What if?

The US/Canada/Mexico actually consists of three tectonic plates, which can be identified by the peaks that seperate them. The Rockies split west from midwest, and the Appalacia uplands split midwest from east...Casey was a bit off...

Info appreciated.
What shocked me was the ring of fire part. That means the country I originate from sinks, and so does California. Thats a very shocking thought for me :eek::eek:.

Also like a decade ago, in Japan after research supposedly comprising of around 70-80 J scientists, concluded that the earths atmosphere was rising by average of 1 degrees celsius per year. They also claimed that if the average temperature of earth rose more than 7 degrees celsius, the North Pole ice cap would melt causing the sea level to rise and only 150m of Mt. Fuji would show. Well I have my doubts that the average temperature is rising that fast, and even if it were if the sea level would rise that high, but its definately going in that direction.

My grandmother once told me, when I asked her if she thought it was getting hotter, and she said "yes". It was interesting to hear from her that she thought it started happening when we started shooting up satellites. Whether or not the satellites are effecting our atmosphere, when you check into it, we nowadays launch in the hundreds and space debree looks like a cloud of dust around earth. I`m surprised we even can launch anything up into space after I saw that..

TK

Info appreciated.
What shocked me was the ring of fire part. That means the country I originate from sinks, and so does California. Thats a very shocking thought for me :eek::eek:.

Also like a decade ago, in Japan after research supposedly comprising of around 70-80 J scientists, concluded that the earths atmosphere was rising by average of 1 degrees celsius per year. They also claimed that if the average temperature of earth rose more than 7 degrees celsius, the North Pole ice cap would melt causing the sea level to rise and only 150m of Mt. Fuji would show. Well I have my doubts that the average temperature is rising that fast, and even if it were if the sea level would rise that high, but its definately going in that direction.

My grandmother once told me, when I asked her if she thought it was getting hotter, and she said "yes". It was interesting to hear from her that she thought it started happening when we started shooting up satellites. Whether or not the satellites are effecting our atmosphere, when you check into it, we nowadays launch in the hundreds and space debree looks like a cloud of dust around earth. I`m surprised we even can launch anything up into space after I saw that..

TK
Hmmm more good news for you. Tests show that the Arctic Ice caps are back to the height they were back in 1979...yep growing...while Antarctica (which is a real continent below the ice), is warming. hence the sudden change of buzz words in the media from global "warming" to global "climate change"...

The experts have no idea where we are heading from here...:eek::D

Hmmm more good news for you. Tests show that the Arctic Ice caps are back to the height they were back in 1979...yep growing...while Antarctica (which is a real continent below the ice), is warming. hence the sudden change of buzz words in the media from global "warming" to global "climate change"...

The experts have no idea where we are heading from here...:eek::D

If what you say about the Arctic Ice caps are true, I`m relieved. but I`ve not heard a word about anything like that. What are the Eskimos complaining about then?

It is getting hotter and hotter, the heat is creeping slowly north in the northern hemisphere, as evident from Mosquito diseases. At this rate Canada would be just about right in a decade. Greenland is on its way to become an agricultural country, I heard too!

Antarctica getting hotter, could that be volcanic activity?

Well, yes this could all be nothing and just a phase as well. But I am uneasy about the storms and floods (worldwide), warm winters, hot summers etc..

TK

If what you say about the Arctic Ice caps are true, I`m relieved. but I`ve not heard a word about anything like that. What are the Eskimos complaining about then?

It is getting hotter and hotter, the heat is creeping slowly north in the northern hemisphere, as evident from Mosquito diseases. At this rate Canada would be just about right in a decade. Greenland is on its way to become an agricultural country, I heard too!

Antarctica getting hotter, could that be volcanic activity?

Well, yes this could all be nothing and just a phase as well. But I am uneasy about the storms and floods (worldwide), warm winters, hot summers etc..

TK
I don't know man. What I do know is that the American/Canadian Aleuts have lost the ability to judge the seasons because of being influenced by "modern society". I don't mean the annual seasons, but rather the millenial seasons. That art is fast disappearing. And the young are complaining, because they don't know what to do to keep their way of life. Change is the one constant in life, and that is why the Aleuts moved from Asia over to America so long ago...this is nothing new.

I also know this, when ice freezes then thaws then freezes again, what is hanging out on its own is weak and will break off and melt away. (that's why we never played hockey on the lake once a thaw took place followed by a freeze). Moral of the story...stay away from bad ice.

Ok TK, we can't hawk this thread. It's about Islam and other faiths working together in a bad situation. Let's stick to that thought.

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Weren't you watching the President's blessings at St. Andrew's Church today?

Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buhdist and Hindu representatives gave the president their blessing, all under one roof...
No, sir. I didn't see it, however it sounds like a symbolic way for this president to say he's not politically under the sway of any religion. It is the reverse of having a particular religion place a crown on his head.

No, sir. I didn't see it, however it sounds like a symbolic way for this president to say he's not politically under the sway of any religion. It is the reverse of having a particular religion place a crown on his head.
Lol, Dream...only one US president was ever offered a crown...and he spat at the idea. It was never brought up again.

*Nods vigorously* {although I would have used the word 'sect' instead of religion.}

Back