Project Conversion

9Harmony

goin' with the flow...
Reaction score
I thought you might like to follow along as well.

This is a project by Andrew Bowen...He is immersing himself in one religion per month through this year. January was Hinduism. February is Baha'i.

Very interesting project...and could be very educational for the rest of us.

Project Conversion

Enjoy!

Any Zoroastrians here?

In case you may be interested...Andrew Bowen of "The Conversion Project" is studying the Zoroastrian Faith this month. Unfortunately where he lives he cannot find any followers in his immediate area. He is working online with a Mentor in Chicago, but he would appreciate befriending others to help him learn.

His facebook page is here:

Project Conversion | Facebook

His website is here:

Project Conversion

Hope to see you there.

I hope others will join and follow him through out the year too. Should be interesting and educational for all of us. You can read previous posts to see his experiences with Hinduism in January, and the Baha'i Faith in February.
smile.gif

-Amy

9Harmony that is an interesting project to immerse yourself in the religion of another culture for a month at a time. What also interests me is the idea behind the premise. Which is that by immersion/ experience you can find the truth of a specific set of religious beliefs. That places the act of judging a religion based on the preferences of the individual. What about absolute truth? If all religions differ and they do on the way they view God shouldn’t they be judged on their worldviews. I doubt that experience alone can prove anything since experiences are subjective. I would encourage any truth seeker to look at the best available evidence instead of just experience. I would encourage anyone seeking truth to look into the cosmological, ontological, design, and moral arguments for Christian theism. While I’m sure that the project will encounter interesting aspects of other religions I am far more interested in the pursuit of truth from an objective stand point. The historical reliability of the Bible particularly the New Testament would be a great starting point. I encourage you in your journey to search out truth and not feelings or experience. I personally believe that the ultimate truth is found in Jesus Christ.

Back