Race/Ethnicity

seen bits if them, and they seem pretty interesting
its not one of those lie back on the sofa with a bag of popcorn films but it conveys well what goes on in the brain/body in situations in an almost automatic way; why neuroscience etc are now saying the 'unconscious' plays more of a part than we think it does.
so back to your OP l suppose there are cultural/race/ethnic 'memes' or 'memories', mental [lol] viruses that play a part in differentiation but its something an intelligent open minded individual can overturn in their thinking despite family/environmental/ethnic history to the contrary.

Is that sarcasm? You mean like western philosophy, science, mathematics, literature, poetry? Diversity created all this! Aboriginals are one of the purest races in the world.

It most surely was not sarcasm. They may not have had science and mathematics but in every other sense their cultures were highly developed. Their oral traditions and philosophies were based on an acute understanding of their environment and some of their universal philosophies were more accurate descriptions of the way things really work than ever reached by the Old World religions.

its not one of those lie back on the sofa with a bag of popcorn films but it conveys well what goes on in the brain/body in situations in an almost automatic way; why neuroscience etc are now saying the 'unconscious' plays more of a part than we think it does.
so back to your OP l suppose there are cultural/race/ethnic 'memes' or 'memories', mental [lol] viruses that play a part in differentiation but its something an intelligent open minded individual can overturn in their thinking despite family/environmental/ethnic history to the contrary.

I don't know about that

In the Chinese calandar the Rat won the race of the animals, I think the Rat climbed on to the OX took a free ride then as the OX got to the finish line the rat jumped off and won the race. (Rats my year :) ).See at anytime any human has the oppertunity to take whats there and add to it and this is basically whats been going on throughout history anyway. I wouldn't say their has been any one ethnic background thats consistently demonstrated supriorty throughout the whole of human history. The only ones that have done that are the ones who have managed to survive times raft and enviromental factors, which is pretty much eveyone alive today.

It most surely was not sarcasm. They may not have had science and mathematics but in every other sense their cultures were highly developed. Their oral traditions and philosophies were based on an acute understanding of their environment and some of their universal philosophies were more accurate descriptions of the way things really work than ever reached by the Old World religions.

Yeah interesting I read some stuff about aboriginals ages ago and that they are an intuitive people that they have been known to communicate telephathically and having an excellent sense of direction, I might try read up about their religious beliefs when I get the chance seems interesting.

I don't know about that

In the Chinese calandar the Rat won the race of the animals, I think the Rat climbed on to the OX took a free ride then as the OX got to the finish line the rat jumped off and won the race. (Rats my year :) ).See at anytime any human has the oppertunity to take whats there and add to it and this is basically whats been going on throughout history anyway. I wouldn't say their has been any one ethnic background thats consistently demonstrated supriorty throughout the whole of human history. The only ones that have done that are the ones who have managed to survive times raft and enviromental factors, which is pretty much eveyone alive today.

l wasn't talking superiority; in a lot of cultures, particularly historically [ie pre 'modern'] religion is/was a way of life and that can limit and put boundries on individualistic thinking but yes of course we, the humans of the world, are affected by each other globally and one would think levelling out, but are we?
btw talking of south american tribes and you considering vegetarianism if you knew that the beef you ate was destroying the forests and tribes dwelling there would that change your diet?

img019.jpg

Nearly seen the whole documentary by the way! One of the best ive seen in a long time.

I saw it a long time ago and I have since found out some of the stuff they talked about is a total hoax. Like the Japanese water crystal stuff.

Okkk heres a topic that I don’t know if has ever been started, although it certainly has been discussed.

Does ethnicity have anything to do with how people behave and if it does to what extent?

I know that secretly many people and from various ethnics backgrounds seem to think theirs is better than the next. Is it at all possible that certain ethnic backgrounds have a tendency to behave in a more positive or negative way towards society on the basis of their racial background, in the same way various species of animals behave, less or more aggressively? I mean even within certain ethnic groups, family line can and does pass on certain characteristic traits, can this happen on a people as a whole and if it does should it matter? i.e politically, insurance policies. Also ethnicity plays a role in the nature of love and attraction does this also contribute to a bias that can extend politically and tribally?

I was raised in a more or less religiously neutral family as my father at the time was rebelling from his very fundamentalist Christian family and my mother was an atheist. I did get doses of Christianity when my missionary aunt came to visit, she being one of those incredibly brave First Contact missionaries mentioned in the End of the Spear movie about Christian missionaries bringing the Christian message to very dangerous South American tribes in the '40's and early '50's. I had another missionary aunt who was sent to China and was kicked out by the Communists and her husband interred for years. So is it surprising I am a religious fanatic too?

Then on top of this family heritage, we discovered when my mother died that she was a closet Jew who either did not know her Jewish background or had deliberately kept quiet about it. I confirmed the Jewish heritage by having my dna tested and sure enough all sorts of Ashkenazi ancestry showed up, even some Sephardic genes as well. So is it surprising I am a prophesy bearer with an old time Jewish prophet's combative personality?

Yes, I do think our biological inheritances can predict our behavioral patterns, even political affiliations which is why the right-wing death squads operating in the world are really participating in biological warfare reducing the liberality of every country they operate in.

Interesting, how did you end up finding out your mum was Jewish?

Recent studies found that societys that are more violent have a higher percentage of left handers. Some European countries have about 10% left handers which compared to other countries is quite high, the lowest percentage of left handers in a population is found in a tribal group of Burkina Faso (a poor african country).

It was found that the only reason people are born left handed was to survive in a violent and murderous society starting from the stone age period, they often do well in sports and one on one combats, with an element of confusion.

To name afew
Alexander the Great
Napoleon Bonaparte
Billy the Kid
Jack the Ripper

@ Postmaster + Native

(sorry 4 the late reply guys, forgot to check this thread)

Don't take my word for it, google the stuff yourself. Check out the wiki page and scroll down to the "Academic Reaction". The first sentence reads: "Scientists who have reviewed What the Bleep Do We Know!? have described distinct assertions made in the film as pseudoscience.[17] "

If you're lookin' for some intellectual stimulation, my suggestion is watching: Waking Life.

To respond to the OP, I think that whatever differences we have (which are promoted vigorously) are all cultural.
If you do some practical anthropology and actually go and live with various different ethnic groups, you will find that people are people, the world over.
I have done this to some degree and learned that that is absolutely true and race/ethnicity has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Color has nothing to do with it.
Suggestions to the contrary are spurious.

Back