Steven Hawkings "very ill"

17th Angel

לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות
Reaction score
Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the d
Anyone else hear about this? Someone told me he died! lol that is why I looked into it, but I can't seem to find any reference to his death but I can find "very ill" rushed to hospital refrences..... Anyone?

Oh also just read this one....
The News Bizarre: Stephen Hawking "Very ill" Rushed to Hospital

"Maybe one of the most important humans to ever live, Stephen Hawking has been rushed to hospital its reported"

What a load of bollocks...... :/ His life has no more value than the next mans.

Get well soon though Stevie! Or RIP... whichever is true.

Anyone else hear about this? Someone told me he died! lol that is why I looked into it, but I can't seem to find any reference to his death but I can find "very ill" rushed to hospital refrences..... Anyone?

Oh also just read this one....
The News Bizarre: Stephen Hawking "Very ill" Rushed to Hospital

"Maybe one of the most important humans to ever live, Stephen Hawking has been rushed to hospital its reported"

What a load of bollocks...... :/ His life has no more value than the next mans.

Get well soon though Stevie! Or RIP... whichever is true.

Heard he was on his last....erm....wheels..... so they will be saving it for the obits.

OH he made some leaps in science!! Whoopee... Give the man some spoke cards... I still don't think he holds "value" above others :/

Are we all of different values say here on this forum?
Yes, us three have two green widgets. Thomas has three green widgets.

But widgets are not the complete indication, there is an underlying pecking order that is established by your religion, the stars, solar flares, whether or not you claim to be a prophet and the number of dust bunnies under your bed.

But see value I do not understand... He has done something to do with science? *yawns* That holds no value to me....

Hawkinz! "There it is!?! I found it!"
17: "what?"
Hawkinz! "Teh Blackholes!"
17: "I noes see it?"
Hawkinz! "I noes! It's invisible like god! lulz plz!"
17: "lulz?"
Hawkinz! "kthx!"

Or whatever he made... or found or whatever I don't know much about him ;S But whatever it is it isn't more valuable to me as cuddling with my love and with my dogs... Or the relentless caring from my mother..... Or so on you get the picture here lol.. Every day actions are value.. But if my mother goes ill... It isn't going to be in the news as "important human ill!" :/

Or whatever he made... or found or whatever I don't know much about him ;S But whatever it is it isn't more valuable to me as cuddling with my love and with my dogs... Or the relentless caring from my mother..... Or so on you get the picture here lol.. Every day actions are value.. But if my mother goes ill... It isn't going to be in the news as "important human ill!" :/
I think the difference to me I guess is the number of people touched.

Yes my mother is valuable to me, and yes she does Hospice and volunteers at church and at the hospital...probably personally touches the lives of over a thousand people a year.

Much more than me... I've got family, kids, friends, some church volunteering, asssisting with Boy Scouts, Soccer Coaching, other various activities...maybe a few hundred a year.

Then you've got your Deepak Chopras, Oprahs and Tony Robbins types...who touch millions in their work.

I'm not a scientist, nor do I play one on TV, but just reading things that have gone on I'd guess Hawkins work will affect the lives of many people on this planet for decades, centuries to come.

Although he is the first to admit, that his work stands on the shoulders of many great scientists without whom he wouldn't have been able to accomplish near as much.

Yes, us three have two green widgets. Thomas has three green widgets.
Never thought about what the "widgets" were. They be the measure of fortune and favour! So I must try harder! I want to hover on the last quarter of the first bar :rolleyes:

Hawkinz! "There it is!?! I found it!"
17: "what?"
Hawkinz! "Teh Blackholes!"
17: "I noes see it?"
Hawkinz! "I noes! It's invisible like god! lulz plz!"
17: "lulz?"
Hawkinz! "kthx!"

:/

lolz and a good real life chuckle...

I'm sort of between you two!( Arghhhh gasp!! ), in that I see what value Hawkins has but disagree he will be long remembered. I question most of his work and so do many scientists. The media certainly had a love affair with him though everyone knows that was nothing to do with the narrow theoretical science he worked on. I applaud the man his energy and persistence in leading a life full of rich experience despite the huge handicap. He is a courageous man. He is also a media plaything. Thankfully Ladrbokes are not taking bets on his day of burnout.

Or whatever he made... or found or whatever I don't know much about him ;S But whatever it is it isn't more valuable to me as cuddling with my love and with my dogs...

he discovered that.

Or the relentless caring from my mother

he was the first one to ever formulate a theory for this.

..... Or so on you get the picture here lol.. Every day actions are value.. But if my mother goes ill... It isn't going to be in the news as "important human ill!" :/

ok.. so your mother didn't discover dogs, loving dogs, the feeling of love or the theory of maternal care and thus she isn't a very important person and that makes you upset at the adulation given to Dr. Hawking for his contributions to the overall body of knowledge that the human species has benefited from.

just poking a bit of fun there :)

Dr. Hawking, by contrast, is and is despite what you or i may think of such notions... and this determination is made in a variety of manners, one of the most obvious is how many people were positively effected by a person or negatively for that matter.... Pol Pot was/is a very important historical figure though he's important for all the wrong reasons.

in terms of sheer science there are several of Dr. Hawkings contemporaries that are, without much argument, far more important to the advancement of physics but what Dr. Hawking did, which they couldn't do, was popularize science, in particular physics and made advanced mathmatical theories and physics experiments available to us in the vernacular so that the knowledge was no longer held by the intellectual elite.

he brought Fire from Prometheus and bestowed it upon the human race for all of our benefit.

sour grapes make poor wine.

metta,

~v

What's the fuss?

Everybody dies sooner or later.

The only time somebody's death becomes an issue,

is when you're doing 80 m.p.h. on a busy freeway,

and they're driving.

What's the fuss?

Everybody dies sooner or later.

The only time somebody's death becomes an issue,

is when you're doing 80 m.p.h. on a busy freeway,

and they're driving.

we can all relax, apparently steven is gonna make a full recovery

I have had this theory for a while now, and it is a bit "out there"
But it is possible that Mr. Hawkings has been used as a part of an advanced AI experiment.
He cannot talk other than through his computer interface, so who is to say who is really doing the talking.
Wireless linkup can connect him to whatever mainframe actually houses the AI and his chair can provide the wheelbarrow for all the gadgets needed to run such a program.
Really though it was a strange thought I had years ago, just after a 4:20 safety meeting:D.

Back