is it?

I don't wanna discuss, I just wanna bang on my drum all day.

Mee, do you have a thought that doesn't come from the watchtower?

It's just amazing, now matter how small your post, if one puts it in google, the first link is watchtower...

I don't wanna discuss, I just wanna bang on my drum all day.

Mee, do you have a thought that doesn't come from the watchtower?

It's just amazing, now matter how small your post, if one puts it in google, the first link is watchtower...
its good for christians to get the bibles view :)

I read the catechism presented, found it funny that it bashes Catholics throughout and then speaks of not judging in the end.
would you agree that its good to get the bible viewpoint?

would you agree that its good to get the bible viewpoint?
I would, however I would not rely on or reference the watchtower for that viewpoint. That magazine has made many predictions and statements over the years which have not come to pass and seems quite unworthy of my trust.

I would, however I would not rely on or reference the watchtower for that viewpoint. That magazine has made many predictions and statements over the years which have not come to pass and seems quite unworthy of my trust.

its good that i like to see the bibles viewpoint, the bible is the aurthority it sets us straight in more ways than one, and afterall it is supposed to be the book for christians , so is contraception wrong in the bibles viewpoint?

that would depend on if a person followed the bible or followed thoughts of men .

Wow, this is like the Cold War of forum posts, yeah? We all know that Mee is waiting for someone to say that contraception is fine, and I can almost bet that at least one of the rest of you probably thinks that it is fine, but doesn't want to say it because you know full well that Mee is going to weigh in with the book of Genesis which usually turns this debate into a smackdown.

Ok, I'll bite, Mee.

Personally, as a Bible-believing (and, trying as best as I can, following) Christian, I don't see contraception as much of an issue.

There. I just pressed the button. Let's rock!

;)

Pot-stirringly yours,
Marsh

Marsh;172141yeah? We all know that Mee is waiting for someone to say that contraception is fine said:
i think you will find that the thoughts of men say that contraception is wrong, but mee is into only what the bible viewpoint is .

Wow, this is like the Cold War of forum posts, yeah? We all know that Mee is waiting for someone to say that contraception is fine, and I can almost bet that at least one of the rest of you probably thinks that it is fine, but doesn't want to say it because you know full well that Mee is going to weigh in with the book of Genesis which usually turns this debate into a smackdown.

Ok, I'll bite, Mee.

Personally, as a Bible-believing (and, trying as best as I can, following) Christian, I don't see contraception as much of an issue.

There. I just pressed the button. Let's rock!

;)

Pot-stirringly yours,
Marsh
Hehehe! A fellow button-pusher/pot stirrer!
seattlegal-albums-emoticons-picture107-stirthepot.gif

Onan was punished for stealing his brother's inheritance by taking his dead brother's wife and refusing to raise an heir for his brother. His practicing withdrawal as contraception was only a means to an end, not the end in itself.

"Perfection of means and confusion of ends seem to characterize our age."
~Albert Einstein​

the bible does not say that contraception is wrong , but principles are involved when it comes to contraception ,in that some methods of birth control appear to be abortive.

life begins at conception and some forms of contraception would be like abortion , the coil is one of those.

so that would not be in harmony with respect for life

mee is actually waiting for the Catholic veiwpoint, indicating contraception is wrong. The watchtower thread which he has cut and pasted from spends most of its volume Catholic bashing and then lol ends saying we shouldn't judge others.

mee is actually waiting for the Catholic veiwpoint, indicating contraception is wrong. quote]

do the catholics say contraception is wrong? if so why?
Catholics believe in the "rythm method". This implies several things. One of which is knowing your partner's body very well (which implies long intimacy, which implies long partnership or marriage).

The church does not sanction artificial means by which to prevent pregnancy. There are exeptions to the rule (such as pregnancy causing serious health issues to the woman).

But then, the church does not sanction sex outside of marriage either...

Catholic people, don't always agree with the church...

Catholics believe in the "rythm method". This implies several things. One of which is knowing your partner's body very well (which implies long intimacy, which implies long partnership or marriage).

The church does not sanction artificial means by which to prevent pregnancy. There are exeptions to the rule (such as pregnancy causing serious health issues to the woman).

But then, the church does not sanction sex outside of marriage either...

Catholic people, don't always agree with the church...

is it not true then that The Catholic Church teaches that every action designed to impede procreation “is intrinsically evil.” ?

and is it not true that Catholic dogma promotes the idea that each act of sexual intercourse between marriage mates must remain open to pregnancy.

or am i wrong in thinking that ?

of cause the bible does not teach those things at all,but i was just wondering if that was true of the catholic beliefs?

for me i like to stick to the bible ,and it would be up to the married couple if they used contraception or not, as long as it did not go against bible principles, such as aborting as the coil would do

Back