Revelation 11- 2 Witnesses, what do you think?

S

Shannon300

Hey! *waves* *opens Holy Book*

Have you all ever heard of the 2 Witnesses spoken about in Revelation 11? I got this message on Facebook:

Hey ----- There’s a 30 day Challenge going on at "facebook.com/wefoundthem" where a group is challenging internet users to help them spread the message that they found the Two Witnesses spoken of in Revelation 11 and they can prove it. So, I’m helping them with the challenge. They have a neat video and free info pack so it’s worth checking out. Here’s the site again We Found Them | Facebook

So, What do you all think? Have you ever wondered about the 2 Witnesses? Do you know who they are? What does your religion teach about them?

I have no idea what to think! I have never heard of them before, I remember reading about them a little in Revelations but, I never studied or heard about it in church.

All opinions are welcome...just trying to gain some insight.

Hi, Shannon300. Very pleased to meet you and don't mind at all sharing an opinion on that. Revelation borrows its imagery from the Jewish literature written before it, up to the time of its writing. It also assumes you have an understanding of Jewish culture. To understand the witnesses you need a little background first. One of the star aspects of Jewish law is that it is intended to protect the innocent while condemning the guilty. For that reason, a minimum of two witnesses are required for any conviction no matter who is accused, and if there is any doubt about the guilt then prosecution cannot proceed. The judge's job is to defend each defendant impartially and without regard to rank. It is assumed that persons will be accused even though innocent and must be defended, and this is from where many governments nowadays derive the concept of 'Innocent until proven guilty'. In the book Revelation, it is the Nations that are on trial. The two witnesses in Revelation are called prophets, and any prophet's primary function is to protest wrongs. These two witnesses are slain but are resurrected, and they are hated because they protest against the nations' evil doings. The two witnesses are named in verse 18 of the same chapter. They are the LORD's servants, "the prophets and the saints." What we call two witnesses are actually symbols for many people, many of whom suffered or even died because of their witness. They are any good person who has protested the evils of the nations, good people and those who would not accept the status quo over the centuries. Think William Wilberforce. It is all of these people rather than a well defined two individuals that are the two witnesses. They are called Two Witnesses, because their testimony is enough to convict. All of these convict the nations of evil, so the great Judge of all the Earth can move against the nations to set up a kingdom that is better. Until the verdict is sure, the trial cannot proceed; and so the witnesses must endure. That's generally the theme of the whole book, and you'll see it repeated many times as you read it.

Hi--

Made up or another biblical parable. There will not be any Two Witnesses resurrected from the dead before Judgment because the Bible itself is opposed to reincarnation. If the Two Witnesses are there, then the Bible contradicts itself. It would mean that the Two Witnesses would be resurrected 3x (i.e. they died time ago, then "now" they are here, then the anticrhist will kill them, then again they will resurrect, then bla bla).

I'm thinking Shannon forgot about this thread, Amica. I think it is interesting you believe that the Bible is against reincarnation and also that you see resurrection as reincarnation. Where I'm from people consider resurrection and reincarnation to be two different things, one Christian and one Hindu. So resurrection has a bubble around it of 'not reincarnation' for most people that I know. The biggest difference is that reincarnation seems to involve loss of memory and the makeup of the person, but resurrection reconstructs those things albeit with some changes.

Hey! *waves* *opens Holy Book*​

Have you all ever heard of the 2 Witnesses spoken about in Revelation 11? I got this message on Facebook:​

So, What do you all think? Have you ever wondered about the 2 Witnesses? Do you know who they are? What does your religion teach about them?​

I have no idea what to think! I have never heard of them before, I remember reading about them a little in Revelations but, I never studied or heard about it in church.​

All opinions are welcome...just trying to gain some insight.​

Yes, prophets will continue to be sent in the endtime period. And one of them is tormenting enough as sometimes truth is torturing. Then when 2 of them come together, people will get mad when the truth is revealed.

Yes, prophets will continue to be sent in the endtime period. And one of them is tormenting enough as sometimes truth is torturing. Then when 2 of them come together, people will get mad when the truth is revealed.

some actually believe the 2 witnesses have already come n gone. (old gnostic & other "strange" doctrine)

some think the 2 are the "church" and the "word", and again can be applied to the past &/or present, as they think.

but what do u mean with "...people will get mad when the
truth is revealed." what people?

Shalom...............

Hi cb45. Welcome to the forums! No, I'm not a moderator just a modifier like you. Ignore the arcane post I made (#2).

There are actually lots of ways to view Revelation. They all lead to error, unless you have the key to break the seal. The key is a soft heart, a heart of action. Hard hearts are why when the two prophets prophecy people get angry. Its the same reason people spend time arguing about what Revelation means and attend seminars about it, but their lives are unchanged. If their hearts were soft, they wouldn't be angry and the words would go down into them becoming life. Similarly, Revelation can be read but is unprofitable to new believers; because they are not able to 'Read the words in this book'. Its not just for the eyes and the brain. Time must pass and the believer be changed into an adult by consuming, not conundrums like Revelation, but the milk. The milk is about living and about principles and the things that really matter. That is why verse 3 of Revelation says Blessed is he who 1. reads 2. hears 3. keeps. Those are the only key that opens this book.

gee thanks dream.....i've never been called a "modifier" before, lol.

i know what u mean bout rev. and its complexity/mystery. tho' i dont seek to argue it, i do like kickin' ideas bout it with other believers (this is key, for u have many unbelievers/infidels who waste yer brain power/time).

differences are ok to me, as long as done respectfully, and again, by folks who have at least read the book.

for example, as much as say, i dont like Islam, i couldnt attack
Mohammed on much of anything unless i've either read the Koran/Quran, or many books on the subject.

i could speak/write in general terms sure but, i couldnt have
a true intellectual debate with any devout muslim &/or
muslim priest, based on my lack, per se.

but that is just what many a Christian has to endure from
many an uninformed infidel (pun intended) of all types.

just a somewhat frustrated FYI.

i need to read up on this 2 witness subject b4 i can appropriately post it here. for i got (maybe) a strange doctrine
kinda insight on rev. many yrs ago but didnt fully research it out
to see if it was really so. it was more like an "ah ha!"
kinda thing.

i'm currently in 2 corinth's right now, heading towards rev.

i keep getting an inclination tho', that i need to get into
isaiah soon/something fierce.

hmmm......

Have you ever wondered about the 2 Witnesses? Do you know who they are? What does your religion teach about them?

The Baha'i Faith teaches these two witnesses were the Prophet Muhammad and Ali.

Back