The Journey of Love for God. The Hajj (pilgrimage)

a slave of Allah

Reaction score
The best days of the whole year are the 10 days we are living in. They started 9 days ago according to the Islamic calender that uses the moon to account for monthes.

Verily, the number of months with God is twelve months, so was it ordained by God on the Day when He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are Sacred, (i.e. the 1st, the 7th, the 11th and the 12th months of the Islâmic calendar). That is the right religion, so wrong not yourselves therein, and fight against the idolaters collectively, as they fight against you collectively. But know that God is with those who fear Him (by restraining themselves from sins and wrong actions). (36)

They ask thee concerning the New Moons. Say: they are but signs to mark fixed periods of time in (the affairs of) people, and for pilgrimage. It is no virtue if ye enter houses from the back; it is virtue if ye fear God. Enter houses through the proper doors and fear God that ye may prosper. (189)

The sun is to account for other things such as prayer time, the four seasons and other things, but the monthes are accounted for by noticing the moon.

The last month in which Hajj (pilgrimage) is performed is a sacred month and war is forbidden therein. This month is called Thul-Hijjah and has started 9 days ago.

The pilgrimage is the 5th pillar of Islam and is obligatory duty for each muslim who have the ability to perform it, once in the lifetime.
Certainly, the first House (of worship) appointed for men was that at Bakka: full of blessing and of guidance for all kinds of beings: (96)
In it are signs manifest; (for example), the Station of Abraham; whoever enters it attains security; pilgrimage thereto is a duty men owe to God? those who can afford the journey; but if any deny faith; God stands Rich, not in need of any of the worlds. (97)

May God write for us a chance to perform pilgrimage and feel the happiness of visiting His House and worshipping Him.

God is the One Who has created the heavens and the earth and sends down rain from the sky and with it bringes out fruits wherewith to feed you; it is He Who has made the ships subject to you that they may sail through the sea by His command; and the rivers (also) has He made subject to you. (32)

And He has made subject to you the sun and the moon, both diligently pursuing their courses: and the Night and the Day has He (also) made subject to you. (33)

And He gave you of all that ye asked for. And if ye count the favours of God never will ye be able to number them: verily, man is given up to injustice and ingratitude. (34)

Remember Abraham said: "O my Lord! make this city one of security: and preserve me and my sons from worshipping idols. (35)

"O my Lord! they have indeed led astray many among mankind: he then who follows my (ways) is of me, and he that disobeys me, but You are indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (36)

"O our Lord! I have made some of my offspring to dwell in a valley without cultivation, by Your Sacred House; in order, O our Lord that they may establish regular prayer: so fill the hearts of some among men with love towards them, and feed them with Fruits: so that they may give thanks. (37)

"O our Lord! truly You surely know what we conceal and what we reveal: for nothing whatever is hidden from God, whether on earth or in heaven. (38)

"Praise be to God, who has granted unto me in old age Ismael and Isaac: for truly my Lord is He, the Hearer of Prayer! (39)

"O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular Prayer, and also (raise such) among my offspring O our Lord! and accept You my Prayer. (40)

"O our Lord! cover (us) with your Forgiveness? me, my parents, and (all) Believers, on the Day that the Reckoning will be established!" (41)

And remember Abraham and Ismael raised the foundations of the House (saying): "Our Lord! accept (this service) from us; for You are indeed the All-Hearing the All-Knowing. (127)

"Our Lord! Make of us Muslims (submissive) to You and of our progeny a people Muslims to You and show us our places for the celebration of (due) rites; and turn unto us (in Mercy); for You surely are the Oft-Returning Most-Merciful. (128)

"Our Lord! send amongst them a Messenger of their own who shall rehearse Your Signs to them and instruct them in Scripture and Wisdom, and purify them; for You are surely the Exalted in Might the Wise." (129)

And who turns away from the religion of Abraham but such as debase their souls with folly? Him We chose and rendered pure in this world: and he will be in the Hereafter in the ranks of the Righteous. (130)

Behold! His Lord said to him: "Submit (your will to Me)" He said: "I have submitted to the Lord of the worlds." (131)

Wow, A Slave of Allah, that picture is really quite amazing !!

Can you explain what it means to you, in your own words ??

Thanks.

Wow, A Slave of Allah, that picture is really quite amazing !!

Can you explain what it means to you, in your own words ??

Thanks.
Hi Avi,

All the muslims from all nations have one distination, that is toward the House of God.

Muslims are praying to God facing His House, and they are in the state of Rukuo (bowing down).

Hi Avi,

All the muslims from all nations have one distination, that is toward the House of God.

Muslims are praying to God facing His House, and they are in the state of Rukuo (bowing down).

Hi A Slave of Allah,

I know the Haaj is one of the most important actions that a Muslim can participate in his lifetime.

Can you tell us a little more about this activity ? Have you ever participated ? Is the large structure in the center of the picture the House of God ? Can you tell us more about this structure ? Do people ever enter this structure ? What is inside ? Also, why are there groups of participants dressed in black robe during the ceremony ? I have read that part of the ceremony is where stones are thrown toward the area where Abraham was tempted by the devil to not go through with the action of sacrificing his son. What is your understanding of this issue ?

Thanks.

I have read that part of the ceremony is where stones are thrown toward the area where Abraham was tempted by the devil to not go through with the action of sacrificing his son. What is your understanding of this issue ?
Yes, you are right.

The main idea behind sacrifice is that you keep your heart pure for God.

There are some animals that are too expensive and beloved to people, yet the true believers sacrifice them for God, seeking his High Pleasure.

Prophet Abraham, peace be upon him and his family, was very deep in love for God.

And he said (after God saved him from the fire into which the pagans threw him): "Verily, I am going to my Lord. He will guide me!" (99)

"My Lord! Grant me (offspring) from the righteous." (100)

So We gave him the glad tidings of a forbearing boy. (101)

And, when he (his son Ismael) was old enough to walk with him, he said: "O my son! I have seen in a dream that I am slaughtering you (offer you in sacrifice to God), so look what you think!" He said: "O my father! Do that which you are commanded, if God will, you shall find me of the patient." (102)

Then, when they had both submitted themselves (to the Will of God), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead; (103)

And We called out to him: "O Abraham! (104)

You have fulfilled the dream!" Verily! thus do We reward the good-doers. (105)

Verily, that indeed was a manifest trial. (106)

And We ransomed him with a great sacrifice; (107)

And We left for him (a goodly remembrance) among the later generations. (108)

Peace be upon Abraham. (109)

Thus indeed do We reward the good-doers. (110)

Verily, he was one of Our believing slaves. (111)

And We gave him the glad tidings of Isaac a Prophet from the righteous. (112)

We blessed him and Isaac, and of their progeny are (some) that do right, and some that plainly wrong themselves. (113)

We have a God that is worthy to spend our lives and all what we have for.

All the Praises and Thanks be God/Allah the Lord of the worlds.

In pilgrimage, the place where prophet Abraham, peace be upon him and his family, wanted to sacrifice his son Ismael is visited, and we do what you have mentioned, and then sacrifice our meats/animals.

Would it be not forbidden that we sacrifice ourselves, we would do so gladly.

And (remember) when We showed Abraham the site of the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) (saying): "Associate not anything (in worship) with Me, and sanctify My House for those who circumambulate it, and those who stand up (for prayer), and those who bow and make prostration (in prayer);" (26)

And proclaim to mankind the Hajj (pilgrimage). They will come to you on foot and on every lean camel, they will come from every deep and distant (wide) mountain highway. (27)

That they may witness things that are of benefits to them, and mention the Name of God on appointed days, over the beast of cattle that He has provided for them. Then eat thereof and feed therewith the poor who have a very hard time. (28)

Then let them complete their prescribed duties (Manâsik of Hajj), and perform their vows, and circumambulate the Ancient House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) (29)

That (Manâsik prescribed duties of Hajj is the obligation that mankind owes to God), and whoever honours the sacred things of God, then that is better for him with his Lord. The cattle are lawful to you, except those (that will be) mentioned to you (as exceptions). So shun the abomination (worshipping) of idol, and shun lying speech (30)

Inclined toward God, not associating partners (in worship) unto Him, and whoever assigns partners to God, it is as if he had fallen from the sky, and the birds had snatched him, or the wind had thrown him to a far off place. (31)

Thus it is. and whosoever honours the Symbols of God, then it is truly from the piety of the hearts. (32)

In them (cattle offered for sacrifice) are benefits for you for an appointed term, and afterwards they are brought for sacrifice unto the ancient House (the Haram - sacred territory of Makkah). (33)

And for every nation We have appointed religious ceremonies, that they may mention the Name of God over the beast of cattle that He has given them for food. And your god is One god, so to Him submit yourselves. And (O Muhammad) give glad tidings to the humble. (34)

Whose hearts are filled with fear when God is mentioned; and those who patiently bear whatever may befall them (of calamities); and who perform prayer, and who spend (in God's Cause) out of what We have provided them. (35)

And the Budn (cows, oxen, or camels driven to be offered as sacrifices by the pilgrims at the sanctuary of Makkah.) We have made them for you as among the Symbols of God, Wherein you have much good. So mention the Name of God over them when they are drawn up in lines (for sacrifice). Then, when they are down on their sides (after slaughter), eat thereof, and feed the poor who does not ask (men), and the beggar who asks (men). Thus have We made them subject to you that you may be grateful. (36)

It is neither their meat nor their blood that reaches God, but it is piety from you that reaches Him. Thus have We made them subject to you that you may magnify God for His Guidance to you. And give glad tidings (O Muhammad) to the doers of good. (37)

I will come to the rest of your question later on, by God's will.

Back