preserved Memory Which We Shall Keep Alive in our Hindu Tradition's Suffice Use; in The Recollection That All Animal's And Plants Have Life; And Thus Important to the Human EcoSystem; As All Ecosystems have their own Plantation And Necessity of Need in their Importance to Life. We See theirfore that it is not Whether by Believe we consume in spiritual traditions an ancient member of one's family Seen that Parents as such as love, Would give themselves for their children in the time of need; And What is more important then the Nourishment of the Body for all Substances that are Necessary to it's Growth. Granted, Mankind Goes far beyond it in many virtues, But Mankind will answer for it on the Day of reckoning if they have thusby Justified for Any Intake in a haram or halal (Permissible or unpermissible) manner of Foods that were preserved in Kosher or uncosher in accordance to the Cleanliness of thus Consumption Which does not Alter a man in accordance to his Character; Unless his Character is already Presumed in Altering to Begin with. Theirfore is that Which Enters the Mouth not that which causes one to become unclean; But that which in however a manner he Recollects and Thinks and Thusby Speaks. For out of the Abundance of the Heart the Mouth Speaks. In This Then Can we See Cruelty and Reverence in However a Digestion we Consume a Matter into Our Lives; Both Physically and Spiritually. Theirfore with the Plant being Mindful of the Sun; Like the Sunflower. And the Animals that Give Us Companions. Let us move beyond the Sphere of Materialistic Life into the Spiritual Notion of Life; And Clean our hearts and Mind's of the Consumption that Depicts of Killing one's Loved One's of Which all Endeared Beings are Our Family, Friends and Neighbor's; Both Flesh, Flora and Fauna.

We See the Correlation that all Beings Draw their Lives from Everything; Something Else, Like the Ocean that is in need off of it's Water's; or How the Rain Comes Down From the Clouds of the Vapor of the Sky. Yet they are all unanimous Part of the EcoSystem of Life. Theirfore Turn Your Head not on the Killing; But on the Raising of Life, So that we May Perchance never See a Plant; Animal or Humanity Go Extinct. In This Formation Go Look For the Next Best Thing Time Will Tell Humanity May Come About; unsadistic Creation of Food Able to be Digested by Mankind; In Future The World Hopefully Will Flourish with Animals (Livestock); Without the Loose of Plants and Livestock. So that we Produce our own Food and Give Animals a Rest to Roam in the World Freely and Without Fear of being Slaughtered at the Whim of the Human Belly that Ever Growls for Digestion. So Whereas i Weep for the Animals We Slaughter; Far worse is it to Kill Animals for Sheer Game. So if mankind can make use of the Food Chain in an Ever Consisting Cycle. Who Say's Karma won't Permit an Animal to Come back as a Human and Eat an Animal Thus in Return. The Choice is Our's to Choose if we Consider it Worth in Any Way; But by all Mean's- If you Consume Animal Meat's; Be Mindful of the Animal Which Sacrificed for Your Wealth in Well being; Lest You Catch a Decease or Ailment at the Karma's Hand of the Slaughtered Heir.

Always Consider:

Always Consider:
Always consider that folks purchase and read books because they have developed an interest in the author.

What you type may have worth...but I will not know until someone breaks it down in edible chunks.

I may get back to this if folks start actual discussion in response....

But otherwise it falls under.

tldr

Reactions: RJM
Back