The Virgin Mary

So you are saying that Jesus siblings were not by Joseph?? Or they were all virgin births?? All G!d's only begotten?? What are you saying?
We know Mary had Jesus...we know that there are references to brothers and sisters, but they are never identified as Mary's. We know Joseph was much older than Mary and he died before Jesus stepped out on his own at age 30 something. That is all the BIBLE lets us know. But other writings tell more...

Ah, nothing like leaving out the fact that Mary was from the Tribe of Levi...really important piece when it comes to Jesus being a "priest"...David was a ruler and a King of a nation...Jesus was both.
This was not a response to a question about Mary's lineage, this was in response to Grey's question regarding Jesus's siblings which was in response to my asking since you indicate Joseph didn't father any children by Mary I asked, who did. Or are was she still a virgin and they are all children of G!d?

This was not a response to a question about Mary's lineage, this was in response to Grey's question regarding Jesus's siblings which was in response to my asking since you indicate Joseph didn't father any children by Mary I asked, who did. Or are was she still a virgin and they are all children of G!d?
You didn't read. We don't know that part. All we know is that Mary, birthed Jesus. That is all we know from the Biblia.

Now if you know more info about brothers, sisters, and the like (and yes I looked at the "tree" you provided), then we can go further with knowledge in leiu of speculation.

Wasn't it his mom and family outside when he indicated his family were his followers, not his biologicals?

But I'll bite.

Ok, so his brothers and sisters are not Mary's and not Josephs, who do you think they are?

Q said:
..what it would not explain is her uncanny ability to get her "kid" to do as she requested, despite the potential negative ramifications...

What 'uncanny' ability? I'm not sure I follow. When did she demonstrate this?

I think that besides the virgin birth being impossible it leaves the Christian myth wide open to being spun into promoting cuckoldry.

For me one of the best aspects of religions is that they get people to behave more morally than they would otherwise. However Christianity with its myth of a virgin birth seems to set marriages up to be infiltrated by immoral ideas and behavior.

I have a friend that believes that the virgin birth's propensity to promote cuckoldry was intentionally designed into the Christian religion by it's Roman creators. I have to agree that this is a possibility. If it is indeed the case that Christianity was designed by the Romans it would seem that its primary function are to discourage people from starting new religions, to get people to support the government and to act as a kind of eugenics program.

On a side note:

It's unfortunate also because now that the Catholic and Anglican churches amongst others have accepted the theory of evolution

Check up on this. I think Catholics accept evolution as a theory but they do not necessarily accept the theory of evolution.

Check up on this. I think Catholics accept evolution as a theory but they do not necessarily accept the theory of evolution.

I did check and the Catholic church has moved to a position of theistic evolution which means that they accept the scientific view of how life came to be. The scientific view being evolution.

But what do you say to this?

I think that besides the virgin birth being impossible it leaves the Christian myth wide open to being spun into promoting cuckoldry.

For me one of the best aspects of religions is that they get people to behave more morally than they would otherwise. However Christianity with its myth of a virgin birth seems to set marriages up to be infiltrated by immoral ideas and behavior.

I have a friend that believes that the virgin birth's propensity to promote cuckoldry was intentionally designed into the Christian religion by it's Roman creators. I have to agree that this is a possibility. If it is indeed the case that Christianity was designed by the Romans it would seem that its primary function are to discourage people from starting new religions, to get people to support the government and to act as a kind of eugenics program.

Back