Baha'is in Haiti accounted for..

arthra

Baha'i
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

A message from the National Spiritual Assembly, with information on the Bahá’ís in Haiti as well as guidance on how to contribute to the relief effort there has been posted to the administrative website and to The American Bahá’í online at: http://bit.ly/5FOsuo (you’ll need to logon to the site to access the message).

As you can imagine, it has been difficult to obtain information from Haiti. From the news we have received so far, it appears that the members of the Haitian Bahá’í community are accounted for, and none thus far have been reported killed. Of course, many others are suffering terribly at this time and a special prayer service for Haiti will be held at the Bahá’í House of Worship in Wilmette on Sunday afternoon.

We hope you find comfort in the words of Shoghi Effendi as quoted in the following story posted on the public website:
www.bahai.us/Haiti_2010.

"... When such a crisis sweeps over the world no person should hope to remain intact. We belong to an organic unit and when one part of the organism suffers all the rest of the body will feel its consequence. This is in fact the reason why Baha'u'llah calls our attention to the unity of mankind. But as Bahá'ís we should not let such hardship weaken our hope in the future... "

With loving regards,

Office of Communications
U.S. Baha'i National Center

Some of you may have heard of the group of folks, many of whom were Baha'is, who went to Haiti to provide medical support. They came from across the US and Canada.

You may have seen the Baha'i News article.

More coverage has come out of New Jersey.

The group that made the trip is organizing under the name Love for Haiti They have more pictures posted - one of the people that went was a photo journalist and he took many pictures.

This group setup up a base and clinic at the Anis Zunuzi Baha'i School in Haiti which did not collapse and has a long history of service and fanned out into the neighborhood from there. This adhoc group of medical staff have now linked up with the parent funding NGO Mona Foundation and are seeking to make a return trip in early March.

For background info you may consider reading up on the the Baha'i Faith in Haiti
and
the Anis Zunuzi Baha'i School at Wikipedia

Back