Sensual Snapshots

i think it has a lot to do with vibration. i say this because as brian points out, you don't have to be in the same physical location to be able to "read" someone. i know that everyone leaves a "signature" on everything they touch or create, so that often if i am reading a post on a forum i will pick up subtle "motives" and/or emotional "baggage" in their writings. this is why for me i prefer to read a person's own words, because there is a much stronger signature left than if it is cut & Pasted and/or memorized. the ability or "gift" (if you find use for it) has been very helpful for me in my teaching work as well as my healing work, as well as figuring out what language works in communicating. in general though, it is a good idea to know who the emotional vampires are in your environment so you don't find yourself a host to them. sometimes they are very adept at draining others in less than obvious ways. just my experience using this ability...

dcv-

Sorry, Vajra. I didn't mean to belittle what you said. I was just comparing what I'd read to the discussion of reading minds. And joking a bit as is my way ...

My apologies if I've offended anyone.

With metta,
Zenda

no worries Zenda :)

i'm not easily offended... and questioning this stuff would never be the method to offend me, at least ;)

Namaste Venda,

just because i talk like the Crocodile Hunter doesn't mean i'm an Aussie :)

i'm a child of the world, so to speak :) my blood line is a mixture of various races and creeds... however, i consider myself, at least in terms of nationality, to be an American. how long that is the case remains to be seen :)

i would generally define myself as a Buddhist before my nationality.. though that is not always the case for folks. it's been my experience that nationalism is a close second for causing conflict and the more chances i have to minimize that in my life, i'm going to take.

wow... talk about veering way off topic! LOL...

And still on veering off-topic, Steve Irwin is a favourite among my kids. :)

And taking this thread even further off course ... *yee hah!*

I don't have cable, but I've seen Steve Irwin on other people's TVs and love him. My son, however and probably for just right now, prefers Zooboomafoo over any other nature program. He has an intense interest in elephants recently.

Vajra, are you planning to flee the US if Bush gets re-elected? :) Scary shrub, that one. I don't think about my nationality much, but it seems to be of great interest to some. And yes, it can be a great source of conflict. (Although telling some people I'm Buddhist can be equally as problematic. :) )

With metta,
Zenda

Back