The Buddha teaches release from life?

But levels of reality are degrees of wholeness where one exists within the other like the Russian dolls. They exist as relationships between cosmoses as well as within one cosmos. You've heard the old expression that "he can't see the forest for the trees." This is an depiction of two levels of reality within a cosmos.

The universe is also constructed on such levels but as a vertical reality or the quality of the moment.. Time for a higher level of reality for example is experienced much differently than for us on earth.

I get the impression that Needleman's "levels of reality" are just the different "realities" perceived at David R. Hawkins' different "levels of consciousness", nothing else. Quite simple. It is just another wording of the same thing. Nick_A, you should read D.R.Hawkins. Begin with "Power vs Force".

Warning: if you don't like or are skeptic about applied kinesiology, then just skip this in your minde and take all the rest.

I get the impression that Needleman's "levels of reality" are just the different "realities" perceived at David R. Hawkins' different "levels of consciousness", nothing else. Quite simple. It is just another wording of the same thing. Nick_A, you should read D.R.Hawkins. Begin with "Power vs Force".

Warning: if you don't like or are skeptic about applied kinesiology, then just skip this in your minde and take all the rest.

Jacob Needleman is just revealing ancient knowledge. It is the knowledge of being that always was. I haven't read Hawkins but suspect because there is so much of it around, that it is just another modern interpretation that loses the scope and verticality of the big picture. But thanks for the advice. I'll research him.

Jacob Needleman is just revealing ancient knowledge. It is the knowledge of being that always was. I haven't read Hawkins but suspect because there is so much of it around, that it is just another modern interpretation that loses the scope and verticality of the big picture. But thanks for the advice. I'll research him.
No, in the contrary, there is nothing superficial-modern with him. He states that he "translates" ancient knowledge into modern language, without losing the "verticality" as you say, again, on the contrary. For me, he just confirmed all what I've known but could never be sure about it (the same knowledge that you mention in the many excerpts throughout this forum, only that I got it not from your favorite authors but from others, who just say similar things- not necessarily less "deep" - but with different words, sometimes).
He confirmed for me the truth in Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism ("sanatana dharma", that appellation must please you...). As I said, he does not contradict your authors, but on the contrary, confirms with different words, and shows about our world nowadays.
If you look for him: make sure you look for David R., because there are many Hawkins out there!!
Veritas Publishing , for instance:
Veritas Publishing
From the Author of Power vs. Force:

All human endeavors have the common goal of understanding or influencing human experience. To this end, man has developed numerous descriptive and analytical disciplines: Morality, Philosophy, Psychology, and so on. Regardless of what branch of inquiry one starts from—philosophy, political theory, theology—all avenues of investigation eventually converge at a common meeting point: the quest for an organized understanding of the nature of pure consciousness. To explain that which is simple can be difficult indeed. Much of this book is devoted to the process of making the simple obvious. If we can understand even one simple thing in depth, we will have greatly expanded our capacity for comprehending the nature of the universe and life itself.
In my personal view, when people first read things by DRHawkins, they focus too much on Applied Kinesiology, instead of seeing what is the real context/background etc: the understanding of our world, the universe, and beyond.

On that site:
SpiritualWiki - ZitateBuch1
which is a German web-site, you find English quotes (excerpts) of the book "Power vs Force" scrolling down a bit. On the same site on other pages, you'll also find excerpts of other books.
In my view, according to all what you write on this forum, this would be interesting for you. Again, in my view, it is only expanding what you already know.
I wonder if you do "practice" some of what you write, you write about "know Thyself", do you practice anything in order to know "yourself"? Meditation, for the least? Etc?
One may know so many things about the Absolute without never knowing Him. (or It, if you prefer, for some reason I prefer Him.)

No, in the contrary, there is nothing superficial-modern with him. He states that he "translates" ancient knowledge into modern language, without losing the "verticality" as you say, again, on the contrary. For me, he just confirmed all what I've known but could never be sure about it (the same knowledge that you mention in the many excerpts throughout this forum, only that I got it not from your favorite authors but from others, who just say similar things- not necessarily less "deep" - but with different words, sometimes).
He confirmed for me the truth in Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism ("sanatana dharma", that appellation must please you...). As I said, he does not contradict your authors, but on the contrary, confirms with different words, and shows about our world nowadays.
If you look for him: make sure you look for David R., because there are many Hawkins out there!!
Veritas Publishing , for instance:
Veritas Publishing
In my personal view, when people first read things by DRHawkins, they focus too much on Applied Kinesiology, instead of seeing what is the real context/background etc: the understanding of our world, the universe, and beyond.

On that site:
SpiritualWiki - ZitateBuch1
which is a German web-site, you find English quotes (excerpts) of the book "Power vs Force" scrolling down a bit. On the same site on other pages, you'll also find excerpts of other books.
In my view, according to all what you write on this forum, this would be interesting for you. Again, in my view, it is only expanding what you already know.
I wonder if you do "practice" some of what you write, you write about "know Thyself", do you practice anything in order to know "yourself"? Meditation, for the least? Etc?
One may know so many things about the Absolute without never knowing Him. (or It, if you prefer, for some reason I prefer Him.)

Yes, my path has precise methods. It first presents a skeleton of the universe and of our being and invites us to fill it in through impartial self knowledge.

I never speak of it in public because it is meaningless when taken superficially and it doesn't cater to the secular mind but rather begins with the awareness of our nothingness. I would be hurting others if I referred to it in a negative atmosphere since it could develop negative associations in another that could hurt them at a future time.

Hello!
Truth seekers of the world! We are truly the ones really partaking of life! The whole of Eurasia are the decendants of Abrahams' legacy. Buddhism was a Hindu's vision after he had accompished it's vision. The vision of Each of Eurasia's Abrahamic religions all combine to bring us today, after 6000 years to this "supernatual climax called modernity/" Never before has mankind been in such a sucsessful position. Usually mankind can barly suvive. We in the Modern 1st world are the "fruit" of the whole Eurasian plant of God. It all began remember with Adam and Eve in Mesopotamia beginning farming, talking(Adam named the animals Gen.2) and inventing things. After 20 generations of this Abraham sent his third wifes son" of Keturah to the east baring gifts. This happened about 1500BC and the gifts were the Vedas of Hindism. Abraham's children were indeed A Brahman"s children. Then of Course Buddhism.
Why does Buddhism and Hinduism teach that all is Maya, illusion. It is because they , in the full scheme of things live under the ground. Hinduisnm and Buddhism are the root of the plant that has grown from the center of Eurasis. Eurasia has all one culture of Mesopotamian Abraham even having the same original language! The rest of the world has devised their own religions from thier natural surroundings. So Buddhism, does indeed teach that all of this world, for them in the east, is only to be lived as a type of servant. They cannot ;hope for glory and heaven as do we Christians in the 1st world. They were decended from a servant, Keturah. But Jesus said that the Servants will become masters. I'm not underestimating the Buddhist world outlook but examining it and finding it's purpose. dan b

Well, keep looking, d b.

Let us know when you find something.

Back